PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has ESPN declared WAR on the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I don't love a good old ESPN hate-fest, but aren't they kinda right this time? I mean, if Brady goes down, the Pats are pretty much screwed. Of course, that's always been true, so I'm not really sure why it would become a point of emphasis now.

It's a point of emphasis because he carried the team last year, and it didn't become fully apparent until now just how bad of shape we're in at backup QB.

What's interesting is how ESPN fawns all over the Red Sox and $h!t$ on the Pats. I guess that makes them "evenhanded".

Last edited:
Last year it was the "Spygate" affair, all fueled by the hype of ESPN sportscenter. Not to mention the rams walkthrough tape hype before the SB (although that is mostly Tomase who broke it, ESPN merely blew it up even more).

This year they are cracking down on the Pats just after their second preseason game. Saying junk like they have to keep #12 upright! For chrissakes it's preseason. Why all the HATE for the Pats from the four letter sports network?? It's as if they are targeting the Pats organization to find as much negative stuff as possible. Am I the only one who feels this way lately?

good, **** em. it will piss them off even more when they start kicking ass all over the nfl again. i dont give a hot **** about epsn and the bull**** they spit out. tom brady and BB do not respect espn and they shouldn't because they are idiots. they have no lives they live off the pats. they have awful nfl coverage, sportscenter sucks ****, the radio shows they have are unlistenable (ever tried to tune into jason smith? i would rather eat my own poop for a week then hear a segment of that trash) and the rag of a magazine....well we prob all know how much that sucks. that is what did it for me with epsn was the mag after the 02 super bowl win they had some ******* nascar driver on the cover of the next issue. **** those worthless bastards, **** em. i dont watch espn, i dont listen to it or read it, i do not even use the website **** em

It never ceases to amaze me how much a sizable chunk of our fan base are such a bunch of thin skinned ****ies. The media doens't like our team? Who cares? I mean really, who cares?

BB had a problem with something tom jackson said on espn a few years back and let him know it. i suppose he is a big ***** also

False. ESPN - (as well an many other media outlets) where rooting for the pats in 2001. Also, from 2001 - 2004 the Patriots where hailed as the best thing since sliced bread. Some key terms off the top of my head that espn "experts" used to desribe the patriots and their players: Classy, Patriots type of player (when talking about a hardworking and classy NFL player), winners, first class, NFL's best, ice water in his veins (Brady), the standard (when it comes to drafting), hard working, genius (Belichick), Dynasty, etc-etc....

Some of you guys work so hard on finding things to whine about, your forget that we where hailed as the greatest modern day team ever. Everyone is not going to love you forever, and kiss your ass when you are on top all the time. Just like people got sick of the Lakers, the Celtics, the Cowboy and the Yankees, they are getting sick of the Patriots. Get over it and embrace it, the more you win, the more people hate.

Truth... reality.... wonderful things to interject into a conversation.

good, **** em. it will piss them off even more when they start kicking ass all over the nfl again. i dont give a hot **** about epsn and the bull**** they spit out. tom brady and BB do not respect espn and they shouldn't because they are idiots. they have no lives they live off the pats. they have awful nfl coverage, sportscenter sucks ****, the radio shows they have are unlistenable (ever tried to tune into jason smith? i would rather eat my own poop for a week then hear a segment of that trash) and the rag of a magazine....well we prob all know how much that sucks. that is what did it for me with epsn was the mag after the 02 super bowl win they had some ******* nascar driver on the cover of the next issue. **** those worthless bastards, **** em. i dont watch espn, i dont listen to it or read it, i do not even use the website **** em

I'm not sure I read correctly - do you hate ESPN? :D

Last year it was the "Spygate" affair, all fueled by the hype of ESPN sportscenter. Not to mention the rams walkthrough tape hype before the SB (although that is mostly Tomase who broke it, ESPN merely blew it up even more).

This year they are cracking down on the Pats just after their second preseason game. Saying junk like they have to keep #12 upright! For chrissakes it's preseason. Why all the HATE for the Pats from the four letter sports network?? It's as if they are targeting the Pats organization to find as much negative stuff as possible. Am I the only one who feels this way lately?

I see this as many things being true at the same time.The Patriots DO have to keep Tom Brady upright .ESPN DOES have an Anti Patriots Bias,and this has been true for several years dating back to when Tom Jackson said,"They hate their coach" ESPN is LOADED with New York Fans working there and their New York slant comes shining through.
To be fair ,Michael Felger on WEEI did exactly the same thing yesterday but at least in his case ,We can write this off to Him simply being a MORON !

Last edited:

What's ESPN? I am not familar with that......:mad:

I lived out in the boonies growing up. Never had anything but abc, cbs, and nbc until my senior year in highschool when we got a dish. I watched sportcenter religiously everyday , soaking up everything sports related. About 3 months ago, I stopped watching ESPN and haven't missed it at all. While all their spygate crap annoyed me like crazy, I was still trying to get some other sports news.
However, that's not possible anymore. They rarely actually talk about sports news and facts at all. Their lead in is the exact same format that Entertainment Tonight uses(from my wife, not me) and their analysts besides steve philips and jaws are pathetically awful. It's not a sports nescast anymore, it's an entertainment show.

