PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you rate Andrew Luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn good. Sky is the limit. Improved over last year.

If you look at his numbers, he was better w/ Wayne than without but not by too much. He needs more threats.

I still REALLY like Tannehill i n Miami - he and Luck will have some good battles down the road.

I still REALLY like Tannehill i n Miami - he and Luck will have some good battles down the road.

Agreed. Shows promise but laid two awful eggs at the end of the season. Not good.

He has the brightest future IMO, but I don't believe he has separated himself from other young guns just yet

luck (safest bet)
cam (i never believed in him, but man he changed so much this year)
wilson (this dude ain't going nowhere. team is just too good)
foles (new kid in town - with Kelly he will continue to soar)
kaepernick (when he runs, he make you pay)
RGIII (when healthy)

they all good and will represent NFL for years to come. Kaep was inconsistent, but i see that they were saving his legs for the playoffs. what a smart decision.

and i'm not gonna completely shut the doors on RGIII yet. he was phenomenal last year when healthy even with a bad oline and not much weapons.

future is bright for NFL. old lions like brady/peyton/brees will slowly fade away someday. :mad:

Why? Ive seen little that impresses me out of him. Very average.

Andrew Luck is so overrated

Why? Ive seen little that impresses me out of him. Very average.

He has improved over his rookie year. If he can no better than last year, I will change my opinion. I think he will learn from it and anyone who is mobile, can improvise while running, and still can function in the pocket has a good chance in this NFL. If Miami can get this guy a line - he will be much better. He has a lot to prove after this December, but I would not mind having him as Brady's replacement. His upside is showing - he is not as polished as Luck, but look how far this guy has come since converting from WR. We will see how mentally tough he is, or isn't, in 2014. I could be wrong, but for some reason I believe this kid will bounce back and continue to improve. We'll see.

Personally i feel like he's the next one. I don't think we've seen a QB with his power and finesse. He's built like Big Ben/Cam, has great speed and is a patient pocket passer. Watching him over the past 2 years, i've seen a QB who's going through his progressions like an elite QB. Without his security blanket in Reggie Wayne and a consistent running game, he's still putting up great numbers. I personally rank him #5 of top QBs behind (Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees).

Just a note, I hate Jim Irsay and the Colts so i don't want to root for him.

I think he is the best QB prospect to enter the NFL since John Elway. He has all the tools to be one of the all time greats and seems to be willing to do the work to get there. I expect next season to be the year that Luck puts it all together and makes the leap into the Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Manning class.

If he can cut down on the turnovers, and I think he will, he'll be the best QB in the league within 3-5 years.

He has improved over his rookie year. If he can no better than last year, I will change my opinion. I think he will learn from it and anyone who is mobile, can improvise while running, and still can function in the pocket has a good chance in this NFL. If Miami can get this guy a line - he will be much better. He has a lot to prove after this December, but I would not mind having him as Brady's replacement. His upside is showing - he is not as polished as Luck, but look how far this guy has come since converting from WR. We will see how mentally tough he is, or isn't, in 2014. I could be wrong, but for some reason I believe this kid will bounce back and continue to improve. We'll see.
I dont think he did improve that much.
His comp % went from 58 to 60 but his yards per completion went from 11.7 to 11. Not a great tradeoff to throw shorter passes to go from poor completion % to not so good. He threw more Ints this year, a whopping 17. He was sacked 58 times which has as much to do with the QB as the OL, and if you watch him you will see that.
In his most recent 2 games, with a playoff berth on the line, he was a combined:

30-67 (45%) for 286 (only 9.5 per completion and 4.27 per attempt) with 1 TD and 3 Ints and his team scored a total of 7 points against the 19th and 20th scoring defenses in the league. Those teams allowed an average of 25.6 points per game otherwise, so he scored 7 where 51 would have been average.
Where is the improvement?

Also, he was not converted from WR. He was a QB who filled in at WR when he was the back up.

Not to say he has no chance to develop but to date he has been a huge disappointment for a first round pick and has not shown anything consistently to make you think he will become a good NFL QB.

I dont think he did improve that much.
His comp % went from 58 to 60 but his yards per completion went from 11.7 to 11. Not a great tradeoff to throw shorter passes to go from poor completion % to not so good. He threw more Ints this year, a whopping 17. He was sacked 58 times which has as much to do with the QB as the OL, and if you watch him you will see that.
In his most recent 2 games, with a playoff berth on the line, he was a combined:

30-67 (45%) for 286 (only 9.5 per completion and 4.27 per attempt) with 1 TD and 3 Ints and his team scored a total of 7 points against the 19th and 20th scoring defenses in the league. Those teams allowed an average of 25.6 points per game otherwise, so he scored 7 where 51 would have been average.
Where is the improvement?

Also, he was not converted from WR. He was a QB who filled in at WR when he was the back up.

Not to say he has no chance to develop but to date he has been a huge disappointment for a first round pick and has not shown anything consistently to make you think he will become a good NFL QB.

All good points. The guy had his OL blow up mid-season. Can Miami rebuild it and hire a better one? IDK. If they can and do - I think Tannehill will be more than effective. I know he has the burden of living up to his draft status, but that is one area totally out of his control. That is on Miami - either way it turns out. As a guy who was known to be developmental, I think he is has done very well, but he still has a lot to prove - his collapse when it mattered most is concerning - very Romoesque. I put my neck out on Tannehill, but I feel good about it. I have made bad judgements in the past and will again - I may have here, but I think the jury is still out.

All good points. The guy had his OL blow up mid-season. Can Miami rebuild it and hire a better one? IDK. If they can and do - I think Tannehill will be more than effective. I know he has the burden of living up to his draft status, but that is one area totally out of his control. That is on Miami - either way it turns out. As a guy who was known to be developmental, I think he is has done very well, but he still has a lot to prove - his collapse when it mattered most is concerning - very Romoesque. I put my neck out on Tannehill, but I feel good about it. I have made bad judgements in the past and will again - I may have here, but I think the jury is still out.
There really is no burden to live up to a draft slot, but there is a burden to live up to being an NFL starting QB.
I'll put it this way. The chances of him becoming a good NFL QB look worse today than they did the day he was drafted.

Luck has a ton of potential and upside but I would currently rate him as inconsistent. Kinda like how he played this last game; bad early on but better as the game wore on.

tanehill = andy dalton

There really is no burden to live up to a draft slot, but there is a burden to live up to being an NFL starting QB.
I'll put it this way. The chances of him becoming a good NFL QB look worse today than they did the day he was drafted.

I cannot disagree with that. We'll see how he responds. Tall order and the odds are against him. For me, it will be one of the sub-plots I will keep an eye on next year. Obviously, I am rooting for him.

tanehill = andy dalton

No way - I would take Tannehill over Dalton - if Tannehill can EVER get to the playoffs, I think he will fare better. I am operating on theoretical and hopeful, but if I had a team and my choice for QB was between the two - I am picking Tannehill. Dalton has showed his incompetence on the biggest stage he has faced and it became FAR WORSE when he lost yesterday at home.

tanehill = andy dalton

I wouldn't say that I think Tannehill has played well for a QB who has been in the league for just 2 season and had massive personnel changes to his skill position and a horrific offensive line protecting him. I'm not saying he has been a stud but he has shown promise.

Imagine Andy Dalton if he didn't have AJ Green making the individual plays he makes...

OK, I would rather face Luck than the rest. How does that mean that we shouldn't be concerned? Luck is a very capable quarterback.

He is good, but doesnt concern me.

I saw the KC secondary make so many mistakes that Indy WRs were running wide open. To say that Luck doesnt have a run game wouldnt be accurate when Indy is ranked 11th. Thats decent enough. FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2013 OFFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

Of the QBs left in the post season, Brees, Rivers, Kap, Wilson, Manning are more dangerous. Newton has a chance to step up to the next level too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes