PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HBO Fan Life Segment - Zip (Randy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent segment. Zip was very well-spoken.

I missed meeting Zip in San Diego in 2002 by about 5 minutes while I was heating up the grill; By the time the grill was hot and I tried to find him, he had already went into the Murph. My wife went over to introduce herself earlier and fell in love with Ostend (we own a golden retriever). I hope if he takes in one of the four west coast games next year, I'll get another chance to meet him.

Regards,
Chris

WOW a very good moment for reflection.....thank you Zip, HBO, and SoCalBong..........:rocker:

Excellent segment. Zip was very well-spoken.

I missed meeting Zip in San Diego in 2002 by about 5 minutes while I was heating up the grill; By the time the grill was hot and I tried to find him, he had already went into the Murph. My wife went over to introduce herself earlier and fell in love with Ostend (we own a golden retriever). I hope if he takes in one of the four west coast games next year, I'll get another chance to meet him.

Regards,
Chris

I think he will go West next year. I'm planning at least one trip West myself despite lots of conflicting weekend activity in the fall.

I met zip in New Orleans in '02 before SB XXXVI... nicest guy in the world. His dog was a nice pup too.

Stupendous!

I wish i knew Zip too.
Imagine, "the last thing i ever saw ..."

This is why we love Bru.

This is why we love our comradeship in the Patriots.

We could all act like that ... if we try.

Wow.

Truly is great to see stories like this more often.

Great sticky, great video.

Zip, you're a part of Patriots lore!

When is it on today??? Been sans PC for 36 hours and NOT easy....

Awesome video. Bruschi is a great guy, and it looks like Zip is to... And hey, if Zip is ever looking to unload a few of his things...you know, spring cleaning and all...

:D

Wow, I'm a wreck after watching that. I remember Zip's website before any of these boards or even the newsgroups.

Just goes to show if you have passion, you can ride out anything.

I used to know Randy (I never knew him as Zip) back in the early to mid '90s when he used to do NERO (for all I know he still does NERO). He probably doesn't remember me as we never hung out but he might remember my brother Bill.

Very inspirational story.

Great stuff - thanks for posting!

I knew/know Randy as Randy, never heard anyone call him ZIP before. I knew him through NERO and used to hang out with him there. I lived to far away from him to ever get to know him in any other venue, the little I did get to know him made a very big impression.

The little documentary they did really just barely touches on him.

He is truly a great guy.

I understand he is back at NERO. Though no melee combat. Though last time I met him he could still hit you with a packet if you made any noise. My son ran in a circle around him and he hit him with 9 out of 10 packets. I can't do that and I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes