PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heath Evans is a Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone catch Heath Evans comments in Reiss' blog. I am not sure if he's referring to the Saints or the Pats..

Heath Evans said:
At the end of the day, it just felt like, one, it was nice to be desired by a team that had their kind of success.

Anyone catch Heath Evans comments in Reiss' blog. I am not sure if he's referring to the Saints or the Pats..

He's referring to the Saints, it seems clearer when you read the blog in the Times Picayune (the NO paper.)

More specifically I'm sure he means the offense but has to be PC about it and say "team."

He's referring to the Saints, it seems clearer when you read the blog in the Times Picayune (the NO paper.)

More specifically I'm sure he means the offense but has to be PC about it and say "team."

So, Heath didn't feel desired by the Pats??? Interesting...

The Pats will do exactly that; Hochstein's success in the jumbo FB role will be a regular feature. No new FB's, but 2 back sets may be developed as we morph away from the failed practice of zone blocking. Developed to take advantage of Maroney's skills, it just never worked right for an O-line who's main job was to protect the QB. (Not to mention Maroney's shying like a horse at a fence every time he got the ball). IMO, no new RB help; BJGE may make the roster, howver.

P.S. IMO, Maroney is damaged goods. He's never been the same since the beat-down Bob Sanders gave him 2 yrs ago. If he doesn't demonstrate he can attack the hole in the first 3 games this yr., he should be cut.

The Pats already added a new RB in the form of Fred Taylor. I don't see Hochstein being the jumbo FB if he's also long snapping. Too much of a chance to get hurt.

So, Heath didn't feel desired by the Pats??? Interesting...

I think we can all assume at this point that when an athlete says that it means the other team offered more years/money.

The Pats will do exactly that; Hochstein's success in the jumbo FB role will be a regular feature. No new FB's, but 2 back sets may be developed as we morph away from the failed practice of zone blocking. Developed to take advantage of Maroney's skills, it just never worked right for an O-line who's main job was to protect the QB. (Not to mention Maroney's shying like a horse at a fence every time he got the ball). IMO, no new RB help; BJGE may make the roster, howver.

P.S. IMO, Maroney is damaged goods. He's never been the same since the beat-down Bob Sanders gave him 2 yrs ago. If he doesn't demonstrate he can attack the hole in the first 3 games this yr., he should be cut.

I disagree you are basing this on a game against the cardinals which has a horrible defence. the cardinals never adjusted to this they never pulled a LB or safety out for a DL in their.

If we do this against a good defence in the good line they will just put an extra DL and in other downs line a safety to run around hos as he is rumbling on to get to the ball carrier even before the LOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back