PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do we keep the jets from getting Cassel next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL yes your scenario makes sense if Cassel is a douche. But I don't think he is. He'll be happy to be the starting QB for his own team. I just don't see him doing something like that. That's like the worst case scenario. But thanks for raining on the parade.

I do not think that Cassel would be a douche for wanting to succeed in the NFL. Please note that Cassel does not have to say this publicly. He can just tell the Pats privately that if they franchise him that he will not agree to a trade until after the draft. I do not see anything wrong with a player wanting to control where he plays and taking steps to help out his new team succeed. But I have for the most part taken the player's side.

Therefore, I would employ the following tactics.
If the Patriots tag me, I would hold a press conference stating that I have appreciated my time with the Patriots and that I have benefited greatly by being on the Patriots. But it is time for me to move on. I will like to be a winner. I can better my chances of winning is by not helping the best team of the past several years get more draft choices as Scott Pioli and Bill Belichick are among the league's best, if not the best, in drafting. Therefore, I will not agree to a trade until after the 2009 draft and if the Pats have not rescinded their tag I will sign the franchise tender the day after of the draft ...
If he does this, he should set a deadline to sign the tender at least a week before the draft.

Teams most in need of a QB will have drafted one, and the list of his available suitors will have shrunk.

If this comes to pass, we may never know about it. There is no reason for him to go public with his demand. It can all be handled behind the scenes.

But I think the Pats will not franchise him.

Jets will keep Bret.

Agreed. He will mull retirement then the Jests will give him $20 mil for one year to come back to play for the love of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results