PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How scared are you of Thursday night's game vs the Jets?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How scared are you about Thursday night?

• Total voters
I am afraid if I see another Butt Fumble I may not be able to contain myself.

Im scared it won't be as entertaining as it would be if markey mark were playing. Strange things happen when he touches the ball. GeNO could just plain suck and throw a few ints, but markey had his own special brand of screwing up.

Scared of the Jesters? Please.

The Patriots are not losing this game. No matter who plays and who doesn't the Jets aren't winning.

Scared of the Jesters? Please.

The Patriots are not losing this game. No matter who plays and who doesn't the Jets aren't winning.

I agree the Jets are a joke. No way they win this game.

Pats 56
Jets 3

The patriots have not been afraid of another team (or shouldn't have been) in over 10 years.

In any case, our first game are against really poor teams. Anything can happen in the NFL, but it is not very helpful to be scared of the worst of the worst.

I had the inside of my toilet painted with the Jets logo...I'm so scared I could just shyt...be right back

Normal my fear level is zippo when we play teams of the Jets caliber...but with our injuries....i FrEaK ! :(

Scared?

Some of you need a testosterone boosting.

6qLjt.gif

I know this thread is tongue-in-cheek, but I'm a little nervous. I appreciate the bravado of some of the posters here, but in spite of the total yardage and play counts, the offense looked very out of rhythm in week one. And that was against an opponent missing a couple of it's better players on defense. Now we're coming home without any semblance of a pro-level TE and without Vereen, who can contribute in the run and pass game. The Jets have the CB's to take advantage of a lack of Gronk and Vereen. Though I do think we'll be able to do enough on defense to win a really ugly game, I see this being a tough one. The quicker we can get Gronk back, the better.

Oh and LOL at all those people that wanted him PUP'ed, seemingly for the hell of it. Do you any of you still think so?

I don't mind the spirit of this thread either.

But I think we all know the Patriots can play well enough to beat anyone - and bad enough to lose to anyone.

The Jets/Bucs game is a perfect example. The Bucs lost more than the Jets won - with turnovers costing them the game. It can happen to any team - including an injury laden team like the Patriots.

I'm scared if my daughter decides to go wandering around Roxbury on her own.

Losing to the Jets? It's happened before and it will happen again.

I won't watch the game with anyone else and, thank goodness, I don't have to be out early on Friday. In the meantime, a couple of brews will take care of any emotional difficulties.

I had the inside of my toilet painted with the Jets logo...I'm so scared I could just shyt...be right back

Attachments

• Jets toilet seat 2.JPG
    Jets toilet seat 2.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Jets toilet seat.jpg
    Jets toilet seat.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 31
Wow! Home AND away! :eek:

Both temas sucked and the Jets got a lucky penalty to help them win. Probably my most hated penalty in the league, it should not be a late hit if the player is skating the line trying to stay in and takes one tiny step out and gets pushed.

I think if you re-watch the penalty, you'll see that it's going to get called the majority of the time. He was obviously trying to run out of bounds. It was a really stupid move by the Bucs player, just a killer penalty in that type of situation.

If the Jerod Mayo late hit is going to get called (and that was very ticky tack in my opinion), then the NYJ/TB penalty is going to be called 100/100 times.

I agree with you that by no means was it dominating though. They lucked out, and now they have a chance of starting their season 2-0, at least in their minds. They'll be a bit pumped up, especially when everyone had them pegged with a 2-14 or 3-13 record. Let's hope they don't have the momentum to make it too close, although I do think it's going to be a somewhat difficult game.

I'm thinking Pats by 10, but that it's relatively close late in the 3rd or possibly even the 4th quarter.

I won't watch the game with anyone else and, thank goodness, I don't have to be out early on Friday. In the meantime, a couple of brews will take care of any emotional difficulties.

I also have found that watching the game alone helps to ease some tension. I seem to get more nervous and pumped up around other people, but when I sit in the office by myself and watch the games I am able to stay a bit calmer.

I'm going to take you up on the beer offer though, that's not something that I usually do as I don't drink too often. I think it's going to be somewhat of a necessity at times though.

This is a joke post, right?

The Jets out-gained the Bucs 304-250 in their HOME OPENER. The Bucs. And they won 18-17 with help form a gift penalty on the last drive. Dominated?

Guess we're finishing fourth in the AFC East this year...

The OP was very misinformed indeed. The Jets looked average. Average in the run game (our D is one of the better run defences in the league) and their OL gave up FIVE sacks; they should make even our average pass rush look at least half decent if not spectacular!!!

I'm not that scared. No more nervous than I normally am and I thoroughly expect the Jets to give us a good run for our money. They have run as close often enough, and the couple of blow-outs we have dished out to them have been pleasant surprises.

This team knows how to play us and they have a good defence but we can run on this team even without Vereen.

Not scared about Thursday night. The Jets can play some D but overall they're not a very good team. Patriots are extremely fortunate all these issues are coming during a very soft part of their schedule.

It am a little scared going into Thursdays game all we can do is hope for the pats win. If we can get to Geno Smith early and score first i think we will have a good shot at wining. It's going to come down to our running we need to establish it early. Tompkins is going to need to have a better game to I think he will.

It seems as though Wrecks Ryan's master game plan this offseason was to learn voodoo.

So far it's working.

zero.

it's friggin week 2. this team is work in progress with too many darn injuries. i'll freak out if we are like 4-6.

but again. it's week 2.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back