PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How scared are you of Thursday night's game vs the Jets?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How scared are you about Thursday night?

• Total voters
I know this thread is tongue-in-cheek, but I'm a little nervous. I appreciate the bravado of some of the posters here, but in spite of the total yardage and play counts, the offense looked very out of rhythm in week one. And that was against an opponent missing a couple of it's better players on defense. Now we're coming home without any semblance of a pro-level TE and without Vereen, who can contribute in the run and pass game. The Jets have the CB's to take advantage of a lack of Gronk and Vereen. Though I do think we'll be able to do enough on defense to win a really ugly game, I see this being a tough one. The quicker we can get Gronk back, the better.

Oh and LOL at all those people that wanted him PUP'ed, seemingly for the hell of it. Do you any of you still think so?

No gronk, vereen and amendola. It will be a tough game for the pats. They have to win it with ridley and defense.

Honestly, with Amendola and Vereen out this won't be an easy win. I'd feel much better with Lloyd on the team.

I almost agree with this, but at the end of the day, I don't think it matters if we get a rookie mistake drop or a drop that belongs here:
954637_595304400491139_1693406229_n.jpg

Predicting Slater will come up big, doubling his six year production and cementing his position on the WR depth chart.

if there are 0 turnovers on both sides this will be a ugly 17-14 type win for the pats or jets its all coming down to coaching and the team that makes that one big play its going to be fun to watch cant wait

it has been confirmed......raptor jesus is with us, so I am not scared at all

Raptorjesuscuwn.jpg

This game will be at home against an opponent that is less talented than the Bills. Injuries notwithstanding if the Patriots lose it'll be because the Jets played out of their minds ala 2010 or the Patriots shot themselves in the foot multiple times.

Not the least bit 'scared" but they are going to have to dig deep to win games given the state of their receiving corps. I would send Sudfield to IR and re-sign Daniel Fells immediately, and then they are going to have to rely heavily on their run game and their defense. The defense will need to repeat Sunday's performance and hold the Jets to just a couple of scores and they are going to ha ve to step it way up in coming weeks and become one of the best defenses in football this season for the patriots to be a contender.

I do think they will be a much better team in December but it is pretty clear they are going to have to weather the first 6 weeks and go at least 4-2 to be a serious player.I won't worry about how pretty they look, only the number of W's they can scratch out.

Wicked scared.

I am just glad there will be no weather issues.
Oh noes !

Not the least bit 'scared" but they are going to have to dig deep to win games given the state of their receiving corps. I would send Sudfield to IR and re-sign Daniel Fells immediately, and then they are going to have to rely heavily on their run game and their defense. The defense will need to repeat Sunday's performance and hold the Jets to just a couple of scores and they are going to ha ve to step it way up in coming weeks and become one of the best defenses in football this season for the patriots to be a contender.

I do think they will be a much better team in December but it is pretty clear they are going to have to weather the first 6 weeks and go at least 4-2 to be a serious player.I won't worry about how pretty they look, only the number of W's they can scratch out.
I believe Fells is visiting Seattle.

It really is amazing that even with the "weapons" Brady has right now the Patriots ran more offensive plays than any team in the league, and had one of the two 100 yard RB's in the NFL this weekend. (The Eagles may have run more when all was said and done last night, but either way i was surprised the Patriots were able to pull that off with the skill players they have.)

I'm scared that Geno will only throw 3 INts instead of 4.

I am very excited. I waited a long time for this season to begin, now that it is here, I am happy to watch the Patriots play football and to be a fan.

The Pats better stockpile these first 3 games into the W column,
because there won't be many more thereafter.

The Pats better stockpile these first 3 games into the W column,
because there won't be many more thereafter.
Do you really think they aren't winning many more than three games this year? Or is my sarcasm meter broken?

How scared are you?

Perhaps BB should just rest TFB and the starters the he is arrogant so he won't do that.

:lol: I like this idea the best, and it would be so much more arrogant if he just sat everyone and told the media before the game "Rexy isn't even worth using my starters against".

Scared :confused3: .... isn't that for children?

If we were playing ATl or saints. I wojld call a blowout with no amendola, gronk. Vereen ect. But lucky its the jets

I have a feeling this game is gonna be closer than usual. The injuries are out of control already. Of course those freak TO's were a major set back against Buff. I'm really hoping for a more cohesive offense against the Jesters. I really love reading the broken jest fans over at JI andGG after a good ol' fashioned beat down. I've been telling my buddies, I'll let you know how I feel we'll do this season by the 4th game.

How scared are you?

No scared at all. I think the pats will do better than most think. I just have a feeling were going to do much better than last week for some reason.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back