2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

The Pats won tonight, but...

• Who cares? What about that KC game...

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enjoy it while it lasts, Brady is ancient and getting older every day

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Those stiffs got lucky, BB can't draft (except JimmyG, put him in). Or coach for that matter

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Just watch, the trading Logan Mankins shoe is about to drop

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • We still need to draft another TE (but two would be better)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes, but who's gonna rush the passer?

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No the coaching staff didn't "deserve" the level of criticism as evidenced by last nights performance. Its clear you were being just as irrational as anyone calling to bench Brady.

No, sorry, but being fed up with Revis being used incorrectly is not anything remotely close to wanting to trade Brady for a 4th. Not by a mile.

No, sorry, but being fed up with Revis being used incorrectly is not anything remotely close to wanting to trade Brady for a 4th. Not by a mile.

Who said to trade Brady for a 4th? Seriously did that even happen. I would ridicule that person just as much for going over the top.

However, you had just as many ridiculous things to say in that thread. It didn't take me long, as your introductory post to the thread contained this gem:

Josh should be gone tomorrow. He sucked as soon as he got here, running his gimmicky BS meant for trash teams like Tebow's Broncos while having some of the best offensive players in football, and it's been a DRASTIC decline from that day on.

Who said to trade Brady for a 4th? Seriously did that even happen. I would ridicule that person just as much for going over the top.

However, you had just as many ridiculous things to say in that thread. It didn't take me long, as your introductory post to the thread contained this gem:

Josh isn't Belichick. You're combining things. I also said I liked him two pages later and said I was just pissed. You comparing that to a vocal minority on this board legitimately campaigning for Brady to get traded or benched for JAG is laughably dishonest and a complete joke.

Josh isn't Belichick. You're combining things. I also said I liked him two pages later and said I was just pissed. You comparing that to a vocal minority on this board legitimately campaigning for Brady to get traded or benched for JAG is laughably dishonest and a complete joke.

Ok., How about this one:I'm finally back, what did I miss?
Tom Brady should be offensive general manager. Belichick is in steep decline.

or

Last season was Brady's last gasp at covering up for Belichick's ********, his obsession with Rutger JAG's, his arrogance. I've never said a single thing bad about Belichick in my entire life, but I'll start throwing molotovs when it comes down to arguments between who here deserves more #%$@ing blame.

Brady is the one who has been taking pay cuts to play with JAGs, orchestrate miracles with nobodies, and carry his GM craziness to Superbowls and three consecutive AFC Championships.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you're not embarrassed by those comments today then I don't know what to tell you other than you aren't appreciative of a HOF coach.

Ok., How about this one:I'm finally back, what did I miss?

or

And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you're not embarrassed by those comments today then I don't know what to tell you other than you aren't appreciative of a HOF coach.

One is clearly satire and the other is partially me defending Belichick and me saying in the case of blame, I'll blame Belichick more than Brady for week 1 through 4.

If that is what you're holding me accountable for given the Brady sucks hysteria, you're really reaching

One is clearly satire and the other is partially me defending Belichick and me saying in the case of blame, I'll blame Belichick more than Brady for week 1 through 4.

If that is what you're holding me accountable for given the Brady sucks hysteria, you're really reaching

I have no idea why you keep on bringing up the "Brady sucks" hysteria as defense for your "Belichick sucks" hysteria. Do you have some misguided notion that one is an excuse for the other? It isn't. Just because someone acted like a moron on a different subject didn't make your points any less ridiculous. I let your quote of "Last season was Brady's last gasp at covering up for Belichick's ********, his obsession with Rutger JAG's, his arrogance." stand on its own. As you said before, you stand behind everything you said in that thread. I'm sorry you have to put up with Belichick's ********. It must have been real hard for you to deal with him these past 14 years.

I have no idea why you keep on bringing up the "Brady sucks" hysteria as defense for your "Belichick sucks" hysteria. Do you have some misguided notion that one is an excuse for the other? It isn't. Just because someone acted like a moron on a different subject didn't make your points any less ridiculous. I let your quote of "Last season was Brady's last gasp at covering up for Belichick's ********, his obsession with Rutger JAG's, his arrogance." stand on its own. As you said before, you stand behind everything you said in that thread. I'm sorry you have to put up with Belichick's ********. It must have been real hard for you to deal with him these past 14 years.

You're just making things up.

I said you couldn't repost anything I said about Belichick I'd want to take back and you took up the challenge and failed, instead posting something about Josh, which I retracted soon after long before last night.

There is no comparison between criticizing Belichick for using Revis incorrectly, his recent game plan, or his Mankins trade while Brady is getting destroyed in an instantaneously collapsed pocket.

Night and day from the bench Brady, Brady's done crowd. There is zero comparison. Everything about this team looked dreadful for the first four weeks and it was on coaching. The rest of these criticisms (Rutger JAG's, occasional arrogance) are STANDARD and have been for a long time.

Benching Brady, trade Brady, throw Brady in the pit so we can start JAG, is NOT standard.

Keep digging. It's in your head, and not in my posts.

What changed this week?

Brady stopped declining or the coaching staff actually got their act together?

I'll let you figure it out

Its funny how some people act as if the Win last night was some sort of personal victory over the "chicken littles" for them.

********. People had reasonable cause to be worried about the team, and to express their disgust with the way they played after Monday. Not to mention the ugly W against Oakland, and the L to Miami in week 1. There was a lot of reason to DISCUSS the state of the team. That's what discussion forums are meant for after all.

Anyone who didn't know a long time ago that rebuilding an O-line was going to take time from 4-8 games doesn't know a damn thing about Football.

Here we are Five games in and the rebuilding, it seems to be taking shape, with the sought improvement evident.

Even if the new RG project had to be deferred. The C problem was the immediate problem, a pocket can be created and maintained for our pocket passers to step up into, and that has been improved, The RG issue was to replace aging 33 year old Connolly, but that can be phased in over the season or to next TC, while the talented draftee understudy, now aboard, sits and learns.

What changed this week?

BSR for the win on this one

What changed this week?

Neither. A multi-game implementation plan by coaches and players is merely coming to fruition, about on schedule...

i was wondering when the first "chicken little" post was coming...that didn't take long. People have the right to complain and over react...its a @#$% message board. Just stop it with the chicken little reference already. It's @#$% annoying

Its funny how some people act as if the Win last night was some sort of personal victory over the "chicken littles" for them.

********. People had reasonable cause to be worried about the team, and to express their disgust with the way they played after Monday. Not to mention the ugly W against Oakland, and the L to Miami in week 1. There was a lot of reason to DISCUSS the state of the team. That's what discussion forums are meant for after all.

There was a lot to discuss, that is true. But, fire BB? Trade Brady? That wasn't discussion ... that was lunacy.

What changed this week?

• Pats played at home.
  • Pats got out to an early lead.
  • Pats didn't give up any turnovers.
  • O-Line actually did it's job in the pass game.
  • O-Line actually did it's job in the run game.
  • Denard was back. (probably a major factor in playing man press)
  • Collins was able to come off blocks.
  • Wendell returned from injury and played solid at guard.
  • Gronk showed significant improvement and didn't drop as many passes.
  • Wright's increased comfort with the playbook allowed for more opportunities.
  • Solder seemingly removed his head from his arse.
  • The opposing team came out flat.

Aha.. the triumphant return of the Bawking Bawksters of Boston!!! Tell us homers why it's all bad all the time, Leery Larry and Scary Mary

Aha.. the triumphant return of the Bawking Bawksters of Boston!!! Tell us homers why it's all bad all the time, Leery Larry and Scary Mary

You will be able to appreciate our local scribe, Jim Donaldson penned a nonsensical column that appeared in yesterday's edition.. no mention of Pats win, results too late for the ProJo..

You're just making things up.

I said you couldn't repost anything I said about Belichick I'd want to take back and you took up the challenge and failed, instead posting something about Josh, which I retracted soon after long before last night.

You are right...I failed. You think Belichick is an arrogant, Rutgers JAG obbsessed ******** artist in decline being covered up by Brady. Those are your words and you are standing by them. Got it.

What changed this week?

You really don't know, do you? Wow. Its the same thing that happens every year, the team improves as the season progresses. Its all phases, from coaching to players. If you are saying that it was all coaching then you really don't think very much of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe