PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heath Evans is a Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good STer, good blocker, good receiver out of the backfield, good locker room guy, great attitude.

He's a real good fit for that offense. Brees loves tossing the ball to his backs, and Evans is a RB in a FB's body.

EDIT: Incidentally, their current fullback, Matt Karney, is much more a lead-blocker type. I wonder if the Pats would bring him in if he were cut, since we seem to be establishing a power-running stable of backs.

Last edited:
I liked him and his work ethic,but objectively speaking he probably is replaceable....good luck,Heath.

Best Wishes Heath - we'll see you when the Pats beat the Saints in the SB.

Or when the Pats play in New Orleans this year :D
I like my version better.
harumph.gif

Lots of the guys liked Heath. His recent charity event in Florida had several of his teammates in attendance. Vince and Randy among them. I like him and wish him well.

Excellent Patriot, will be missed!

At least it ends their temptation to give him short-yardage carries.

Best of luck to a good guy.

Oh my god. I'm so pissed. Heath was such a class act... ugh!! Why couldn't we sign him?

He seemed like a nice guy, but I think 'saint' is taking things a bit far.

Big turnover on special teams this off-season.

With a new ST coach coming in anyways, they probably figure that now was as good a time as any.

It would be a lot of fun to see a Sam Gash kind of fullback on this roster.

At least it ends their temptation to give him short-yardage carries.

Best of luck to a good guy.

Amen. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I cringed every time I saw him take a handoff, esp. on short yardage. Either go with no FB, or sign a more versatile one.

too bad. but with Taylor, Faulk, maroney, morris, and BJGE, I don't see how they can fit another RB without cutting one.

They never used fullback that much. Maybe this Baker guy will bring back the H back.

Can Sammy Morris do a creditable job the few times we need it? Seems like we would need to get him more involved with Taylor and Maroney. Like him or not, Maroney's got to run the ball until we decide to resign him or not.

He seemed like a nice guy, but I think 'saint' is taking things a bit far.

Agreed. But Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! It's not even debatable.

Whoa! Saw the title and thought Heath was deceased. My bad.
All things considered, I liked the guy. Class act. Going to the Saints was what he needed to do to 'feed his family' in the literal and correct sense. I appreciate his contributions and character and wish him well.

Last edited:
Every year we let go of people who would have been working in a cubicle had it not been for Brady and Belichick. We revive/start so many people's career it's unbelievable. It always shows as these people tend to struggle in other systems.

Soooo many people owe their job to Brady.

I do feel kinda bad for Heath, since he made it clear that he wanted to retire a Patriot, and probably didn't leave over money. On the other hand, he got a 2 year contract, and the Saints probably overpaid for him, so that's good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News