Will the Giants stand by their man?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that this story is what it is, but in it there is the beginning of the end for Goodell. The Brady debacle was the end of the beginning. The league is a laughingstock now - with fans, media and players openly deriding them. And with the decline in ratings, the situation is untenable and moving towards critical mass. I am thinking Brady will still be in the league when Goodell is shown the door.

I don't believe that changing Goodell will do anything. He's just the fall guy for the owners.

I don't believe that changing Goodell will do anything. He's just the fall guy for the owners.

Just look at the difference in the NFL from the days of Tagliabue to the current regime. Switching the commissioners made a huge difference.

Mara after Rice fiasco:

"It’s time we take a stand. Everyone in our league, players, coaches, front office people, need to understand there is no excuse for domestic violence and there is going to be severe consequences.”

Just look at the difference in the NFL from the days of Tagliabue to the current regime. Switching the commissioners made a huge difference.

Agreed. The problem is the 32 will never allow a commissioner with stones like Tagliabue again. If Goodell goes, they will simply replace him with another incompetent yes man.

I really wish I didn't love football, because I despise the NFL and its 32 ass warts.

I think the difference now is the owners' attitudes. They seem to be more intent on controlling the players and are far more interested in making as much money as they possibly can.

Mara after Rice fiasco:

"It’s time we take a stand. Everyone in our league, players, coaches, front office people, need to understand there is no excuse for domestic violence and there is going to be severe consequences.”

That's strange. Peter King and other such hangers on always talk about how classy and smart Mara is...and how the Giants represent what is right about the league.

All I see is a hypocrite and a member of the lucky sperm club. His big accomplishment is that his daddy owned a football team. And he convinced Peter King to swallow.

Mara after Rice fiasco:

Good for Coughlin for not shaking this jerks hand. Should have punched him instead.

NFLPA has to get into the next CBA that if you aren't charged with a crime, you can't be punished. Boom. No more controversies. Teams can sit players if they choose to. Make stated punishments for getting charged with crimes. Leave very little to interpretation.

As long as Article 46 exists, as two US Courts of Appeal have now ruled decisively, it doesn't matter one bit if there's specific punishments laid out by the CBA for certain behavior (like getting charged with a crime). The Commissioner - even if he gets the facts completely wrong in a case - can punish them WHATEVER HE WANTS. Period, full stop, end of discussion.

I have no daughters, but I do now have a teenage grand daughter. As I said at the time of the Greg Hardy bs, if that was my family member the player would never play football again, no matter what Goody and his merry band of 32 decided. He'd be lucky to be able to walk.

This is just another in a continuous line of NYFL crap that has me hankering for the day that Tom Brady is gone and I can dump them all for good.

I've taken a lot of shots from fans here for taking that hard line with the NYFL, but the more I see the more I believe that it's the fans who stay on who will be the ones with the problem.

Once BB and TB are done you may not need to make the hard choice to no longer follow the NFL*. Without their excellence there will be a lot of Rats-Cardinals type games being played, and you will naturally gravitate away as you find better things to do than watch crap like that.

Last edited:
Once BB and TB are done you may not need to make the hard choice to no longer follow the NFL*. Without their excellence there will be a lot of Rats-Cardinals type games being pkayed, and you will naturally gravitate away as you find better things to do than watch crap like that.

We're watching one of the best Pats team ever assembled and I'm already gravitating away. When Brady is done so am I and I'll be fine when that time comes.

We're watching one of the best Pats team ever assembled and I'm already gravitating away. When Brady is done so am I and I'll be fine when that time comes.

My thoughts exactly. I actually feel a little guilty knowing that when I go to the Patriots games or watch the games on tv, I'm helping to line the pockets of these soulless, despicable billionaires who care about nothing else in the world except their bottom lines

I definately know the feeling. I have been a Pats fan since I was about 8-9 years old. I remember being envious of the really strong teams while the team I watched was pathetic most of the time. I kept watching and dreaming of the day that I could watch my team join the big boys and be a team I could be proud of, and fans of other team could be envious of.

We got a little taste of it when Chuck Fairbanks took over, until that ended in typical snakebite Pats fashion.

In 1975 we had the dominant Pats team that had a possible Superbowl stolen from them by Ben Dreith. What an inedible talented team that was. Such a shame that the NFL* wouldn't let them win.

In 1986 the Pats got clobbered by the Bears in the Superbowl, so in a manner, we were making progress; you can't get clobbered in a Superbowl unless you get to one. Even that left a sour taste to me, as I heard so many opposing fans tell me that the Pats shouldn't even be in the SB, it should have been the Dolphins, the only team to beat the Bears that year. We still didn't get respect.

Then the Pats get a big time head coach in Bill Parcells and keep getting closer to relevance, and we get to a Superbowl again, and this time give an admirable performance, and give the favored Green Bay Packers all they could handle.

Who knows, if the Rats hadn't come atamperin' at our head coach, the Pats may have even been able to pull off an upset.

That is where my unbridled antipathy for the Rats and all things rodent began. Those cretins didn't have the decency to even let Parcells complete the job the Pats had hired him for, as if the fortunes of the Pats were insignificant, even though the Rats own season was long over.

Now we all know the rest of the story, and I don't really want make this post too much longer, but hopefully all of this rehashes just what we long-suffering Pats fans have had to endure before finally reaching our goal of being a team we Pats fans could admire, and other fans could wish their teams were like.

We became the greatest dynasty the NFL* ever saw, and it could have been even better if the NFL* front office and the NY teams hadn't, treacherously, undermined the Pats efforts at every opportunity.

So that is a recap of what I saw the Pats endure to get to the top. I treasured getting to the top because it was so hard to get there, and I revered the accomplishment.

Now I can easily see myself walking away when the Pats are no longer a strong team, because my respect for the NFL* has declined so much under Goodell. Before, it was worth the perennial disappointment because I respected the NFL*.

I no longer do, and I won't have the patience to watch my team struggle to get back on top of a corrupt league where I can't even be sure the games are fair competitions.

**** the NFL* !!!

Last edited:
I'd love to meet that p@ssy in person. He'd have no chance.

To be clear, I lived with some of the most horrific domestic violence imaginable when I was a kid.

I'm really confused. Didn't he admit to physically abusing his wife? Is he going into denial mode so he can save his job?

What a sack of **** this loser is....

While Brown apologized to his team, Giants owner John Mara and those who've supported him, he did not apologize to his ex-wife, Molly, or any of the other women who he, in his own words, "objectified," according to an email turned over to police.

While Brown wanted to make clear he did not strike his wife -- something Molly Brown would dispute, as she has accused him of over 20 physically-violent incidents -- he did not mention the toll taken on victims of emotional or psychological abuse, both of which he has admitted to in journal entries.

Brown releases statement: 'I never struck my wife, and never would'

Wording. He never struck her. But obviously there was some form of DV, so he could have instead:
- choked her
- pulled her by the hair and dragged her
- poured bleach on her
- held a knife to her

Etc.

Ugh. Yea my thoughts never went there. To disturbing to even think about....

Wording. He never struck her. But obviously there was some form of DV, so he could have instead:
- choked her
- pulled her by the hair and dragged her
- poured bleach on her
- held a knife to her

Etc.

Not to drag this too much further into the political, and wordplay, realms, but due to the watering down of the language, "physical abuse" can be anything from just grabbing an arm as a mild restraint to going Fargo with the woodchipper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back