PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Confident Are You in this Years Red Sox?

Minnesota is a chump team? And the Yankees suck now? In another thread you said games against them "truly mattered". If they suck so much then why does Tampa have a losing record against them this season? Boston had a losing record against NYY last year and it didn't make a difference.

And how have the Rays shown that they can be better than the Sox? They are 6-6 on the season, and the 6 games in Boston were blow outs, and the 6 games in Tampa were all very close. Boston has played them very well this season.

Apparently outscoring your opponents doesn't matter, you have to annihilate them. Anything else means they have no chance to succeed.

Apparently outscoring your opponents doesn't matter, you have to annihilate them. Anything else means they have no chance to succeed.

This is the reason I'm not overly confident as I was in previous years. Outscoring your opponent is fine for the regular season but we all know it's pitching that gets you through the playoffs.

If Beckett can find his game I will feel a whole lot better .. until them I'm 50/50 on the confidence meter. Masterson and let's say Byrd in the bullpen will be great ... it's all about Beckett IMO right now and I hope he finds it soon.

who said the Twinkees suck? They're probably gonna steal the wildcard from us. And I agree, Beckett needs to pull it together and fast if there is to be any hope.

Sucks are up on the Orioles right now 7-2.

This thread is now on HOLD!!!

:beersign:.....:eat3:.....:eat1:.....:beersign:

This is the reason I'm not overly confident as I was in previous years. Outscoring your opponent is fine for the regular season but we all know it's pitching that gets you through the playoffs.
Boston has a team 3.92ERA, good for 9th in baseball (for reference, they had a team 3.87ERA in 2007). It's just a hair below LAAs team 3.90ERA.

Their 4.03ERA on the road is the second best in the AL. Better than Chicago (4.16ERA), New York (4.34ERA), Tampa (4.38ERA), and Minnesota (5.43ERA).

They have a team 4.19ERA in August, and thats including the ugly game against Texas where they gave up 16ER. They're not nearly as bad as some people would like to give them credit for.
who said the Twinkees suck? They're probably gonna steal the wildcard from us. And I agree, Beckett needs to pull it together and fast if there is to be any hope.
You apparently think that the Sox only beat up on chumps, so maybe you're unaware that the Sox swept the Twins the last time they faced them.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back