PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hit. This. Man!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now that Chandler is out, we're going to have to rely on stunts to hit Manning. I highly doubt we're going to blitz him often no matter how well disguised it will be. The good news is that the coverage may well be good enough to force him to hold onto the ball for one second longer, which makes a world of difference.

This is pretty much my thinking. The coverage should be good enough to force him into his 3rd or 4th read, by which point, he might just throw it away. Incompletions frustrate Manning almost as much as getting hit.

I like our chances to frustrate him a bit more, provided the secondary is allowed to play (especially Browner).

I'm thinking that New England ought to dust off the game plan from the Superbowl against the Rams.

Pressure the QB, and make the middle and underneath routes a land of pain for any receiver that goes into them. Even if they catch the ball, make the hit so hard that every single one of them starts hearing footsteps before the ball gets there.

As to Manning's quick release, I'm not worried about that, although his wife probably hates it. :rolleyes:

I am optimistic about a Patriot's win against Denver. But regardless, what I want more than anything is for Denver's players to feel the pain from that game throughout the rest of the season.

I'm thinking that New England ought to dust off the game plan from the Superbowl against the Rams.

Pressure the QB, and make the middle and underneath routes a land of pain for any receiver that goes into them. Even if they catch the ball, make the hit so hard that every single one of them starts hearing footsteps before the ball gets there.

As to Manning's quick release, I'm not worried about that, although his wife probably hates it. :rolleyes:

I am optimistic about a Patriot's win against Denver. But regardless, what I want more than anything is for Denver's players to feel the pain from that game throughout the rest of the season.
agree that would be good, you can't re-route their receivers though and anything beyond 5 is a flag. Maybe press but DT at 250, 6.5....he is gonna fight through that....it is a tough match up for our defense, there is really no other way to say it. Having said that our coaches know Manning and will have us prepared and ready...

I would love to see Manning beneath an airborne Wilfolk in preparation for the pancaking of a lifetime. That would be a thing of beauty. If it were an Olympic event, there would be 3 judges on the sideline holding up cards that all said "11". It puts a smile on my face just typing this.

while it would be nice. I would prefer someone to knock welker into the next time zone if he tries that pick move of his.

I have no doubt a Welker pick move is being practice against... seriously.

This is the game we drafted Easley for. The best way to disrupt a quick release elite qb is pressure up the middle. Get trash around his feet and make him get happy feet and rush his reads. Easier said then done and while I would LOVE to see Payton decleated (cleanly) I think making him feel pressured is more important and would do what ever I could to push the middle of his pocket back into his lap every play. Have Hightower play mlb and blitz him 5 -7 times over the course of the game. Have Easley at the 3 Tec with instructions to live in the backfield. On obvious passing downs bring chris Jones in for wilfork. Whatever it takes to make the middle of the offensive line go backwards.

This is the game we drafted Easley for. The best way to disrupt a quick release elite qb is pressure up the middle. Get trash around his feet and make him get happy feet and rush his reads. Easier said then done and while I would LOVE to see Payton decleated (cleanly) I think making him feel pressured is more important and would do what ever I could to push the middle of his pocket back into his lap every play. Have Hightower play mlb and blitz him 5 -7 times over the course of the game. Have Easley at the 3 Tec with instructions to live in the backfield. On obvious passing downs bring chris Jones in for wilfork. Whatever it takes to make the middle of the offensive line go backwards.

Sounds like common sense.

So with that said, we will rush 3 all game and Peyton will have all day to throw.

The most overrated thing I hear when people talk about Manning is "You gotta pressure him". BS! The Pats have shut him down many times without pressuring him. To beat Manning, you need to screw up the timing routes of his receivers. The Pats need to do press man and press zone coverage on their receivers knocking them on the LOS on every play.

That is how you beat Manning. He is all about timing routes. You knock his receivers off their routes and you will probably get to Manning because he will hold onto the ball longer and he is a sitting duck if he cannot get rid of the ball quickly.

I'd like to see our d-linemen jump more often to bat down passes

Especially against Manning's noodle arm

Setting aside Dogkiller Ron Mexico for a moment, who is in a class by himself:

In all my years (they're piling up), I have NEVER seen a player I wanted to get hit more (and harder) than the NFL's fair-haired boy, King Forehead Omaha. This guy almost never gets leveled by a clean shot. Unlike Tom Brady, he doesn't buy time sliding in the pocket and won't sacrifice his body for the sake of a completion. When he sees a defender closing in, Omaha takes a dive. It's probably the smart thing to do. And you have to admire his quick release -- not to mention the veritable OL fortresses that always surround him along with all-star receiving casts.

Of course, the Pats seem like the wrong style defense to bring the heat vs. Omaha. But, one can dream ...

View attachment 7205
I wonder if he can have it surgically removed?

More than most, I seem to see corner blitzes getting to Manning as free runners. I know it caused at least one turnover (int) and I think one sack in the game in Foxboro last year. Front 4 won't do it alone.

Setting aside Dogkiller Ron Mexico for a moment, who is in a class by himself:

In all my years (they're piling up), I have NEVER seen a player I wanted to get hit more (and harder) than the NFL's fair-haired boy, King Forehead Omaha. This guy almost never gets leveled by a clean shot. Unlike Tom Brady, he doesn't buy time sliding in the pocket and won't sacrifice his body for the sake of a completion. When he sees a defender closing in, Omaha takes a dive. It's probably the smart thing to do. And you have to admire his quick release -- not to mention the veritable OL fortresses that always surround him along with all-star receiving casts.

Of course, the Pats seem like the wrong style defense to bring the heat vs. Omaha. But, one can dream ...

View attachment 7205
mugshot14zz.jpg

More than most, I seem to see corner blitzes getting to Manning as free runners. I know it caused at least one turnover (int) and I think one sack in the game in Foxboro last year. Front 4 won't do it alone.

Imagine Browner coming in on a corner blitz that doesn't get picked up...

If the weather is windy and/or snow is falling, then I expect him to get hit considerably more than he has in games hitherto. Heck, with our DB's and playing at home, this might happen regardless of the weather.

Sometimes I just want someone to hit him, just a little hit, come one Pats make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back