PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has ESPN declared WAR on the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to admit, i love the empire state program network bashing. they have sucked for such a long time. finally, people see what i have seen for years. espn is now and has always been a bunch of suckass, douchebags. look what they did to manny. because he was a yankee killer they couldn't run him out of boston fast enough. i say we join bb in this fight. f espn !!

Ironically fans of just about every other NFL team also think that espn hates their favorite team, and loves some other team. Many even think that espn loves the Pats based on the amount of time they talk about them. I think much of that may be due to the dumbing down of their content in an attempt to reach as large an audience as possible.

I haven't clicked on the ESPN website since the SuperBowl. By clicking you give them what they want. Hits that translate into advertising dollars. (Kind of like still buying the Horrald at a News Stand or subscribing to that rag) Why? Why do it? Why help them?

I haven't watched anything on ESPN TV except for specific sports events either.

In fact, I find that the only way I learn what's happening on ESPN is by visiting this Board.

Suggestion: many of you would be a lot happier if you just did what I have done and decided to ignore them.

Just a thought.

So are you saying the Patriots shouldn't keep No. 12 upright? What's the alternative, have him throw from his back.

The implication is that ESPN hacks don't feel that Pats CAN keep Brady upright. Thus they are saying we suck and will go 8-8 at best. And that's just the beginning. I'm sure we're going to see more moronic predictions about how the Pats are going to revert to a mediocre team and how they can't recover from losing to the Giants. I'm just sick of seeing ESPN as the medium for all this bashing. And as much as I don't like their bias, ESPN does carry a lot of coverage for other sports. So I'm pretty much stuck with them for daily sports news info.

ESPN probably wasn't too happy with Robert Kraft's support and promotion of the NFL network for obvious reasons. That being said, they have digressed into sensational sports reporting, (no surprise) which BB and the Kraft's don't have a lot of regard for.

The implication is that ESPN hacks don't feel that Pats CAN keep Brady upright. Thus they are saying we suck and will go 8-8 at best. And that's just the beginning. I'm sure we're going to see more moronic predictions about how the Pats are going to revert to a mediocre team and how they can't recover from losing to the Giants. I'm just sick of seeing ESPN as the medium for all this bashing. And as much as I don't like their bias, ESPN does carry a lot of coverage for other sports. So I'm pretty much stuck with them for daily sports news info.

Ok, what Moron said the Pats were going 8-8? Seriously. He did it for one reason if he did, to be "controversial" there is no way, on this earth that any football talking head who really wants a job this year would say that. Its a ridiculous statement and is said for shock value only. I listen to the ESPN Podcasts at work and I have never heard anyone say the Pats would be 8-8, in fact everyone of them agrees the Pats win the AFC East and are Playoff Bound. The arguement about the East is now who will take 2nd, the Bills or Jets.

Now if Moss tears his hamstring week 3 AND Brady breaks 2 fingers on this throwing hand AND the Dline suffers a major loss to a starter....then by week 6 people can talk about the Pats not making a run at the title. But otherwise, the football world pretty much agrees, the Pats are still in the hunt. And I haven't heard anything to the contrary on ESPN...However, I did hear a lot of people Pick the Browns to win the AFC North. Should I accuse them of Hating on the Steelers?

People have always hated the New England Patriots and they probably always will.

Ok, what Moron said the Pats were going 8-8? Seriously. He did it for one reason if he did, to be "controversial" there is no way, on this earth that any football talking head who really wants a job this year would say that. Its a ridiculous statement and is said for shock value only. I listen to the ESPN Podcasts at work and I have never heard anyone say the Pats would be 8-8, in fact everyone of them agrees the Pats win the AFC East and are Playoff Bound. The arguement about the East is now who will take 2nd, the Bills or Jets.

Now if Moss tears his hamstring week 3 AND Brady breaks 2 fingers on this throwing hand AND the Dline suffers a major loss to a starter....then by week 6 people can talk about the Pats not making a run at the title. But otherwise, the football world pretty much agrees, the Pats are still in the hunt. And I haven't heard anything to the contrary on ESPN...However, I did hear a lot of people Pick the Browns to win the AFC North. Should I accuse them of Hating on the Steelers?

Wilbon threw out 9-7. What an uninformed moron.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=83916

He should never comment on football again. Stick to your Cubbies Micheal and don't make ANY Vegas bets.

I haven't clicked on the ESPN website since the SuperBowl. By clicking you give them what they want. Hits that translate into advertising dollars. (Kind of like still buying the Horrald at a News Stand or subscribing to that rag) Why? Why do it? Why help them?

In fact, I find that the only way I learn what's happening on ESPN is by visiting this Board.

Suggestion: many of you would be a lot happier if you just did what I have done and decided to ignore them.

Just a thought.

Exactly...and I don't miss it a bit. In fact its (expletive) great to not hear the talking heads whose cumulative IQ is deficient at best. The huge ego's make it untenable even if they were good at what they did. The bottom line is they suck in almost every regard, but they are the 'only game in town', almost a monopoly. Because they have whooped up on the competition they think they are the best. Make no mistake, they started diligently but throughout the years they have eroded and regressed in fantastic fashion. Like the emperor with no clothes they can no longer see past their vanity. I think they are now mostly narcissistic, arrogant, whining, pathetic liars with a less-than-average skill set for their profession.

Don't watch...it's self abuse!

Exactly...and I don't miss it a bit. In fact its (expletive) great to not hear the talking heads whose cumulative IQ is deficient at best. The huge ego's make it untenable even if they were good at what they did. The bottom line is they suck in almost every regard, but they are the 'only game in town', almost a monopoly. Because they have whooped up on the competition they think they are the best. Make no mistake, they started diligently but throughout the years they have eroded and regressed in fantastic fashion. Like the emperor with no clothes they can no longer see past their vanity. I think they are now mostly narcissistic, arrogant, whining, pathetic liars with a less-than-average skill set for their profession.

Don't watch...it's self abuse!

Very nice. I agree wholeheartedly on every point you make. They act like they are the kings of sports journalism and use their power like they are gods.

Self abuse is correct!!

I caught SportsCenter this morning - if this wasn't proof that ESPN has it in for the Pats then I don't know what is. When Tom Brady's injury came up, they had a THIRTY-SECOND highlight reel of him getting killed in the Super Bowl! I kid you not! Then they closed with a graphic of how many times he was hit in the playoffs, and the announcers pointed out that "SB42 was won by.....the Super Bowl Champion Giants!"

Now when Peyton Manning's injury came up in the next segment, no reel of him getting hit, no mention of last year, just as generous as a network can be.

The show closed on a poll which asked what QB is more important to their team. Linda Cohn said, and I quote, "America thinks Peyton Manning is more valuable than Tom Brady."

When I really think about it, maybe ESPN isn't necessarily anti-Pats, but they know a lot viewers are, so they are just feeding the haters....but I'm sure they don't care for the Pats that much anyway.

I caught SportsCenter this morning - if this wasn't proof that ESPN has it in for the Pats then I don't know what is. When Tom Brady's injury came up, they had a THIRTY-SECOND highlight reel of him getting killed in the Super Bowl! I kid you not! Then they closed with a graphic of how many times he was hit in the playoffs, and the announcers pointed out that "SB42 was won by.....the Super Bowl Champion Giants!"

Now when Peyton Manning's injury came up in the next segment, no reel of him getting hit, no mention of last year, just as generous as a network can be.

The show closed on a poll which asked what QB is more important to their team. Linda Cohn said, and I quote, "America thinks Peyton Manning is more valuable than Tom Brady."

When I really think about it, maybe ESPN isn't necessarily anti-Pats, but they know a lot viewers are, so they are just feeding the haters....but I'm sure they don't care for the Pats that much anyway.

Its not personal with those guys. Whether or not they like the Pats, who knows? I doubt it. But one thing is for certain. Their WALLETS love New England.

Its not personal with those guys. Whether or not they like the Pats, who knows? I doubt it. But one thing is for certain. Their WALLETS love New England.

Maybe we should take our money away from their wallets. I've already done that. I've closed my insider account, and canceled my subscription to that BS magazine of theirs. Like the Herald, they are dead to me. It has done wonders for my blood pressure and overall disposition. :D

People have always hated the New England Patriots and they probably always will.

Nobody other than AFC East fans hated the Pats until rather recently. If a team really lives up to the "Patsies" label, there's really no reason to hate them.

Just a thought.

TAKE A BOW!! We must be soulmates. :D
They have been on ignore in my household for over two years. I have no use for any programming associated with that Network.
If ESPN has declared war on my team, then I declare WAR ON THEM. All Patriots fans should declare war on them. I want sensible, informative Sports Coverage, not sensational, tabloid CRAP. If I want to expose my mind to that ****, then I'll go buy the National
Enquirer. Sports is supposed to be fun. These bums are trying very hard to take all of the fun out of it.

Last edited:
There is one caveat.

I love watching the clowns try to explain away Indy defeats... with tears in their eyes.

Maybe we should take our money away from their wallets. I've already done that. I've closed my insider account, and canceled my subscription to that BS magazine of theirs. Like the Herald, they are dead to me. It has done wonders for my blood pressure and overall disposition. :D

Absolutely. And, don't click on their website, it drives up their ad dollars.

And, for the life of me, I can't imagine why any Pats fan would put a dime into the Herald's pockets after what it did at the SB. No web page hits. No subscriptions and no newsstand purchases. Life is simpler and we can buy a present for our kids or a beer at the bar with the money.

ESPN is doing what they've been doing for years...they create the news, they do not report it. Pandering to a less than informed sorts fan base is what makes them popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe