PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Belichick lost his place in posterity

I do live in Surrey, southwest of London. So the Britain part is accurate!!

That helps explain some things, thanks for chiming in. I probably have been a tad hard on you unaware of your background (assuming you're a native Brit).

What a load of disingenuous crap. "Lost his place in posterity" gave you away from the get-go. You butthurt goofballs have made gaslighting an art form with this infernally eternal Brady > Belichick obsession. Leaves one yearning for the good ol' days before you stumbled forth from the Tampa Bay Ghetto and commenced puking on all things BB. Making your campaign agenda so damn embarrassing is this naive belief you can toss up a bunch of stats and records to compensate for what little you REALLY understand about how things work in the NFL -- especially coaching -- in service to worshiping your hero. Perhaps someday you'll grow out of this nonsense and learn to appreciate the fact that neither could have accomplished individually what they did TOGETHER.

Brady won more Superbowls (1) without BB than Marino (0) did. As many as Rodgers (1) did.

Meanwhile BB won less playoff games (1) without Brady than Rex Ryan did (4).

Brady won more Superbowls (1) without BB than Marino (0) did. As many as Rodgers (1) did.

These are cherrypicked facts that really mean nothing out of context. Please read my posts on page 25 of this thread (6:13 a.m. and 11:55 a.m.).

If only Bill could leave to join some superteam whenever he wanted.

If only coaching/team building were anything like playing QB.

You're comparing Monet to Ali, and suggesting one has to suck for the other to be good.

The dumb drill is faithfully drilling a hole into my frontal lobe.

This feels like the failure of the US education system over decades coming to a head in this exact moment.

This perspective is terribly myopic, lacking important context. Many moving parts comprised the winning program Belichick constructed from front office to assistant coaches, scouting and quality control (via the likes of Ernie Adams). His innovative emphasis on versatile mid-level and end-of-roster talent kept Patriots teams competitive for years. Brady was an important component but didn't operate in a vacuum, groomed by skilled OCs and complemented by consistently excellent defenses/special teams units under BB's watch.

Toward the end, league rule changes overemphasizing offense and minimizing the impact of special teams blunted built-in advantages of Belichick's philosophical approach. Success-driven staff attrition, both in the front office and coaching ranks, generated a revolving-door brain drain harming program continuity. Belichick spread himself too thin trying to compensate and fell short in personnel management at all levels. This ultimately manifested in the win-loss columns, spelling his ouster. But it's to the credit of Brady and BB that together, they overcame sea changes in both how the league operated and their own program to achieve second-phase dynasty titles in 2014, 2016 and 2018.
Holy ****, what a load of bull ****. Lol

Your writing style sucks ass. No wonder your unemployed.

If only Bill could leave to join some superteam whenever he wanted.
You’re calling a 7-9 team a “super team.”

Yup, your posts demonstrate the failure of the US educational system indeed.

Biffins is awesome. he knows got to get **** going on here. reminds me of when I used to play MW2. if the lobby was quiet, I’d just say something like “vote to skip this **** map” and I’d get the whole lobby going, and everyone would start going after each other on their mics

now all we need is crawhammer back

Biffins is awesome. he knows got to get **** going on here. reminds me of when I used to play MW2. if the lobby was quiet, I’d just say something like “vote to skip this **** map” and I’d get the whole lobby going, and everyone would start going after each other on their mics

now all we need is crawhammer back
Yes, you are definitely the voice of reason and insanity at the same time, well done.

Holy ****, what a load of bull ****. Lol

Your writing style sucks ass. No wonder your unemployed.

Translation: "Gosh, what to do ... This is too complex for me to understand and much of it happened before I became a Tom Brady fan. So I'll just call it bull and laugh. Then I'll say his writing sucks and make a grammatical error calling him unemployed. Ha! THAT will get him!"

Last edited:
You’re calling a 7-9 team a “super team.”

Yup, your posts demonstrate the failure of the US educational system indeed.
They were a superteam everywhere except QB.

Learn the game.

I can’t help but notice the GOAT coach is unemployed—but had actively sought to be hired.

Why is that?

They were a superteam everywhere except QB.

Learn the game.
So in other words, they weren't a superteam. They were a very mediocre 7-9.

I know you despise facts but..... Learn the game.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Translation: "Gosh, what to do ... This is too complex for me to understand and much of it happened before I became a Tom Brady fan. So I'll just call it bull and laugh. Then I'll say his writing sucks and make a grammatical error calling him unemployed. Ha! THAT will get him!"
Not complex at all, just a bunch of hyperbolic bull ****. Here we goooooo.

This perspective is terribly myopic, lacking important context. Many moving parts comprised the winning program Belichick constructed from front office to assistant coaches, scouting and quality control (via the likes of Ernie Adams)
You mean like the front office to assistant coaches, scouting and QC that every single NFL team has? Yes, there's many moving parts. All teams have them. Just a bunch of words that don't say a thing.

His innovative emphasis on versatile mid-level and end-of-roster talent kept Patriots teams competitive for years.
Every single NFL team has mid-level and end of roster talent. Some are versatile, some are not. Some are more talented than mid-level players from other teams, some are not. Do we have to go through every 2nd RD bust to show how nonsensical your BS is?

Brady was an important component but didn't operate in a vacuum, groomed by skilled OCs and complemented by consistently excellent defenses/special teams units under BB's watch.
Eureka, Brady didn't operate in a vacuum. What a deep statement. Of course, if he did, he could throw and catch his own pass. Lol, at consistently excellent defenses/special teams. You don't even believe that one. More BS.

Toward the end, league rule changes overemphasizing offense and minimizing the impact of special teams blunted built-in advantages of Belichick's philosophical approach.
The same rule changes that all other teams had to abide by? I thought Belichick's genius was an advantage over other team's coaches. Everyone said Belichick would sweep away the competition during the Covid season. That's your excuse for the piss poor play the last few seasons? Come on man, more BS.

Success-driven staff attrition, both in the front office and coaching ranks, generated a revolving-door brain drain harming program continuity. Belichick spread himself too thin trying to compensate and fell short in personnel management at all levels. This ultimately manifested in the win-loss columns, spelling his ouster.
More pathetically absurd excuses. Do you think the Patriots is the only team that loses staff to other teams? Where do you think all these hot shot WC young coaches are coming from that are all over the league? Not from the Patriots, Einstein.

But it's to the credit of Brady and BB that together, they overcame sea changes in both how the league operated and their own program to achieve second-phase dynasty titles in 2014, 2016 and 2018.
Real reason: from 2010 to 2018, Brady's offenses scored >27 ppg every season and >30 ppg in 4 of those seasons. Brady has the most regular and post seasons with 27+ ppg and 30+ ppg, in NFL history.

20240405_232706.jpg

20240405_232349.jpg

Look at the O DVOA vs D DVOA, and your bs statements don't carry any weight.

20240405_233330.jpg

The FACT is, that as soon as Brady left the building, Belichick’s "innovative, winning program" turned to ****. Everyone has noticed this. Every day, more and more people are saying it. Belichick was lucky as hell to have the consistency of the GOAT QB for 18 years.

Again, what a load of bull ****. And yes, your writing style sucks ass

I didn't like it either but in the back of my mind I think maybe there was a reasonable explanation that makes sense, sadly we'll probably never know.
I can't really think of a legitimate reason to humiliate a player that way. A series or two would be one thing but the whole game?

You mean like the front office to assistant coaches, scouting and QC that every single NFL team has? Yes, there's many moving parts. All teams have them. Just a bunch of words that don't say a thing.

Every single NFL team has mid-level and end of roster talent. Some are versatile, some are not. Some are more talented than mid-level players from other teams, some are not. Do we have to go through every 2nd RD bust to show how nonsensical your BS is?

Eureka, Brady didn't operate in a vacuum. What a deep statement. Of course, if he did, he could throw and catch his own pass. Lol, at consistently excellent defenses/special teams. You don't even believe that one. More BS.

The same rule changes that all other teams had to abide by? I thought Belichick's genius was an advantage over other team's coaches. Everyone said Belichick would sweep away the competition during the Covid season. That's your excuse for the piss poor play the last few seasons? Come on man, more BS.

More pathetically absurd excuses. Do you think the Patriots is the only team that loses staff to other teams? Where do you think all these hot shot WC young coaches are coming from that are all over the league? Not from the Patriots, Einstein.

Real reason: from 2010 to 2018, Brady's offenses scored >27 ppg every season and >30 ppg in 4 of those seasons. Brady has the most regular and post seasons with 27+ ppg and 30+ ppg, in NFL history.

View attachment 57439

View attachment 57440

View attachment 57441

The FACT is, that as soon as Brady left the building, Belichick’s "innovative, winning program" turned to ****. Everyone has noticed this. Every day, more and more people are saying it. Belichick was lucky as hell to have the consistency of the GOAT QB for 18 years.

OF COURSE it's too complex for your noggin' to absorb. That's why you respond in these piques of anger and frustration, scrambling for whatever statistics you can muster to buttress ill-informed, naively biased takes and childishly haughty comebacks. You are one hateful little feller, that's for sure. And certainly not interested in a reasonable exchange of ideas or (heaven forbid) humbling yourself enough to learn something new. For you, it begins and ends with Brady > Belichick. Period, full stop. Any evidence or argument in support of Bill's crucial role as orchestrator of New England's dynasty run is dismissed outright as B.S. or labeled excuse making.

What you take issue with in the above reveals two basic deficits. One is previously acknowledged -- your lack of firsthand experience in athletics/team sports, which offer intuitive understanding of why things like coaching matter (remember, you claimed elsewhere that success in the NFL is "100 percent the players"). The other is ignorance or conscious dismissal of the evolutionary history behind Belichick's program philosophy from 2000-on. Which was unique in several respects, including running everything from the head coach's office. It ran like a top until the aforementioned league rules changes (some in direct response to Patriots success via Bill Polian, et al.) and staff brain drain precipitated its downhill slide. They couldn't beat him so they changed the game, hired away his people and conjured punitive violations like Spygate and Deflategate. Those dynamics were in play well before Brady's exit. Unfortunately and by his own design, Belichick became the proverbial Little Dutch Boy: too many holes in the dike, not enough fingers and it all came crashing down.

But you can't discount factors beyond his control. Or, the fact it worked so well for so long only partly due to Brady's presence. It's more than coincidence that the rocky last few years of BB's tenure included a steady outflow of coaches, executives and scouts including but not limited to Nick Caserio, Monti Ossenfort, Dave Zeigler, Dante Scarnecchia and Ernie Adams, PLUS Brian Flores, who took several assistants with him to Miami and Josh McDaniels, who poached other assistant coaches on his way to Las Vegas. Those are huge setbacks of a scope unmatched by any other franchise.

I could go on with links to articles and stats illustrating BB's innovative approach to roster management early on and why things turned sour two decades later, how the Patriots' defense and special teams consistently provided balance, how great coaching helped make champions of a largely waiver-wire roster in 2001, etc. I could tell you to read Michael Holley's book Patriot Reign or David Halberstam's The Education of A Coach. But you would just scoff and snark and proclaim all the good was Brady's influence and all the bad was because he left.

You call these observations "nonsensical," ********," "pathetically absurd excuses," etc. Not sure when you became a Tom Brady fan but the dynasty was more than half over by the time you joined Patsfans. A relative Johnny-come-lately here, your lack of grounding shows. As much as you idolize TB12, one might think you'd respect his take on coaching. The fact you give no credence to his repeated claim that he owes his career to Belichick is odd, to say the least. Is that because it contradicts your agenda?

From the article: Tom Brady Gives Decisive Opinion On The 'Brady Or Belichick' Debate With Patriots

"I think it's a pretty ****ty argument actually, that people would say that," Brady said when told that the player would deserve more credit than the coach. "Because I can't do his job and he can't do mine. The fact that you could say, would I be successful without him, the same level of success? I don't believe I would have been."

So there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth: Tom Brady is on record characterizing your antI-Belichick campaign as "pretty ****ty." If that's not the final word, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

View attachment 57439

View attachment 57440

View attachment 57441

All of this ^^

Bradys stans are as insufferable as LeBron stans who want to insist Jordan played against plumbers.
Everyone knows that Russell is the NBA's GOAT.

Never say never.

Say the Cowboys implode again in January 2025....Jerrah will find himself a year closer to his grave and no Lombardi for 30 years.....
Some people need BB to never coach again to justify hiring Mayo. Basically, the mantra is that BB was so bad that the Pats had to fire him and hire Mayo - Bob Krafts puppet.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back