PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you think Welker feels ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker was great for the pats. With that said, I am a firm believer in winners and losers. I do think their are some people, for some reason, who can not win. Call them cursed. Welker is one. Moss is another. Love them and appreciate all they did for the Pats but I knew that with them, they just would not win.

Welker this morning

keep-calm-coz-i-am-unlucky-.png

Feel bad for him and Mankins. Almost would want to offer Mankins a ring but probably would hurt him more. Wes will be a Pats hall of famer one day. Dude ditched us for Peyton but still one of the toughest mother****ers ever. Sucks Wes will never win a SB.

Brady in SBs with welker 0-2 without welker 4-0
Just saying

Welker thinking of calling it a career ...
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-wes-welker-possible-retirement-021015

The 33-year-old wide receiver, who is slated to become a free agent next month, is considering retirement after several years of head injuries and declining production, sources have told FOX Sports.

One of the sources said no final decision has been made, though Welker has told concerned friends, family members and associates he's at least giving serious thought to walking away.

Last edited:
I hope Wes retires. Cerebral health.

My brother was selling his wireless company last year. Turns out that Tim Fox, former Pats FS to you kids out there, was working for one of those fiduciary safeguard firms my brother put his company info into. They chatted. My brother was a great hoopster (though I can attest a dirty player) and had played against Tim & the Pats a few times. My brother works with veterans groups and has done some stuff with Mass General I think where they deal with brain damage to vets. He talked with Fox and asked him did he have any issues related to football. Tim had some minor but not insignificant memory things going on and my brother referred him to that center. Anyhow they're meeting tonight at some bar in FL for drinks. That is if my stupid younger brother can remember what bar it is.

Chris Mortensen reports that Welker is after Ryan Allen's job.
image.jpg

Welker has had some bad luck.

That said, he was a football star and won some big games (not just the biggest) and made a while lot of plays and made a ton of money and so on, so my sympathy is limited.

I'm not a fan of welker since the move and comments, but I do feel a bit for him. Put in great year after great year for us but it just didn't happen. I re watched sb42 this week for the first time and welker was uncover able in that game. Had our ol showed up that day he'd have been sbmvp helping us to 19-0 and shattered every sb receiving record. Unfortunately, his big game play will always be defined by the drop in sb46.

And mankins, geez imagine being him right now. I mean im sure he's living well and all but his very first year is the year we stopped winning sb's, then the very year he's traded we finally win another. All those pro bowl caliber seasons he had with us too.

Heartbreaking drop or not WW earned 40 million dollars over his career and he earned every single penny of it for the hits he has fearlessly taken for us. It would have been great if he could have finished his career here but I think him and BB had a little friction between them. More over, I think his agent did not advise him well when the Pats offered the 3 year deal the year before he bolted.

Oh well, it worked out for us in the end.

Well if he retires as reported he might I wonder if it will be Clayborn ... Parcells ... and Welker as candidates for the Patriots HOF.

I do feel bad for mankins and I want the pats to give him a ring.................

o_O What? He didn't play one snap of any Pat's game this year.

I love Welker but I think Edelman became a number one receiver due to welker's exit and amendola's injury. Not sure if the pats would have won this year without Edelman. He played strong and mean. I'm sure most people on here have seen the sound fx from the super bowl and Edelman was going off on Sherman. He was so fired up. Not sure if I ever saw that from Welker. I could be wrong though.

He probably feels severely concussed and that he doesn't want to play in Kansas City or Oakland for peanuts next year

He doesn't feel a good goddyamed thing about me, Joe the Patriot fan. **** him and his greedy little rat claws. He shyt on you, me and every loyal long time Patriot fan with that dog and pony show he played out over a few friggin' bucks. He's a punk as far as I concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST