PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many catches will Chad Jackson have in 2007?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many catches will Chad Jackson have in 2007?

• 0-9

Votes: 29 25.2%
  • 10-19

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • 20-29

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • 30-29

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • 40-49

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • 50+

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he misses all of training camp, I wouldn't hold out hope for much.

His ACL tear is a real drag. I was optimistic that a year of conditioning and learning the system was going to translate into good production, but now... :(

Last edited:
His ACL tear is a real drag. I was optimistic that a year of conditioning and learning the system was going to translate into good production, but now... :(

Did we ever get confimation on this???

I noticed this yesterday on KFFL. Apparently it is from a piece Tomase did on TSN March 4th. Of course Tomase is attending Sox ST these days...but I linked the TSN page with the piece at the bottom.

Patriots | Jackson on the mend
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 06:28:27 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reporting for the Sporting News, reports in the best-case scenario, New England Patriots WR Chad Jackson (knee) could be back sometime just before opening day 2007, but could be well behind in his preparation.

I do think that if he misses most if not all of TC 2007 could be a similar season to 2006. Just missing the off season and mini camps will set him back in the pecking order as Brady builds on the rapore with his returning receivers and gets on track with Welker. It's not just learning the playbook in theory, it's mastering it's execution through reps. I remember comments last season when Brady occasionally acknowledged he needed to start looking for Johnson more, only to then have him disappear again. Once the season starts it's tough to get those extra reps that build rapore when the team is moving on from one game plan to the next each week.

It will be enlightening to see whether he is physically ready before camp breaks, and if not if they PUP him and look to add him in after week 7 or if he's still being asked to make his bones on ST and by blocking and they push him to do something to earn a roster spot right out of camp.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/patriots/index.html

What a bummer, Tomase had said on nest that he might be ready for TC, now it looks like that is not the case.

Let's see...

They get paid once a month right?

Then the answer is 12....12 catches...no drops:rolleyes:

I think the question most Pats fan will ask if he doesn't produce is....
Who could we have drafted instead of him?

Let's see...

They get paid once a month right?

Then the answer is 12....12 catches...no drops:rolleyes:

You must truly be a pathetic human being. You essentially troll this board looking for Chad Jackson threads and then post some crap seemingly to boost your terribly low self-esteem.

Seriously, for your own sake, get a life & go back to the Planet. If you're just going to roam Patsfans to make stupid comments about CJ, then it's not worth it.

If he misses TC again and the entire offseason program then I don't see him contributing much this year so 0-9 sounds right.

Although if he can make it back for the begining of TC and not have any setbacks (Hamstring, groin, etc.) then I think he will have a more productive year say 25-35 catches. Also it's going to depend on wether or not he is actually used as a receiver on the field instead of a run blocker.

I think the question most Pats fan will ask if he doesn't produce is....
Who could we have drafted instead of him?

That is not really a fair question, easy to second guess. We could do that for every draft pick.

The thing that really hurts is we gave up 2 picks to move up and take him.

You must truly be a pathetic human being. You essentially troll this board looking for Chad Jackson threads and then post some crap seemingly to boost your terribly low self-esteem.

Seriously, for your own sake, get a life & go back to the Planet. If you're just going to roam Patsfans to make stupid comments about CJ, then it's not worth it.

I will post wherever and say whatever I wish.

I never saw the election making you Pope of this dump BradyManning.
Time will tell on this issue...one thing is clear...
You know **** about this kid...bet you think Marquise Hill is a sleeping giant too:rolleyes:

I will post wherever and say whatever I wish.

I never saw the election making you Pope of this dump BradyManning.
Time will tell on this issue...one thing is clear...
You know **** about this kid...bet you think Marquise Hill is a sleeping giant too:rolleyes:

It's BradyManny. Not Manning.

And you're right, Marquise Hill sucks because he's not better than Richard Seymour, Ty Warren or Vince Wilfork. His inability to develop has really destroyed our defensive line, eh?

Seriously, though, why do you feel the need to take shots at a 21 y/o all the time? Do you not feel your opinion is well represented enough by CJ haters here? Even if for some reason you have some irrational and unhealthy obsession with hating him, why bother posting about it?

I predict he'll make 12 catches and then ask Daniel Graham how he can get a $30 million deal :violent:

before someone without a sense of humor suggests that i am comparing Jackson to Graham...I'm NOT...

Last edited:
It's BradyManny. Not Manning.

And you're right, Marquise Hill sucks because he's not better than Richard Seymour, Ty Warren or Vince Wilfork. His inability to develop has really destroyed our defensive line, eh?

Seriously, though, why do you feel the need to take shots at a 21 y/o all the time? Do you not feel your opinion is well represented enough by CJ haters here? Even if for some reason you have some irrational and unhealthy obsession with hating him, why bother posting about it?

My bad on the name BD.

I hate to see two second round picks go tits up. I don't believe for a minute the reason Hill sees no playing time is due to people ahead of him. They needed him bigtime in tennessee and Indy games and he showed Bupkus. Plenty of talent and no heart...yup... that's the limo boys...Marquise and Action Jackson.:D

I think if he is at training camp then he will have a solid year. I have a friend who had some bad hamstring problems, and then blew out their knee. All the rest for the leg along with the rehab actually got rid of the hamstring problems. So if Chad gets back to TC, I think the rest will really help the rest of his nagging injuries. I would say 40 catches with a high average and about 5 TDs. Chris Henry-type stats (without the arrests)

Last edited:
I would just like to crow that in the preseason last summer, I put the over/under for his 2006 catches at 17, during a time when some were talking about a lot more.

For 2007 I'll set it at..... 17.

The four who voted for 50+ must be Jackson's parents and siblings.

Hard to guess when no one can say with any certainty if he will even be healthy enough to play at this point.

And before someone points out that reports says he will be ready, on schedule to be back to full strength by TC, etc. remember that they ALWAYS say that about guys coming back from ACLs this time of year and in many cases it isn't true.

The pursuit of Stallworth makes it pretty clear to me that the team isn't counting on a role in the offense from Jackson in the 2007 season as of right now.

Who says he's having trouble learning the playbook? He was injured most of last season.

He was put on the inactive list for several games....and when he was available he played sparingly. That should tell you something. Did he come to camp in shape or were his injuries just bad luck?...Did he learn the offense like the back of his hand? When he did get on the field did he run the right routes? Yes, he has a ton of potential...can you say Bethel Johnson? Hopefully he will get with the program and show what he has. Till he shows it he is just a bag of potential...

Jackson's career path is eerily similar at this point to one PK Sam.

I'm guessing BB sends him tot he IR for this coming season.

Chad Jackson has a torn MCL and is out for next season most likely. WTF are you guys talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft