PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about Mankins and #3 to SD for Vincent Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you nuts? VJ is a high risk player. He's had some big character issues in SD. Usually when guys get arrested, they are usually also locker room cancers, although not always. You just don't hear about it. SD obviously wants to move on, and there wasn't that much interest in him. Says something.

Pats would be better off trading Mankins for a #2 pick, then sitting at a high position in the first round to draft one of the celebrated WRs coming out of college. J. Jones, A.J. Green, Baldwin, etc. There is a lot of talent at the top, and much less character concern. They might even get one of these guys in the mid to late first round with their other first round pick.

VJ has already asked for in excess of 47 million over 4 years....which is more than Brandon Marshall received. All that with 30 million guaranteed. Mostly because his agent is horrible and needs a reality check. But if NE wants to mortgage the next few years....have at it. We already passed on a decent offer from Minn. I dont see a #3 and Mankins as any better.

Doesn't make any sense

Why get an another trouble maker for a LOT of money, who probably doesnt even get the playbook until weeks 11-12

Stick with what we have and draft a stud WR in round 1/2 next year

...and unless NE wants to give us two #2's, AJ Smith is going to keep VJ in the corner being punished.

I think that is too rich for the Pats to give up. Plus, if they were interested in Jackson I think he'd already be here.

I would love Jackson but this team will never do it.Not to mention that they would never pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST