PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How dare pundits say the Chargers lost, when the Pats won

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, sir, I do not. Receivers are not allowed to knock DBs on their ass 20 yards downfield when players are running patterns and no pass completion or run has been made. It's an offensive penalty. Again, the men in the booth agreed with me, not you.

That is totally correct.

What D pressure caused Marty to go on it on 4-11?

What D pressure caused Eric Parker to fumble?

What D pressure caused Marty to throw the challenge flag?

What D pressure caused the headbutt?

What D pressure caused the Troy fumble?

The D should be credited with several takeaways, but obviously not all SD's blunders as Pats D were not even on the field for some of these. But I believe some people here made references only to those takeaways from strip sack, INT, and sack on 4th down...

Some others that you mentioned. Here is a way to look at them:

Eric Parker's fumble: lack of concentration (fear or being hit by ST?)

D Florence head butt: the D was not on the field, let's call it a case being tricked into loss of composure by the Pats O.

Marty' challenge flag: sense of desperation? (strategy)

McCree's INT and fumble: lack of situational awareness by McCree + the skills and situational awareness by Troy and Reche.

Should intelligence, composure, focus, and situational awareness be counted as part of football skills? If so, it looks like SD players were bit short in these depts, isn't it?

We can see this way: SD have more physically skilled players, but less mentally sharp. These bad things were not mistakes. They happened because they lacked these mental skills. Just like Pats LBs not being able to stop LTs for their lack of physical skills. If you can't win with your muscles, may as well try to win with your brain.

Great job in redefining Defensive Pressure in a way that you did not use it at all. You not worth addressing. You make crap up as you go along and totally change what you mean to mean the opposite. You are not even close to reality. Next you are going to claim that air caused all the chargers mistakes because they live in a different climate, but not really because that would be atomic pressure.

NEWS FLASH: BB HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH A HEADBUTT, MISSED FEILD GOAL, A STUPID CHALLENGE, OR ANY OTHER BAD PLAYS BY THE CHARGERS.

Do you really understand what you sound like? You are starting to make Homer look smart.

1. The headbutt is a result of either:

a.) Complete stupidity
b.) Legitimate anger
c.) Cracking under pressure.

We know it wasn't B. Therefore, either that player decided to be a complete moron, or the stress of a close, physical battle got to him. You feel free to decide which, but to claim that there's no correlation between the pressure being applied by the circumstances and the Patriots is speculation on your part, nothing more.

2. A missed 54 yard field goal, against the wind, at the end of the game, is not a mistake. It was, however, a field goal forced from 54 yards rather than 53, 52 or 15 because of the defense played by New England. To claim that Belichick/New England had nothing to do with that kick being made from 54 yards because of the defense NE played forcing SD into the middle of the field in order to chew up the clock is simply ridiculous.

Insulting Patters and getting your arguments wrong is making you look foolish.

Forget it, Predator, I regret giving you another chance. You're rude. Using your logic, I bet you think that the Rams should have won SBXXXVI. If only they had run Marshall Faulk more. I don't think you understand BB's approach to the game. It's more cerebral than that of many coaches. Try reading Patriots Reign for starters. And anyone who uses cartoon characters as a means of insulting someone's intelligence comes across as a fool, IMHO. I won't be responding to you again.

I think it takes a total fat head to claim they do understand BB's approach to the game. Only a pompous jerk would try to spew that crap.

You can claim all you want that you do comprehend it, but you have no clue what football comes down to--the execution of Xs & Os. We beat the Rams because BB was able to scheme a gameplan that shut down the Rams offense, and out team executed that gameplan.

I do not care whether you respond or not. You have demonstrated how foolish your opinion and lack of reality by being a Homer. I hope you are able to find a clue somewhere.

Go ahead and change your story again, it will be nothing new.

a.) Complete stupidity
b.) Legitimate anger

We know it wasn't B. Therefore, either that player decided to be a complete moron, or the stress of a close, physical battle got to him. You feel free to decide which, but to claim that there's no correlation between the pressure being applied by the circumstances and the Patriots is speculation on your part, nothing more.

2. A missed 54 yard field goal, against the wind, at the end of the game, is not a mistake. It was, however, a field goal forced from 54 yards rather than 53, 52 or 15 because of the defense played by New England. To claim that Belichick/New England had nothing to do with that kick being made from 54 yards because of the defense NE played forcing SD into the middle of the field in order to chew up the clock is simply ridiculous.

The headbutt was complete stupidy.

The missed feild goal may have been avoided if the Chargers had one time out left to gain better field postion, but Marty waisted it.

It may have been a tie game at the end of regulation if Marty didn't for it on 4-11.

I have made no wrong arguments.

I have not started a single insult with Patters, but I have returned every one. Go look it up.

i feel we are playing the respect card just like our team ...:)
lets give and take respect guys and move on...it takes 2 teams to make a great game .if one was superior in every aspect we shouldve won 24-0...

To claim that Belichick/New England had nothing to do with that kick being made from 54 yards because of the defense NE played forcing SD into the middle of the field in order to chew up the clock is simply ridiculous.

Would you please show me one place where i claimed this? Why are you making this up?

Why does Patters have to lie and change his story?

Last edited:

BB actually asked this question to his hosts onWEEI if they wouldve run an additional play to get closer...chalk that up to marty as well

Deus Irae said:

Thanks. This site sometimes apparently attracts children or dysfunctional adults, and it's always a mistake to try to reason with them.

I find it disappointing that a handful of Pats fans actually think the Pats won because of luck. I think it's pretty clear we were the superior team. We made an incredible number of clutch plays. But, I certainly have great respect for the Chargers. We certainly were not "so" superior to them that we dominated them, but we were superior, we were the better team.

To claim that Belichick/New England had nothing to do with that kick being made from 54 yards because of the defense NE played forcing SD into the middle of the field in order to chew up the clock is simply ridiculous.

Would you please show me one place where i claimed this? Why are you making this up?

Why does Patters have to lie and change his story?

NEWS FLASH: BB HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH A HEADBUTT, MISSED FEILD GOAL, A STUPID CHALLENGE, OR ANY OTHER BAD PLAYS BY THE CHARGERS.

BB had nothing to do with the missed field goal was your claim. Completely wrong.

Thanks. This site sometimes apparently attracts children or dysfunctional adults, and it's always a mistake to try to reason with them.
Well obviously, and I cannot believe they let them be a mod.

I find it disappointing that a handful of Pats fans actually think the Pats won because of luck. I think it's pretty clear we were the superior team. We made an incredible number of clutch plays. But, I certainly have great respect for the Chargers. We certainly were not "so" superior to them that we dominated them, but we were superior, we were the better team.

No one said we won because of luck. You just lied again. Did we have some luck happen? You better believe it. We used our talent against mistakes made and won a football game.

I hope you will learn how to tell the truth, stop lying, and come back to reality. Any insult that you would like to claim I made was simply in response to your inslts and your arrogant attitude of being better than anyone else because you have been a fan a lot longer.

I am not arguing with your points, but you are very shortsighted in one area. You assume that the score would be the same if the Chargers had not made the mistakes. You assume that the mistakes made only have a short-term effect and not a gamelong effect.

Here are some thoughts:
1. Marty goes for 4th & 11 instead of the FG. He has a probowl kicker who has done well all season. Would he have made the kick? We can't say for sure, but the guy who missed the last FG of the game is the same guy who kicked a 60 yarder this season.

2. The headbutt gave us the first down we needed that led a FG. No headbutt, most likely no FG. Pats down by more points.

3. The stupid challenge. Marty waisted a TO. With 8 seconds left in the game, that to gould have bought some yardage to get the kicker closer.

4. The Troy strip. Say what you want, but on 4th & game the defender cannot give up that ball. An incomplete pass would have won the game for SD. IMO, that is a coaching error of not expressing to your players the right defensive action.

5. If Parker didnt fumble the kick return, we would have not gotten the ball.

6. If Rivers didnt throw the pick to Colvin, more time would have been off the clock.

There were more, but that is off the top of my head. Each error had a game impact, not just a little thing that happened and didn't go further as you imply. When they did or didn't happen is irrelevant because they effected the game as a whole.

I agree 100% that the Pats stepped up and executed what they needed to. They did a great job, but I also realize that SD made gamebreaking mistakes so we could make those plays.

Pats had 3 turnovers also -- the last one was something of a wash.

Pats had horrible field position for most of the game.

I believe from the position of the headbutt, Pats might have still had a long FG opportunity.

Pats also had holding and o0ffensive pass interference calls.

This is not one a Romo-fumbling-the-snap play, or a bad call at the end of the game, or something inexplicable at the end of the game. There was lots of time to recover from the 4th and 11, or the headbutt.

All teams make mistakes. But I'm not about to say that Denver did not win and that we gave to away last year, and this year, SD did not give it away, the Pats took it.

My problem with your approach is looking too much as the result of what happened and then going back to find a distant source. There are numerous opportunities to correct a first half mistake and many directions the game can go after a mistake. As I have pointed out, if SD makes the stop after the fumble and then runs the ball out, they win the game. They had the ability to win.

BB had nothing to do with the missed field goal was your claim. Completely wrong.
Would you please observe what you actually wrote that I objected to?

Deus Irae;305708forcing SD into the middle of the field in order to chew up the clock is simply ridiculous[QUOTE said:
What I stated was obvious. BB didn't force Kaeding to miss that FG. He didn't scheme a play to block it. He didn't waste a TO so the FG attempt was closer. BB didn't run onto the field and block it. THE DUDE SIMPLY MISSED THE FG. BB didn't do it. Now you want to twist the context of the conversation. Give it up.

a.) Complete stupidity
b.) Legitimate anger

It was all of the above. Graham actually layed him out at the end of the play about right when the whistle was blowing the play dead. So yeah he was pissed but he should have kept his head.

Pats had 3 turnovers also -- the last one was something of a wash.

Pats had horrible field position for most of the game.

I believe from the position of the headbutt, Pats might have still had a long FG opportunity.

Pats also had holding and o0ffensive pass interference calls.

This is not one a Romo-fumbling-the-snap play, or a bad call at the end of the game, or something inexplicable at the end of the game. There was lots of time to recover from the 4th and 11, or the headbutt.

All teams make mistakes. But I'm not about to say that Denver did not win and that we gave to away last year, and this year, SD did not give it away, the Pats took it.

My problem with your approach is looking too much as the result of what happened and then going back to find a distant source. There are numerous opportunities to correct a first half mistake and many directions the game can go after a mistake. As I have pointed out, if SD makes the stop after the fumble and then runs the ball out, they win the game. They had the ability to win.

Please don't misunderstand my whole point. I agree with what you are saying. I am not going to any distant source to make a point. It is not The Chargers lost vs the Pats won. I never made that claim. My point is that we cannot be so foolish to think the Pats are the superior team based upon the arguments made: We did a good job stopping LT, their passing game was working, BB blocked the FG, and our pressure caused all the SD mistakes. My point is that as Pats fans we cannot be homers. The Pats won the game because they stepped up to the challenge and capitolized on the Chargers mistakes. It is give and take If you read other's posts they would have you believe we executed everything well and had a great game.

Do you honestly feel that this team played up to its full potential? I say no

Would you please observe what you actually wrote that I objected to?

forcing SD into the middle of the field in order to chew up the clock is simply ridiculous

What I stated was obvious. BB didn't force Kaeding to miss that FG. He didn't scheme a play to block it. He didn't waste a TO so the FG attempt was closer. BB didn't run onto the field and block it. THE DUDE SIMPLY MISSED THE FG. BB didn't do it. Now you want to twist the context of the conversation. Give it up.

The reason that the attempt was 54 yards and not 44 yards was the defense used by the Patriots and the way San Diego was forced to attack it given all the time/place/manner constraints at that point in the game. The "context of the conversation was you claiming that Belichick had nothing to do with the missed field goal. That is patently absurd. Yet, instead of admitting you're wrong on that point, even if you want to stand firm on your other points, you try claiming that I'm twisting context when I'm responding directly to your claims. Now, if you want to keep bandying such nonsense about, I'll be glad to quote you back to yourself for as long as is needed.

Last edited:
It was all of the above. Graham actually layed him out at the end of the play about right when the whistle was blowing the play dead. So yeah he was pissed but he should have kept his head.

Graham's hit was legal so, therefore, any anger was not legitimate. That's why I eliminated #2 from the list of options.

Bottom line is that San Diego had two players (P.A.T. attempt as well) who either became complete morons or simply cracked under the stress.

The reason that the attempt was 54 yards and not 44 yards was the defense used by the Patriots and the way San Diego was forced to attack it given all the time/place/manner constraints at that point in the game. The "context of the conversation was you claiming that Belichick had nothing to do with the missed field goal. That is patently absurd. Yet, instead of admitting you're wrong on that point, even if you want to stand firm on your other points, you try claiming that I'm twisting context when I'm responding directly to your claims. Now, if you want to keep bandying such nonsense about, I'll be glad to quote you back to yourself for as long as is needed.

I think you are way off. The Pats were in a prevent letting WR have the inside. BB was expecting his 2ndary to make plays. He didn't block the freaking kick. Lie all you want I dont care. You know exactly what I wrote and what I meant, but just want to argue.

Defending that SD's mistakes were not related to our win is idiotic, but you are welcome to your minority opinion.

Do you want to piss all night or agree to disagree?

Graham's hit was legal so, therefore, any anger was not legitimate. That's why I eliminated #2 from the list of options.

Bottom line is that San Diego had two players (P.A.T. attempt as well) who either became complete morons or simply cracked under the stress.

And when it comes to winning a game there is no place for either.

I think you are way off. The Pats were in a prevent letting WR have the inside. BB was expecting his 2ndary to make plays. He didn't block the freaking kick. Lie all you want I dont care. You know exactly what I wrote and what I meant, but just want to argue.

Defending that SD's mistakes were not related to our win is idiotic, but you are welcome to your minority opinion.

Do you want to piss all night or agree to disagree?

1.) I don't lie, and, if you continue with such comments, this is going to get very unpleasant for readers.

2.) Your argument was wrong. Your continued defense of it just makes you look like a fool. According to NFL.com, 54 yards was the longest field goal attempted by Kaeding this season. Kaeding had only tried one field goal from 50+ this season. Furthermore, if I did the math correctly, kickers were only 40 of 81 from 50+ yards this past season. Even if I missed a kick in my addition, the rate remains essentially a 50/50 shot. In other words, Belichick and the Patriots put the Chargers into a position where the success rate was about 50/50 this year. How that supposedly had nothing to do with the missed field goal is one for you to work out with your analyst. Belichick didn't block the kick? So what? He and the Patriots put San Diego in a position where they had a long kick to tie up the game, and only about a 50% chance of success. News flash: That's coaching.

The truly sad part is that if the Patriots HAD blocked the kick, you'd probably be marking that down as yet another Chargers mistake instead of crediting the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft