PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN has lost 10 Million subscribers since 2013 and 1.5 Million over the last 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'd be amazed how few people actually know this.

It's even worse in Canada because of vertical integration. CRTC(FCC Equivalent) allowed three major telecom companies to buy 3 of the major Canadian stations. The only reason the towers are still up is because they have to have them. When Canada transitioned from analogue to digital in 2011 the telecom companies got the news to make it sound like they were shutting the towers down. If you ask most Canadians if it's possible to get local stations for free in HD most of them would be shocked. Some would question if it's legal.

I hate the CRTC. Absolutely incompetent. Their incompetence is the reason Canadians are paying some of the highest rates in the world for Internet. Cut the cord? Not so fast! They'll just raise the internet prices! Which is what they've done. That's how they cover the hit they take from cord cutters in Canada.

18s4xja8tr5x6jpg.jpg

"Gone...gone ...gone...gone..gone ...gone ...gone....

On the other side of the coin, more government interference is leading to more sites being shut down, and more centralization of the internet, and that's a huge negative.

Out of curiosity which sites are you referring to?

These days I rarely watch ESPN other than Monday Night Football when my Pats play.
Hell a lot of young folks watch these games online through online streams and thats why ESPN is losing revenue.
ESPN doesn't entertain me like it once did. These days ESPN just brings so much drama/crap it feels like I am watching CNN all over again. They don't make good content anymore.

Fox Sports and Bein Sports are my favorite channels...Fox sports mainly for UFC.

Hell a lot of young folks watch these games online through online streams and thats why ESPN is losing revenue.
I think BSPN is losing a lot of revenue because a lot of "young folks" don't value cable TV, ESPN or the NFL as highly as older generations do. They've grown up with a lot more options for things to do. Even those who like it a lot aren't in general going to put down the cash that a decent CATV package goes for these days.

We usually have a thread here on patsfans.com each year as the season starts about what NFL options you get once you decide to cut the cable. Clearly if you can catch an over-the-air signal and you're in the Pats home market you can get what you need for free. Once you move beyond that, your options get pretty limited pretty quickly. From what I've read most of the free illegal streams aren't very reliable.

Cry me a friggin river... I worked as a consultant on the ESPN website back in 2008 or so. A couple things about that experience: I know it's a bit ironic, but every other cube in Bristol is decorated with Patriots decor. It's pretty close to a Patriots shrine over there.

Granted that this was a while ago, but in the meetings I attended where executives were present, they spoke very dismissively of sports sites like bleacher report, etc that have more of a user-generated content model. Seems that ESPN is still clinging to this old model that fans enjoy these brash big-name personalities of their editors/spokespeople. The reality is they are losing market share because they are perceived as obnoxious trolls.

I... I just can't...

Can someone who still visits ESPN.com confirm the authenticity of this?

I... I just can't...

Brady's defamation case is becoming a slam dunk.

I... I just can't...

I'm guessing that the one sure-fire way for that garbage network to get any attention anymore is by trollng the Patriots. They probably get more hits/comments on their website with Patriots - related material than anything else

I... I just can't...

What program did they use for this, Adobe? Such a jr. High school output.

If I'm Tom, I simply never give an ESPN reporter an interview. He doesn't need them nearly as much as they do him, especially nowadays.

I really can't say how happy this makes me. Of all the sh.tbag so called networks ESPN is the lowest. I will celebrate their last day on the air.

Low life @ssholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back