What's ESPN? I am not familar with that......:mad:

It's a cable sports channel that employs analysts that know little to nothing about the Patriots but who constantly (according to posters here) opine incorrectly about the outlook for the NE Patriots' season. Why anyone sane would waste their time subjecting themselves to such uninformed idiocy perplexes me since their very viewing increases TV ratings which increases revenue and makes the thing they whine about more successful. Go figure.

"failure to protect Brady"?

You do realize that the Pats gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL last year. Also, his ankle injury happened when without a defender within 5 yards of him. "Unprotected" QB's do not set NFL records for offensive production.

I am going to go out on a limb here:

TB will be sacked this year.

It's a cable sports channel that employs analysts that know little to nothing about the Patriots but who constantly (according to posters here) opine incorrectly about the outlook for the NE Patriots' season. Why anyone sane would waste their time subjecting themselves to such uninformed idiocy perplexes me since their very viewing increases TV ratings which increases revenue and makes the thing they whine about more successful. Go figure.

Yeah, I think the 'E' stands for Entertainment which comes before the 'S' which I believe stands for Sports. Odd choice for a Disney-owned network.

If you people truly have so much loathing for ESPN, Peter King, Tomase and the like, stop watching/listening to/reading them. It's really a very simple solution.

Last edited:
You people do realize that other fans of other teams think ESPN has a love affair with the Patriots?

I'm not one of them, I think ESPN is pretty even in covering every one, and every story. I like it when they tear apart the Bengals especially. And with Henry ready to sign back on with Cincy, that should be some great bashing this weekend.

But really, its all in how you interpret what is said. "The Steelers are in trouble if they can't protect Big Ben"...well...No Shiiiiit Jackhole....Every team is in trouble if their starting QB gets his spine busted. Geesh. "The Rams need to hurry up and Get Steven Jackson into camp!"...Duh...he's only a nightmare creature dressed in a human disguise that is one of the most underated yet dominating running backs in the league right now...no...they should keep him out of camp...duh..."Will Payton Manning need to take reps in the pre-season to get his timing down"...No fool...Manning is one of the most physically skilled qbs in the game...his body will revert to form and his arm and timing will be just fine, he's proven it year in and year out. "Will Brett Favre make the Jets Better"....seriously...Asking if a future hall of famer is better than a noodle arm like Pennington...honestly...

See, each of those teams could say they are being bashed, or loved. Mute the TV, watch the highlights.

Every mediot is at WAR with our Patriots. Firstly, because they have been the greatest DYNASTY in a decade......secondly....they have an arrogance that mediots can attack and get ratings........think of any of your friends that are fans of other teams....they HATE the Pats because they are so good....and their teams suck year after year.......They can't wait to hear negative things about NE....and salivate for it......thus the attacks from ESPN and the like....it is all about RATINGS!!!!.....F' the media

Not putting on my tinfoil hat or anything, but the stock ESPN highlight showed and described Cassel's "interception" on his first pass. Guess "Cassel threw incomplete" didn't fit the theme of the segment.

I saw that too! I couldn't believe that was just sloppy reporting.

Reporters on a whole are very tanletless people, think about ti, they have no talent, so they report on those that do. The jealousy that they feel openly about all of these "idiot" athletes making millions of dollars is almost visiual at times (Think Shaunessey and everyone on the Red Sox). So when the best team in the NFL, shuts them out, (Like BB does) the very first chance they got to turn on them, they did. Look, why do the heap so much praise on a guy who hasn't won a Superbowl, since Bill Parcells was too busy faxing out his resume, than to coach his team? Look at Favre, addicted to pain killers (does that ever get brought up?) held Green Bay hostage (ps the only team in the league that anyone could do that with, because in any of the other clubs the owner, would have made Favre, poo or get off the pot), and now he is going to be the savior of the Jets. I'm gald to see Pennington go, he always played well against the Pats.

I will absolutely die laughing on opening day, if Pennington leads the Phins over the Jets!!!!

Last edited:
I've never watched ESPN but if they're saying the Pats need to keep Brady upright, I agree. The alternative is Cassel or worse. A less than .500 team.

Now this comment was "dead on" accurate......Brady is the key to our success overall....Cassel is awful and we would be cooked if he had to come in.......I think Gutz could get it done possibly.....like BB...I really like what I have seen from him...great poise and fire out there. But, that having been said...first and foremost our first priority is keeping Tom healthy!

You people do realize that other fans of other teams think ESPN has a love affair with the Patriots?

Yeah, that's the thing I don't understand. There is a decent segment of the population who think ESPN loves the Pats, Mike Florio is a closet Patriots fan, and Goodell took care of his good friend Bob Kraft and went easy on the Patriots during spygate by giving them a "slap on the wrist" (in what world is a first round pick and $750k penalty a slap on the wrist?).

It never ceases to amaze me how much a sizable chunk of our fan base are such a bunch of thin skinned ****ies. The media doesn't like our team? Who cares? I mean really, who cares?
you miss the point totally. who cares if espn hates the pats. but is it to much to ask that espn be honest and report the facts. i could call that station and say bb and tom brady are going to be married and they wouldn't bother to verify the story. they would run with it like it was fact .they have zero credibility and lack any professionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes