PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has ESPN declared WAR on the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I think that ESPN does show spite towards the Patriots. ESPN is a major media sports outlet, and the Pats head coach is widley known for being very cold to reporters. He comes off as disinterested and arrogant, giving no good sound bytes. I think it is this reason that ESPN hates the Pats.

I'll steal a line from the Dark Knight...."You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain."

Just think, the Pats were the blue-collar darlings of the NFL earlier this decade and now are the bad boys of the NFL.

I agree completly. FESPN has had a war on the Pats since 2001 when BB became coach.

They are a waste of journalistic talent and not one Patriots fan should read them.....

False. ESPN - (as well an many other media outlets) where rooting for the pats in 2001. Also, from 2001 - 2004 the Patriots where hailed as the best thing since sliced bread. Some key terms off the top of my head that espn "experts" used to desribe the patriots and their players: Classy, Patriots type of player (when talking about a hardworking and classy NFL player), winners, first class, NFL's best, ice water in his veins (Brady), the standard (when it comes to drafting), hard working, genius (Belichick), Dynasty, etc-etc....

Some of you guys work so hard on finding things to whine about, your forget that we where hailed as the greatest modern day team ever. Everyone is not going to love you forever, and kiss your ass when you are on top all the time. Just like people got sick of the Lakers, the Celtics, the Cowboy and the Yankees, they are getting sick of the Patriots. Get over it and embrace it, the more you win, the more people hate.

Last edited:
False.... Espn - (as well an many media outlets) where rooting for the pats in 2001. Also, from 2001 - 2004 the patriots where hailed as the best thing since sliced bread. Some key terms of the top of my head that espn "experts" used to desribe the patriots, and their players: Classy, Patriots type of player (when talking about a hardworking and classy NFL player), winners, first class, NFL's best, ice water in his veins ( Brady), the standard ( when it comes to drafting), hard working, genius (Belichick), Dynasty, etc-etc....

Some of you guys work so hard on finding things to whine about, your forget that we where hailed as the greatest modern day team ever.

Everyone is not going to love you forever, and kiss your ass when you are on top all the time. Just like people got sick of the Lakers, the Celtics, the Cowboy and the Yankees, they are getting sick of the Patriots. Get over it and embrace it, the more you win, the more people hate.

Very true. I was wrong then with my impression of ESPN. I guess my issue with them has been since the Spygate fiasco, IMO they have had a real bone to grind with the Patriots and it is still showing today.

But I would agree with your last statement :

"Everyone is not going to love you forever, and kiss your ass when you are on top all the time. Just like people got sick of the Lakers, the Celtics, the Cowboy and the Yankees, they are getting sick of the Patriots. Get over it and embrace it, the more you win, the more people hate."

Last year it was the "Spygate" affair, all fueled by the hype of ESPN sportscenter. Not to mention the rams walkthrough tape hype before the SB (although that is mostly Tomase who broke it, ESPN merely blew it up even more).

This year they are cracking down on the Pats just after their second preseason game. Saying junk like they have to keep #12 upright! For chrissakes it's preseason. Why all the HATE for the Pats from the four letter sports network?? It's as if they are targeting the Pats organization to find as much negative stuff as possible. Am I the only one who feels this way lately?

Over react much?

You may have noticed we've signed about 87 linemen off the waiver list. Combined with our failure to protect Brady last year, that's a story.

People go to ESPN for stories.

Do you think they hate Green Bay and Brett Favre too?

I have no idea why any Patriot fan would waste their time reading, listening or watching any programming associated with ESPN.
im with you. i only watch espn when there is no alternative[broadcasting the game]i watch some baseball coverage but thats it. i never never ever watch any of there pathetic football coverage or shows. i hate that station as much as i hate the yankees lakers canadians jets combined.:mad:

Very true. I was wrong then with my impression of ESPN. I guess my issue with them has been since the Spygate fiasco, IMO they have had a real bone to grind with the Patriots and it is still showing today.

But I would agree with your last statement :

"Everyone is not going to love you forever, and kiss your ass when you are on top all the time. Just like people got sick of the Lakers, the Celtics, the Cowboy and the Yankees, they are getting sick of the Patriots. Get over it and embrace it, the more you win, the more people hate."

Trust me, I felt the same way you do. I felt like ESPN (and most of the media) was out to get the pats. Then I looked at all the other greatest teams in the history of sports. The Lakers, the Celts, the Cowboys and those damned Yankees. What do they have in common? There was a period of time when everyone seemed to HATE them. Sh*t, people still HATE all those teams.

Now is our time to be hated, and all we can do is sit back and take it all in.......because in 20 years, you will be telling your grandchildren about the greatest football team to ever play the game, and ESPN will be running tape of all our greatest games.

Just like how any scandel is looked at as a black mark on a otherwise steller career, eventually "spygate" will be seen for what it is. A minor detail, that will be ignored, when the Pats greatness is remembered. We cannot be denied, and history will run it's course. All these flea-bag haters will be put in there place by the history books, period.

Last edited:
The masses does not want endless Patriots bashing as much as Jets fans think so. Most fans could care less about the Pats. ESPN feeds sensationalism for the masses whether it is the Patriots or any other team.

=======================================================

I don't think it is endless Patriot bashing on ESPN, lots of teams get made light of and disrespected, can you imagine being a Lions fan and having to listen to what The talking heads at ESPN Say about the Lions?

Truth is I mostly just watch ESPN for the hi lites. ESPN has become to much like Entertainment Tonight for my tastes.

you have never watch ESPN...really? i find that hard to believe

Never. Why watch folks who know less about Patriots football than I can read here, or glean myself from attending training camp and the games?

I've never watched ESPN but if they're saying the Pats need to keep Brady upright, I agree. The alternative is Cassel or worse. A less than .500 team.

What? Do you live in a cave?

ESPN...why oh why do you watch the tools?! :confused:

Other than broadcasting games that you want to see, why do you elect to watch the arrogant filth, surely you do not like it? I don't feel sorry for anyone that complains about their content when the control is in your hands to not watch...

Trust me, I felt the same way you do. I felt like ESPN (and most of the media) was out to get the pats. Then I looked at all the other greatest teams in the history of sports. The Lakers, the Celts, the Cowboys and those damned Yankees. What do they have in common? There was a period of time when everyone seemed to HATE them. Sh*t, people still HATE all those teams.

Now is our time to be hated, and all we can do is sit back and take it all in.......because in 20 years, you will be telling your grandchildren about the greatest football team to ever play the game, and ESPN will be running tape of all our greatest games.

Just like how any scandel is looked at as a black mark on a otherwise steller career, eventually "spygate" will be seen for what it is. A minor detail, that will be ignored, when the Pats greatness is remembered. We cannot be denied, and history will run it's course. All these flea-bag haters will be put in there place by the history books, period.

It's all of what you say, but even more.

The Patriots are the first hated winner to come of age in the new mediot world of blogs/internet/lies and mistruth. They state what they want, defy logic and fact and make their audience believe their horsebleep.

I don;t care, I love being hated as I remember how much I hated the teams like Raiders, Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys of the past.....what a great thrill to b the most hated of them all.

A few more SUperbowl wins will drive them all insane.....Tom Brady & BB are just the pair to pull it off too.

It's all of what you say, but even more.

The Patriots are the first hated winner to come of age in the new mediot world of blogs/internet/lies and mistruth. They state what they want, defy logic and fact and make their audience believe their horsebleep.

I don;t care, I love being hated as I remember how much I hated the teams like Raiders, Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys of the past.....what a great thrill to b the most hated of them all.

A few more SUperbowl wins will drive them all insane.....Tom Brady & BB are just the pair to pull it off too.

:agree::yeahthat:

Well said indeed!!

It never ceases to amaze me how much a sizable chunk of our fan base are such a bunch of thin skinned ****ies. The media doens't like our team? Who cares? I mean really, who cares?

It never ceases to amaze me how much a sizable chunk of our fan base are such a bunch of thin skinned ****ies. The media doens't like our team? Who cares? I mean really, who cares?

I really dont care about the media. What I care about is the fact that a multibillion dollar operation has the mind set of a pissed off 13 year old who just lost to a better team and is going for revenge....

What I care about is that the Pats do nothing in retalliation. Just once I want to see BB do a presser and say something like "Oh, hey Mort. Yeah, you and your network can f off and die. Keep up the Spygate talk, @sshat."

Yeah, it might be petty and shortsighted. But SOMEONE needs to put the media as a whole in their place.

Me, I put them in their place by ignoring them. I don't watch.

You folks who claim to be outraged watch them, thereby generating their advertising income and perpetuating what you claim to hate.

Think about it rather than emoting.

Does anyone have a memory here?

What did Brady say about ESPN during the offseason?

Did he say something like, "They are like MTV without the Music?"

Really, I think he meant, "They are like TMZ but they're ugly."

Me, I put them in their place by ignoring them. I don't watch.

You folks who claim to be outraged watch them, thereby generating their advertising income and perpetuating what you claim to hate.

Think about it rather than emoting.

I agree...I mean I have the unfortunate neighbors of the ESPN office in NYC where I currently work so I walk past them every day I am in....so I guess I just have personal hate towards them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back