PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hated Jets and their delusional Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thats very funny. Well in 2010, when we have a new stadium it will no longer be called giants stadium smart ass.

I hate you all. You are mean and nasty.

SORRY I NEVER SAID THIS!!! THE MODS EDITED AND ADDED THIS IN MY POST.

Ok so i got banned by the MODS for defending my point of view. And i think its really funny that YOUR mods actually changed and edited my post. How low is that? I mean havent you guys ever heard of freedom of speech? I guess not!

Another Post that was edited and changed by the mods. This sounds too gay, which would never come out of my mouth.

You are lying......... any time a post gets edited, by mod, and admin, or a user its CLEARLY displayed at the bottom of the post (see the bottom of this post). Typical JETS fan....... When you start making an ass out of yourself, you create a diversion and hope no-one notices. Hey, kinda sounds like your coach :singing:

Are all JETS fans such ****ing babies?......

crybaby.png

Last edited:
JetsFan78 said:
Ok so i got banned by the MODS for defending my point of view. And i think its really funny that YOUR mods actually changed and edited my post. How low is that? I mean havent you guys ever heard of freedom of every individual to make a total fool of himself? I guess not!

Edited your post? Hard to believe. ;)

Re: Hated jaets and their delusional Fans

I DON'T CARE!
No offense Az, but I loath that team. Their suffering makes me smile. :)
I hope that they continue to suffer as long as Manjudas is their head coach.
After reading about that Gate D debacle at their stadium, I loath them even more. I don't know how other women feel, but I find it disgusting. That is one stadium that I will never visit.

Maybe next year I'll be more rational.

Yeah, stay away from the Meadowlands. I hear Giants Stadium is nice, though. :D

Only if/when BB/Brady depart might the Pats relinquish their stranglehold on the division. Resistance is futile.

I fixed your post for you. :)

Jets fans ARE delusional. Anything other than "This is embarrassing, we stink" would be blind delusion for you in 2007.

It is what it is. You can put all the lipstick on that pig you want, it's still a pig.

Et tu, shmessy? Et tu?

The history of the Jet organization offers many lessons on how not to run a franchise. A detailed study of Jet mismanagement should be an entry level course for all aspiring young GMs.
Here's the thing, though - nearly every team has gone through a "joke" phase. The Patriots had GRAND cycles of it; right until the time Bill Parcells came around and showed Patriots fans how quickly you could go from laughers to contenders; and, he did much the same with the Jets. Then the Krafts came in. Professionals. Businessmen. Running a business, albeit in the framework of sport. Go figure. They parleyed the upward Parcells swing into a stable franchise and a top earner. Just the opposite happened with the Jets. We reached a height in the late 1990's and then took on new ownership that, frankly, knows not what it wants to be - Robert Kraft or William Clay Ford.

Meanwhile, Mike Brown plays solitaire on his computer all day, dreams of his Dad's glory days, and rakes in cash. He knows very well what he wants to be.

Meanwhile, Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy play checkers, listen to the Victrola, and ponder how many gravy fries they'll sell in Toronto. It wasn't too long ago those two guys were making plans (again) for their Superbowl trip. But now, they've forgotten where they put the keys for where they want to be.

Meanwhile, Wayne Huizenga wonders why he should care, if none of the residents of Miami - including every Post-Shula coach - even care if they win. He can't find anyone where he wants to be.

The list goes on. . . . .

Gloat because you have a stable team. But at least gloat honestly, appreciating the turbulent past.

Here's the thing, though - nearly every team has gone through a "joke" phase. The Patriots had GRAND cycles of it; right until the time Bill Parcells came around and showed Patriots fans how quickly you could go from laughers to contenders; and, he did much the same with the Jets. Then the Krafts came in. Professionals. Businessmen. Running a business, albeit in the framework of sport. Go figure. They parleyed the upward Parcells swing into a stable franchise and a top earner. Just the opposite happened with the Jets. We reached a height in the late 1990's and then took on new ownership that, frankly, knows not what it wants to be - Robert Kraft or William Clay Ford.

Meanwhile, Mike Brown plays solitaire on his computer all day, dreams of his Dad's glory days, and rakes in cash. He knows very well what he wants to be.

Meanwhile, Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy play checkers, listen to the Victrola, and ponder how many gravy fries they'll sell in Toronto. It wasn't too long ago those two guys were making plans (again) for their Superbowl trip. But now, they've forgotten where they put the keys for where they want to be.

Meanwhile, Wayne Huizenga wonders why he should care, if none of the residents of Miami - including every Post-Shula coach - even care if they win. He can't find anyone where he wants to be.

Gloat because you have a stable team. But at least gloat honestly, appreciating the turbulent past.
The problem for the jets is they have been a perpetual joke. When have the jests ever had a renisance period of prosperity? They haven't and it doesn't look like it going to happen anytime soon. The Patriots were known as Patsies for quite a long time.But in reality since their inception they're record says other wise. The same can't be said for the Rats.

I have been over to the jets boards to get a sense of where they think that they are.

While it's fun to watch the Jets and their fans twist in the wind, where do you come down on their dilemma?:confused:

I have a fond spot in my heart for all the old AFL teams. I can remember as
a young man rooting for the Jets against the Colts in SBIII. I can't understand
the mentality for the 'hating' of most teams (except the Steelers!:D ). I am
a closet Jets fan as well, except when they play the Pats! How can you not
have a fond spot in your heart for the 'border wars'? It used to be great football
when they were competitive. Now, with the exception of the Mangini episode,
this would be the most boring game of the year.

Last edited:

That's a very reasonable post. I agree with it completely.

In the entire history of the jets, the only coaches EVER to have a winning record were Bill Parcells, and (for the one year after Bill left) Al Groh.
That's it. Think about that. And Parcells was only there 3 years.
ALL of the other coaches had losing records! ALL OF THEM !!!!

Even the guy they worship - Weeb Ewbank, had a losing record with them!!

They are 74 games games under .500 all time.
In the afc, only the bengals are more games under .500 lifetime, at 79 under.

They have been total losers since thier inception, and there is no sign it will change any time soon.

The problem for the jets is they have been a perpetual joke. When have the jests ever had a renisance period of prosperity? They haven't and it doesn't look like it going to happen anytime soon. The Patriots were known as Patsies for quite a long time.But in reality since their inception they're record says other wise. The same can't be said for the Rats.
Tough time for me to be making this argument and, conversely, a very easy time for you to use the label "joke," but I think the last decade is as close to a "renaissance period" as you'll see any team enjoy.

The Jets' Glory Years would, of course, be the late 1960's, which did as much to shape the current NFL as anything or anyone else. Over the last ten years, though, the Jets have only suffered two losing seasons and have had five playoff appearances, two division titles, and have played in one AFC championship game. The list of teams that could say the same isn't long. This will, of course, be the third losing season in the last eleven, so looking backward is what I do best, for the moment. It also shouldn't be understated that the Jets did this during the era where the Patriots were winning divisions and championships by the fistful. That's significant, considering how fragile stability can be in the NFL.

The point here is that the Jets are an easy target right now, and restating what I posted earlier, EVERY team endures "joke" years; however, your perspective (as a Patriots fan) is unique and, in this case, your particular perspective is myopic. The argument you make about the Jets you can make about all but maybe a handful of teams in the Modern Era - Packers, Steelers, Niners, Cowboys, Broncos, Patriots and, I guess, the Colts. Everyone else gets brief gulps of this Renaissance-thingy of which you speak, but that's all.

You neglect the fact that the Patriots made it to the SB in the 80s, the 90s, hardly a sorry franchise compared to one that hasn't sniffed a SB since the leagues merged back when Nixon was first president.

You neglect the fact that the Patriots made it to the SB in the 80s, the 90s, hardly a sorry franchise compared to one that hasn't sniffed a SB since the leagues merged back when Nixon was first president.

Didn't neglect it at all. You missed my point, though. That certainly doesn't help any.

I think 'refuted' was the correct verb.

I imagine it is - for whatever you're trying to argue. My post, though, was about an entirely different matter. I could copy and paste, but that's such a waste of bandwidth.

I am very mindful of the sewage from which we crawled. Nor am I gloating, I actually thought my post was objective and the majority of long time Jet fans would agree with my hypothesis about the troubled history of their organization after a moment of epic glory. I think my advice was sound: take the franchise QB in this draft! Aren't you concerned that these young turks in charge of your Jets will be unable to acknowledge past mistakes as a matter of pride, and put all their eggs, and the hearts of their fans, in the Kellen Clemens basket? To my eyes Clemens upside is not an elite, franchise QB. If he ever becomes as serviceable, courageous and capable as Pennington was he will be fortunate. I believe the problem was not Pennington, but the Jets atrocious defense, and Mangini sacrificed Pennington, making him the scapegoat for his own poor defensive coaching and personnel management along the D-line. Very few, if any, franchise Qbs have begun their careers, in their 2nd season in the NFL, as poorly as Clemens has played these past few games, no matter the circumstances or the quality of team for which they played. IMO if Matt Ryan is available the Jets should draft him. But they won't. Mangini does not embrace risk of that magnitude, he prefers the hum drum middle road that leads to second place, except when he gets the opportunity to backstab his mentor. Entering this season, his strategy for leapfrogging the Pats was to ambush BB with the Spygate nonsense and whip up sufficient outcry in the press and league circles to force BB's resignation or termination. He had a few willing accomplices among the Pats' rivals in the competition committee. Brilliant, if it works. An indication of a real sewer rat if it fails. And it did.

I am very mindful of the sewage from which we crawled. Nor am I gloating, I actually thought my post was objective and the majority of long time Jet fans would agree with my hypothesis about the troubled history of their organization after a moment of epic glory. I think my advice was sound: take the franchise QB in this draft! Aren't you concerned that these young turks in charge of your Jets will be unable to acknowledge past mistakes as a matter of pride, and put all their eggs, and the hearts of their fans, in the Kellen Clemens basket? To my eyes Clemens upside is not an elite, franchise QB. If he ever becomes as serviceable, courageous and capable as Pennington was he will be fortunate. I believe the problem was not Pennington, but the Jets atrocious defense, and Mangini sacrificed Pennington, making him the scapegoat for his own poor defensive coaching and personnel management along the D-line. Very few, if any, franchise Qbs have begun their careers, in their 2nd season in the NFL, as poorly as Clemens has played these past few games, no matter the circumstances or the quality of team for which they played. IMO if Matt Ryan is available the Jets should draft him. But they won't. Mangini does not embrace risk of that magnitude, he prefers the hum drum middle road that leads to second place, except when he gets the opportunity to backstab his mentor. Entering this season, his strategy for leapfrogging the Pats was to ambush BB with the Spygate nonsense and whip up sufficient outcry in the press and league circles to force BB's resignation or termination. He had a few willing accomplices among the Pats' rivals in the competition committee. Brilliant, if it works. An indication of a real sewer rat if it fails. And it did.
No, yours was a fair post. My comments weren't intended as argument against your point, and perhaps spoke as much to the title to this thread as anything else. You just gave me a segue.

Clemens is a concern of mine. Not as much because of what I've seen on the field this season, if you can believe that. My concern is really with the position of quarterback. That cycle of sucking that I mentioned most teams endure? Well, maybe the biggest influences on that is the quarterback position. Teams draft their quarterback of the future and I think stick with that guy too long. A team can lose five years waiting for a Joey Harrington or David Carr to bloom before they finally figure out that, although he may be "good," his best lacks that certain something that will bring you to a championship game. Kellen Clemens could end up costing me two more seasons of false hope, if he can't cut it. Part of me - a BIG part of me - thinks that, unless your quarterback shows flashes of greatness in his first few starts, he may never get you anywhere. The argument against this theory is Peyton Manning or John Elway. The argument supporting it is Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisburger, or Tony Romo.

I like Matt Ryan. I like that he can make any throw imaginable, but even more than that, I like that he doesn't have quit in him. Ask me in a few months whether I'd draft him. It might not be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST