PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How family-friendly are the Pats? [merged: Welker Snow Angel / Fined 10K]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How family-friendly are the Pats? [merged: Welker Snow Angel]

sort of off-topic, but related to celebrations... i remember a terrible excessive celebration against the pats last year, when moss (or gaffney) was dancing in the end zone and watson kinda wiggled as part of the dance. the best part was watching the ref demonstrate the dance to coach bill.

i remember seeing at least a few times this year where multiple players were in unison in some celebratory dance and no flag was thrown, so i'm wondering where the hell is the consistency?

yeah yesterday's flag was lame.

If he gets fined, then it will be a joke. But everyone pretty much knew the flag was coming. The celebraton rule is kind of lousy though. I think there was a college football team a while back actually lost a game due to such a penalty. Now that is really LAME.

Yah that was my beloved UW Huskies. The one game we could have won this year and you just had to bring that up! jk :) I am all for celebrating. Let the players have fun.

i remember seeing at least a few times this year where multiple players were in unison in some celebratory dance and no flag was thrown, so i'm wondering where the hell is the consistency?

The Dolphins did this in a game earlier this year. I was watching the Pats/9ers game at the bar and that game was on another TV. I saw a group of Dolphins all dancing a choreographed dance in the end zone after a TD and I said, here comes the flag. And nothing. You're telling me a spur of the moment snow angel is worse than a choreographed group dance? Whatever, Goodell.

Last edited:

Paxton's "little snow angel" is an instant classic.

Re: Welker fined 10,000 for the Snow Angel

So dumb it almost makes me angry. What harm does a little TD celebration do? I didn't even mind the group celebrations teams used to do. Football is supposed to be fun.

This is just plain dumb. No Fun League :mad:

So Welker gets the same fine for making a snow angel that Shaun Ellis does for chucking a snow/ice boulder at a bunch of Seattle fans? Man, I thought the Ellis fine was an overreaction in of itself, but this is far more ridiculous.

Last edited:

Wasn't Shaun Ellis fined the same amount for throwing a boulder of snow at a fan?

I suppose a snow angel was equally offensive.

::rolls eyes::

So Welker gets the same fine for making a snow angel that Shaun Ellis does for chucking a snow/ice boulder at a bunch of Seattle fans? Man, I thought the Ellis fine was an overreaction in of itself, but this is far more ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but I don't. An NFL player throwing a snow boulder bigger than your head? That's absolutely not something that should be encouraged--frankly, if it were up to me, I'd have suspended Shaun Ellis for a game. Seriously.

As for good publicity, this'll be the best $10K Welker ever donated to charity. :)

i like one of the poster's ideas:

pay the 10k in pennies

If he wanted to, he could sue on this one.

The rule is you can't go to the ground unless you make a prayer.

Seems to me he was beseeching the angels.

Are we sure a guy like Housmanzadeh, a Muslim, could actually get down on his knees and genuflect several times by throwing his arms forward?

Could a pagan do writhe on the ground like a snake?

Could a Wiccan do some sort of dance ritual?

Could a Pentecostal go into a convulsive fit while speaking in tongues?

Could a Pastafarian feign Michelangelo touching God's finger?

The NFL once again makes up a ridiculous rule that is MEANT to be broken.

Are we sure a guy like Housmanzadeh, a Muslim, could actually get down on his knees and genuflect several times by throwing his arms forward?

You just took it a little too far but yes, I do agree with your final assessment.

You just took it a little too far but yes, I do agree with your final assessment.

Are you referring to my Pastafarian comment?

You should look it up. It's real. There are thousands of houses all over the country that did their Xmas decorations in Pastafarian style.

Wasn't Shaun Ellis fined the same amount for throwing a boulder of snow at a fan?

I suppose a snow angel was equally offensive.

::rolls eyes::

What pisses me off is that a couple of weeks ago... I think it was two members of the Titans were fined 5k... one for a chop block, and one for spearing with his helmet. These are things that can hurt, injure and ruin a career... these are dangerous actions. Excessive celebration hurts nobody, and the snow angel wasn't even a taunt. For celebration to be TWICE the fine of a rules infraction that could lead to injury is beyond absurd. Should Welker be fined? Yes. Should it be MORE than something that could take someone out of the game? No way in hell.

Could a Buddist wave around a few incense sticks.

Could a Penitent bang his head against the ground several times?

--just food for thought

Are you referring to my Pastafarian comment?

You should look it up. It's real. There are thousands of houses all over the country that did their Xmas decorations in Pastafarian style.

Are ou referring to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? (Speaking of food for thought).

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Last edited:

sort of off-topic, but related to celebrations... i remember a terrible excessive celebration against the pats last year, when moss (or gaffney) was dancing in the end zone and watson kinda wiggled as part of the dance. the best part was watching the ref demonstrate the dance to coach bill.

yeah yesterday's flag was lame.

I thought that was maroney that did that, but either way, it was stupid. Didnt it cost a td on a kick return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News