PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many games for Burfict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter. It's the responsibility of the defender, no matter the context, to avoid hitting the defenseless receiver in the head. That will be called 100% of the time unless the refs are on the take.
Yah I get it. Shazears hit wasn't called though

Not really identical at all. That was a lot more subtle, as Browner hit him much lower, in the "neck and shoulder area" not directly in the head. And IIRC, Browner hit the ball loose, and in this case the ball was clearly out of Brown's hands for almost a full second before he got clearly hit in the head above the neck.

So, other than there being a penalty, there wasn't much in common.

Unless we are thinking of different plays, but I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about as we had a thread about it here, and Andy Johnson and I were (wrongly) arguing Browner shouldn't have been penalized until someone pointed out the rule was pretty lax about what counted as penalizable. We both admitted it in the thread.

Anyone remember who that was against? Maybe a playoff game?

Yeah, but see, it wasn't -directly- in the head. That's what the angle they keep not showing demonstrates. He lowered his shoulder and hit Brown in the shoulder. The impact made Brown's head whip around like it been hit, and it may have been brushed, but it wasn't direct.

Also, according to my timing, your one second is the time he had on the /slow motion/ replays, not the real time replays. It was less than that. Not a lot of time when you're going full speed at someone.

As for Browner, I think there were actually a couple of penalties. One was ....Saunders I think, along the sideline. I think that's the one you're thinking of. Although that might have been McCourty actually.

The other was someone coming across the middle and it was pretty much a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Zero! C'mon this is nothin' like what goodell* & wells* went after Brady for. With PSI 0.00001 air pressure 11 out of 12 footballs 'More Probable Than Not' found TB guilty especially when reported by Mortensen, you know, that reliable reporter with an unblemished record. You have to give it to Mort, he's been 100%.. He's been WRONG Everytime! BSPN-Integrity at its best.

Yeah, but see, it wasn't -directly- in the head. That's what the angle they keep not showing demonstrates. He lowered his shoulder and hit Brown in the shoulder. The impact made Brown's head whip around like it been hit, and it may have been brushed, but it wasn't direct.

Also, according to my timing, your one second is the time he had on the /slow motion/ replays, not the real time replays. It was less than that. Not a lot of time when you're going full speed at someone.

As for Browner, I think there were actually a couple of penalties. One was ....Saunders I think, along the sideline. I think that's the one you're thinking of. Although that might have been McCourty actually.

The other was someone coming across the middle and it was pretty much a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.
His head was absolutely hit, and there's no doubt about it. Watch from 31 seconds in slow motion and you can see how Burficts right shoulder hits Brown right in the head, before he hits Browns shoulder. What made his head whip around is clearly that his head was hit

Not really identical at all. That was a lot more subtle, as Browner hit him much lower, in the "neck and shoulder area" not directly in the head. And IIRC, Browner hit the ball loose, and in this case the ball was clearly out of Brown's hands for almost a full second before he got clearly hit in the head above the neck.

So, other than there being a penalty, there wasn't much in common.

Unless we are thinking of different plays, but I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about as we had a thread about it here, and Andy Johnson and I were (wrongly) arguing Browner shouldn't have been penalized until someone pointed out the rule was pretty lax about what counted as penalizable. We both admitted it in the thread.

Anyone remember who that was against? Maybe a playoff game?

SD I think

His head was absolutely hit, and there's no doubt about it. Watch from 31 seconds in slow motion and you can see how Burficts right shoulder hits Brown right in the head, before he hits Browns shoulder. What made his head whip around is clearly that his head was hit

I don't know how you can say that from the video, since Burfict's body and helmet complete obscure where he made contact.

I still don't see how this is so egregious and deserves at least 4 games yet Shazier's assasination attempt (that absolutely was helmet to helmet head on) doesn't even draw a flag.

Last edited:
Burfict is violent and bad. Those of you gleefully talking about thugs and ghettos are racist as ****.

lol uptight much? There is nothing racist about calling someone a thug for being a thug, or using the term "ghetto"

Social justice warriors are so unbelievable these days

Burfict is violent and bad. Those of you gleefully talking about thugs and ghettos are racist as ****.

thug
THəɡ/
noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
a violent person, especially a criminal.

lolol.. WE'RE SUCH RACISTS!

thug
THəɡ/
noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
a violent person, especially a criminal.

lolol.. WE'RE SUCH RACISTS!
While the term "thug" can have a racial connotation, let's not kid ourselves about thugs around Boston - there are more cracker thugs in this city than there are in a box of saltines.

While the term "thug" can have a racial connotation, let's not kid ourselves about thugs around Boston - there are more cracker thugs in this city than there are in a box of saltines.

Yea, thats why its annoying when social justice warriors are in such a rush to be offended by something or claim it racist.. the term "thug" has nothing to do with race, it has to do with being a violent piece of garbage.. and that can be anyone.. white, black, hispanic, asian, indian, etc etc etc

Yea, thats why its annoying when social justice warriors are in such a rush to be offended by something or claim it racist.. the term "thug" has nothing to do with race, it has to do with being a violent piece of garbage.. and that can be anyone.. white, black, hispanic, asian, indian, etc etc etc

If the term was applied equally across all ethnic groups, then your point would have merit. But in my experience it is most often used by white people about black people. So whenever I see it applied as it is being applied here on this board, that's the filter through which I see it.

And for what's it worth, the invention and use of the term "social justice warriors" is a bullying tactic, as is most labeling.

Burfict doesn't do stuff like that because he's been asked to, he does it because he's a piece of crap. You know as well as I do that his contract say nothing about violence and intimidation. In any case, there's a not too fine line between intimidating with tough play and intentionally trying to injure someone.

I think you are being incredibly naive about the contract. Do NHL enforcers have a contract that explicitly labels their role? There are many organizations with roles where people are expected to do things that create fear and hesitation; its not uncommon in police forces, corporate management, and many blue collar jobs such as mining, factory work, etc.

If the NFL didn't want intimidating violence as an integral part of the game, they'd stop hiring these guys.

Burfict's play is gone over in detail with his position coaches every week, and they keep putting him on the field.

I don't see him getting any games. Probably just a big fine. For Christ's sake, he wasn't generally aware that some footballs deflated 0.5 PSI.

Seriously though, this isn't the NHL, you don't get suspended for dirty hits, they happen all the time in the NFL.

The penalty on Pacman was horse ****. Porter had no business being on the field. Hell, according to the rules, he shouldn't have been. And yet there he was running his mouth. That should have at least been a no call.

I don't see him getting any games. Probably just a big fine. For Christ's sake, he wasn't generally aware that some footballs deflated 0.5 PSI.

Seriously though, this isn't the NHL, you don't get suspended for dirty hits, they happen all the time in the NFL.

Beckham Jr just got suspended 2 weeks ago for a dirty hit. Merriwether has been suspended in the past for dirty hits

It's at 21 seconds in that it is very clear. This is not ambiguous at all.

This was a crazy ass hit....just leveled him.

Man...what a great season we had last year. :)

Thread on the topic was here:
Browner's penalty negating McCourty TD

I had actually forgotten it led to a pick-six.

I will never say this for any other player and sorry if you don't agree...but i really hope someones takes a nice cheap shot on him and does some damage

Someone posted a reply from several angles. It was clearly a shoulder to the helmet from every angle. I have no clue what you are watching. He lined it up, too. It wasn't a case of being out of control and just having an unfortunate collision. You can see Burfict intentionally led his shoulder right through Brown's helmet. No attempt to wrap him up whatsoever. 100% headhunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back