PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How scared are you of Thursday night's game vs the Jets?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How scared are you about Thursday night?

• Total voters
The only thing that scares me at this stage is Cromartie's influence on Gee-No!'s decision whether to use condoms.

some times things fly over peoples heads

In keeping with the spirit of the poll, hopefully it won't be Geno Smith passes to Jets receivers over Talib, McCourty & Co.

Not scared. I hope the rash of injuries makes Pats players, particularly their rookies and young players, step it up rather than turtle. Based on who we have at coach and QB, I am confident this will happen, but won't guarantee anything.

Thursday night is coming and the Jets are coming in to Foxboro. The Jets dominated the Buc's in week one and we won't have Gronk or Vareen and maybe Sudfeld or Danny A.

Yes we won't have to deal with Mark Sanchez but Mark, is telling Gino everything he knows. Wilkerson is now filling the void left by Bart Scott as spokesperson for the Jets.

Perhaps BB should just rest TFB and the starters the he is arrogant so he won't do that.

How scared are you about thursday night?
For a second I was scared that this wasn't sarcasm.

In what world did the Jets dominate the Bucs? Both temas sucked and the Jets got a lucky penalty to help them win. Probably my most hated penalty in the league, it should not be a late hit if the player is skating the line trying to stay in and takes one tiny step out and gets pushed.

Remember the game where Kordell Stewart scampered to the sideline nad stood up straight as if he was heading out of bounds?

The two pats players pulled up short - and Stewart blew past them down the sideline.

A running QB who doesn't slide should get hit like a running back - period. With the athletes they're bringing in to play QB, anything less is a huge and unfair advantage.

i dont understand the poll

I'm not scared at all i think it will be a tough game but i have little doubt. the pats will win.

Having said that, I just watched the play in question in the Jets game. It was a stupid late hit - he was clearly out of bounds.

i dont understand the poll

I'm not scared at all i think it will be a tough game but i have little doubt. the pats will win.

Next time Nut you'll have to put a picture of Joker next to your poll.

Dominated? The Jets should have lost that game.

I'm not scared. I'm just not supremely confident we'll blow them out by 50 like I usually am.

I didn't see any of the game but I do read JI. It was total domination from start to finish.

Not scared. I like seeing new players and kind of having an unknown commodity. That said, I hope for no injuries and an asskicking of the NYJ.

But, really, the Pats are -13.5 for this game?

I'm a little worried, just because of Amendola's status. If he plays, I'll feel good. If not, then the rookies seriously need to step up.

I'm actually very scared, because the offense is built around two super fragile receivers in Amendola and Gronkowski. Without them, this team is done. This team has no viable offensive threat.

I'm actually very scared, because the offense is built around two super fragile receivers in Amendola and Gronkowski. Without them, this team is done. This team has no viable offensive threat.
A running game and a defense helps a lot. It can win you some ball games. But who knows the true identity of the Patriots defense.

Remember the game where Kordell Stewart scampered to the sideline nad stood up straight as if he was heading out of bounds?

The two pats players pulled up short - and Stewart blew past them down the sideline.

A running QB who doesn't slide should get hit like a running back - period. With the athletes they're bringing in to play QB, anything less is a huge and unfair advantage.

How could I forget that play probably the moment my hatred for the out of bounds split second late hit penalty was born. A 7-6 loss to the Steelers in the playoffs a year after our SB appearance and the 7 came on that freaking play.

Also would like to point out that I completely missed the sarcasm in the thread I guess it is because I am actually mildly concerned about the game but again it has little to do with the Jets as I think they suck and more to do with us not being up to speed and those that are being hurt with a combination of a devision foe that knows us well.

I am mildly concerned about the game but still supremely confident in our chances this year as odd as it sounds to be concerned about a crappy team and still think we are SB contenders. But bottom line is the receivers will continue to improve and we will get Gronk back.

Ya because Gronk is super fragile all he did was play in the first 46 games of his career.

Not scared. I like seeing new players and kind of having an unknown commodity. That said, I hope for no injuries and an asskicking of the NYJ.

But, really, the Pats are -13.5 for this game?

If the Pats are 13.5 point favorites, then it's time to parlay the Jets ATS with the under.

When did Gronk become super fragile? So far in his NFL career, he's had two injuries: a broken arm that only happened because he was a blocker on the PAT unit, and a high ankle sprain that happened because the Pats were one of four teams still playing in January of 2012.

I am worried that, over time, small injuries will accumulate and take away a lot of his athleticism, but that's a worry that I have about every big, physical TE, and it shouldn't become a major issue for a few years at least.

Thursday night is coming and the Jets are coming in to Foxboro. The Jets dominated the Buc's in week one and we won't have Gronk or Vareen and maybe Sudfeld or Danny A.

Yes we won't have to deal with Mark Sanchez but Mark, is telling Gino everything he knows. Wilkerson is now filling the void left by Bart Scott as spokesperson for the Jets.

Perhaps BB should just rest TFB and the starters the he is arrogant so he won't do that.

How scared are you about thursday night?

So saared that I possibly won't even watch.
But maybe that's because I'm traveling in Western Canader and probably won't have a way to see the game.

Making the Patriots 13 point favoites is a big joke. I don't know if
they can score 13 points with a wide receiving corps of Edelman,
Boyce, Thompkins, and Slater. Yes, I expect Slater to see action
because of the wide receiver situation.

Rex Ryan will stop the run and dare the patriots to pass. He has a
good chance to succeed with this bunch of bozos.

Honestly, with Amendola and Vereen out this won't be an easy win. I'd feel much better with Lloyd on the team.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back