PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone noticed Tom running it more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This is a great strategy against Man To Man coverage. I hope this elusiveness continues.

He's also spinning, shifting and throwing on the run.

I think defenses are dialing up the pressure from outside and forcing him up and out of the pocket. Who days and old dog can't learn new tricks (though he should see a Red Sox coach on proper sliding technique).

Yes, but I don't like it

This is a great strategy against Man To Man coverage. I hope this elusiveness continues.

You were doing well until that elusive word - Brady still runs like cold maple syrup.

5 RBs and no running game....it's all on Brady's shoulders. Score 30+ points a game with the worst secondary in the NFL and no bulldozer behind him....this team has huge holes and Brady is the plug

Besides a QB sneak to get a first down I never want to see Brady running.

About damn time he started running again. Back in the old days he used to run and then at some point he just refused. I feel like he is slowly returning back to his roots in many ways. His hair has been cut and back in the day no one thought our wide receivers were much of a threat just like today(besides welker). I think jag receivers bring the best out of brady.

Back in the day I thought Brady's pocket movement was the best i've seen and after blowing out his knee it wasn't the same but today he showed some scrappiness in the pocket like back in the day. Also we don't run the ball consistently(03 esque). Only thing missing is more screens, trick plays, and running on third and long.

looked like he was walking to me.

When you have wide open space directly infront of you and the coverage is good, you damn well tuck the ball and pick up the yards. I'm very pleased to see Brady taking what's given to him. That's what winners do.

Usain Bolt could beat TB12 in a 200m race, even with TB12 getting 175m head start!

Our receivers aren't the best against man-to-man coverage, when you do that, nobody accounts for the QB. Past few games TB has been getting 3-8 yards per run against man-to-man. As long as he avoids the big hit, which he has avoided all but 1 or 2, I'm O.K. with it.

He's doing what he has to do to win the game. That is the QB's job.

Someone said something about 'if we had a run game Tom wouldn't have to do that'. ...what? Tom isn't calling QB draws, it's a designed pass play with good coverage and an open field infront of him with nobody accounting for him to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes