PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hope the Pats aren't expecting nice weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Woke up and it was in the 30s. Currently low 50s, we've had 2 inches of rain today and it shows no sign of stopping. Low visibility.

I expect the lifeguards at the Westin Keirland will have today off.

I am sure it will be nice and dry if they close the retractable roof....:rolleyes:

The forecast is for mid 60s, almost no wind and a few showers. What are you talking about ? You know the game is next Sunday not today, right ? :confused:

The forecast is for mid 60s, almost no wind and a few showers. What are you talking about ? You know the game is next Sunday not today, right ? :confused:

I think he means He hopes they are not expecting nice weather when they arrive TODAY.

I think he means He hopes they are not expecting nice weather when they arrive TODAY.

Right that's what I meant -- the Westin Keirland is a really neat hotel to hang out in. Great pool. Lots of outdoor areas to hang out in or having meetings or eat and stuff. Really great outdoor shopping mall right next door. But none of that today and tomorrow, which is too bad because it's really the last free time the players get. It's really unusually crappy here.

Game's in a dome, so it won't matter for the game. I'm sure after the crappy unseasonable weather in Atlanta a while back, though, the NFL is not loving the current conditions.

Last edited:
I know but I don't think they really care what it's like when they get off the plane today. Next Sunday - fine - today means nothing.

anything is better than the snow storm back at home:rolleyes:
wait, they are arriving late why would they care about the weather:rolleyes:

Right that's what I meant -- the Westin Keirland is a really neat hotel to hang out in. Great pool. Lots of outdoor areas to hang out in or having meetings or eat and stuff. Really great outdoor shopping mall right next door. But none of that today and tomorrow, which is too bad because it's really the last free time the players get. It's really unusually crappy here.

Game's in a dome, so it won't matter for the game. I'm sure after the crappy unseasonable weather in Atlanta a while back, though, the NFL is not loving the current conditions.

Under what circumstances is the dome open or closed? Is it closed only for rain, or do they close it for chilly temps too? What do you expect for the game?

I am originally from Philly, but am stationed in Tucson right now, and I can tell you that the Pats will do much better in this weather right now than the conditions of the NW. It is a little wet here, but not showers by any stretch of the imagination, and it is very warm compared to the NW. When the Pats and Giants come here it is going to feel very warm for them even if it is in the 50s.

30 degrees is beautiful football weather this time of year, and would not pose any problem. Of course the retractable roof will be closed if there is any rain.

Sounds like you're getting the same weather we're having in California. I wonder at what point they'll close the roof on Sunday (moderate to heavy rain, obviously, but how about just a very light rain or mist?). Weather.com has Few Showers, high of 68° forecast for next Sunday. I know that the field they roll in and out has natural grass for turf. I watched a Science Channel show about the construction of that stadium. Pretty awesome.

Under what circumstances is the dome open or closed? Is it closed only for rain, or do they close it for chilly temps too? What do you expect for the game?

When the Cardinals play, it's their discretion, but once the game starts the roof cannot be changed (e.g., open if it was previously closed or closed if it was previously opened). I think maybe there are exceptions for like lightning or something.

But as I understand it, the league makes the call all the way during the super bowl. I think the roof was open for two games this year. Usually it's closed, because it's so hot and the sun so intense.

Once the sun goes down here, it can get pretty cold. My hunch is that the roof will be closed. It's just more comfortable. At 4:17, the sun will be below the western lip of the roof, so it won't shine on anyone in the stadium anyway. I think after last year's rain, they'll just play the game in 70 degrees with no elements -- that is, with the roof closed. But we'll see.

By the way, when the roof is retracted, the stadium looks more like Texas Stadium than, say, Reliant -- it's mostly just a big hole over the field not like an open air stadium.

the weather in Phoenix is going to be WARM this Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes