PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holland vs. Munson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people get on Lester Munson. The guy is spot on all the time. Let's go back and look at some of the things he said:
  • Ted Wells wrote a well crafted document that will uphold to scrutiny and made a solid compelling case of cheating that is unimpeachable.
  • Roger Goodell wrote a solid appeal decision that also will be unimpeachable.
  • Brady will never get a judge to hear his case because they do not want to get involved. It will get thrown out of court.
And let's not forget how Munson correctly stated that Bonds and his lawyers got their arses kicked in court when he was acquitted on four of the five counts and only convicted of the lowest count (which was overturned in appeal).

He had a remarkable take on the Duke Lacrosse case as well.

OT: Is anyone experiencing lag in the threads?

Wow! Here is the audio from the LeBatard Munson interview. Munson seems to be living in his own universe. He is advising Brady to admit guilt. He claims he knows more than all the other legal experts and that is why he is the only one saying what he is saying.

http://tunein.com/topic/?topicId=100635773

Really makes you wonder why CNN exists, then. For people who hate the very concept of thinking?

CNN: Election coverage. The latest Plane/Train crash in Zimbabwe.

IANAL, but to me there's a distinction here between serious errors of fact and procedural fairness, or in this case a lack thereof. Berman has pointed out in questioning instances where the process may well have run afoul of federal law-e.g. not producing Pash for questioning, and has implied that these errors of process could be sufficient grounds for vacating the award.

To me the core legal issue is the dispute as to whether the "Law of the Shop" is just another fact that the arbitrator gets to determine. If the NFL's argument to that effect is wrong, then they don't have much of an answer to the findings of the Minnesota Court, collateral estoppel, and so on.

Be pessimistic, or there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Again, I'm not saying Munsen is right, I'm saying he is making an argument that a reasonable person can make, and that we should not be overly optimistic based just on how the judge asked questions this week. When will you people learn? It's like the black knight sketch here sometimes....

Again, I'm not saying this line of thought is correct, but it is obviously something that should be on our radar, it is not stupid, and we shouldn't be too optimistic, given the history of what has transpired so far.

Your positional evolution notwithstanding, Garvey controls issues of facts, not process, and subsequent rulings have shown avenues to attack arbitrations. I laid out the applicable section of Title IX upon which such attacks are based in another thread, but I'll re-post it here:

(a) In any of the following cases the United States court in and for the district wherein the award was made may make an order vacating the award upon the application of any party to the arbitration—
(1)
where the award was procured by corruption, fraud, or undue means;
(2)
where there was evident partiality or corruption in the arbitrators, or either of them;
(3)
where the arbitrators were guilty of misconduct in refusing to postpone the hearing, upon sufficient cause shown, or in refusing to hear evidence pertinent and material to the controversy; or of any other misbehavior by which the rights of any party have been prejudiced; or
(4)
where the arbitrators exceeded their powers, or so imperfectly executed them that a mutual, final, and definite award upon the subject matter submitted was not made.
(b)
If an award is vacated and the time within which the agreement required the award to be made has not expired, the court may, in its discretion, direct a rehearing by the arbitrators.
(c)
The United States district court for the district wherein an award was made that was issued pursuant to section 580 of title 5 may make an order vacating the award upon the application of a person, other than a party to the arbitration, who is adversely affected or aggrieved by the award, if the use of arbitration or the award is clearly inconsistent with the factors set forth in section 572 of title 5.
(July 30, 1947, ch. 392, 61 Stat. 672; Pub. L. 101–552, § 5, Nov. 15, 1990, 104 Stat. 2745; Pub. L. 102–354, § 5(b)(4), Aug. 26, 1992, 106 Stat. 946; Pub. L. 107–169, § 1, May 7, 2002, 116 Stat. 132.)

#2, #3, and #4 are all clearly in play.

Wow! Here is the audio from the LeBatard Munson interview. Munson seems to be living in his own universe. He is advising Brady to admit guilt. He claims he knows more than all the other legal experts and that is why he is the only one saying what he is saying.

http://tunein.com/topic/?topicId=100635773
I started listening and couldn't take more than a minute or two. Tweeted LeBatard he should be ashamed by association.

I started listening and couldn't take more than a minute or two. Tweeted LeBatard he should be ashamed by association.

Should have listened to the end. LeBatard calls him out at the end on how he is the only legal expert in the world saying what he is say. Munson just says he has more experience and more versed in the law than all the other legal experts. Maybe that is why he was disbarred.

Should have listened to the end. LeBatard calls him out at the end on how he is the only legal expert in the world saying what he is say. Munson just says he has more experience and more versed in the law than all the other legal experts. Maybe that is why he was disbarred.
Thanks for taking one for the group :)

(1)
where the award was procured by corruption, fraud, or undue means;

#2, #3, and #4 are all clearly in play.

I like #1 too though, let's leave that on the table.

Munson just says he has more experience and more versed in the law than all the other legal experts. Maybe that is why he was disbarred.

What a disillusioned assh***e.

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 1h1 hour ago
Garvey distiguishable from Brady: lacked "evident partiality" and "unfair process" claims, and judge reversed b/c he disagreed with findings
Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 2h2 hours ago
Garvey judge also "usurped the arbitrators' role by resolving dispute & barring further [arbitration] proceedings." Berman smarter than that
Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 1h1 hour ago
Line that Judge Berman must not cross if he rules for Brady/NFLPA (which is why exclusion of Pash testimony is key):

OK I'm confused. Just listened to Munson's take and I've heard this logic elsewhere in various forms.

"The judge is ripping the NFL's position only to force the NFL to settle" "The Judge may know that he will have to rule in the NFL's favor because the CBA is too strong"

If the judge wants to force the two sides to settle, wouldn't he rip both sides?

I do not understand a judge ripping the party with the strongest Legal position so that the party with the weakest position would somehow get a settlement they desire.

Really makes you wonder why CNN exists, then. For people who hate the very concept of thinking?
Yup, CNN is a glorified E channel.

BREAKING NEWS......Flight MH 370 still hasn't been found.

BREAKING NEWS.....Anna Nicole Smith is dead. that went on for months.

BREAKING NEWS... Micheal Jackson is dead...see anna nicole smith.

BREAKING NEWS....CNN is a freaking joke and has been for years.

And if the judge was hammering Brady more then Munson would say "Judge thinks Brady is guilty and embarrassed him accordingly"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case