PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison on the defensive meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Harrison on the defensive meltdown.

You're just as bad, homer. An honest assesment of a teams performance does not make someone a fair weather fan. Your idea of talking football goes like this: "The pats RULE"!, "right but they have issues right now with the secondary", "The pat's RULE", "true but what about the d?", The pats RULE and you're and IDIOT for not seeing that!!!!!"

Your a total homer, and it's laughable!

I imagine if you happen to also be a Red Sox "fan" you went to bed after posting here and after blasting the crap out of the entire team when they were down 7-0.

Having been to over 400 Patriots home game, I think I just might be able to carry on an intelligent football discussion, but see, with you, that word does not apply. Call me an idiot again and you will be the first poster on my ignore list, or is that your only idea of a conversation?

But you go right ahead on your road to getting yourself banned as you insult other posters and fill these pages with negativity. What will you be saying if/when this team makes it to the playoffs, with their "issues on "D" and your favorite QB - Cassel?? I suppose you will find some way to discredit BB and fans that choose to recognize what happens when a hall of fame QB is lost for the season. You would have already cut Cassel in pre-season, ruined O'Connell & Gutz and have had a parade of back ups leading us to a sure sub 500 season.

Don't you think BB has assessed the situation and feels the only way we get to the playoffs is with Cassel and working through their problems on 'D'? Isn't it better to be playing better in as Thanksgiving approaches into Dec and Jan? (see Red Sox last night after the 7th) (see 2001 Patriots season).

The least you can do is let the season play out....

I imagine if you happen to also be a Red Sox "fan" you went to bed after posting here and after blasting the crap out of the entire team when they were down 7-0.

Don't you think BB has assessed the situation and feels the only way we get to the playoffs is with Cassel and working through their problems on 'D'? Isn't it better to be playing better in as Thanksgiving approaches into Dec and Jan? (see Red Sox last night after the 7th) (see 2001 Patriots season).

I thought that comeback last night, even if it doesn't lead to the World Series, was a good bit of perspective for sports fans. I skimmed a couple threads in the Sox forum. Same trash-talking the team when they're down stuff.

These people ought to try being Leaf fans. The home games are almost always sold out at ridiculous prices and the Leafs SUCK.

That said, Hockey's kinda gay, but I have to give credit to the fans. 10x classier than what I'm witnessing here.

You are AN IDIOT!

I am not off the bandwagon. I'm right here, day in and day out, Win or Lose. I'm trying to dispassionately analyze what I see, not shout platitudes, like "Rodney is the man" (even though I agree with that one). We are here to talk football, right? Maybe you should go where you belong...to the Jests board.

Try reading what Rodney said Mr. negative...I'll go with his word over your analysis every single day.

"We’re sticking together."

“We’ve been through times before. There’s a lot of football left. From week to week, people jump on and off the bandwagon, but it’s what the 53 guys in this locker room think

How big would it be to shut down the NFL's No.1 offense? Hey if Rodney's so pissed how about he does something? Not trying to be a **** but I want to see the D perform for once this season. It feels like they've fell apart since week 2.

It'd be great, but unfortunately it's the Broncos. Even pre-Brady injury, I think most people wrote this game off as a loss. It can only get worse. Shanahan has always had Belichick's number.

Try reading what Rodney said Mr. negative...I'll go with his word over your analysis every single day.

"We’re sticking together."

“We’ve been through times before. There’s a lot of football left. From week to week, people jump on and off the bandwagon, but it’s what the 53 guys in this locker room think

You can "Go" wherever you want, in fact I've got a few suggestions. Since when is it "Negative" to discuss the flaws of a team?

Yay, Rodney, rah rah sis boom bah! Feel Better? WOW, that was cathartic. I'm shocked at how you're version of football talk has enlivened the discussion! We can now end the messageboard. The mother of all Football ideas has finally surfaced. Go TEAM!

I guess the secondary will now "shut out" the Donks, having been inspired by your unflagging Rodney inspired rant! I am truly humbled and forever in your debt.

Last edited:
It's good to hear Rodney say these things, but they've still got to do it on the field. The donkeys have a potent offense this year led by Cutler and Brandon Marshall. The Pats have their workd cut out for them and they have somethign to prove after being blown out by QBs like Pennington and Rivers respectively.

It's good to hear Rodney say these things, but they've still got to do it on the field. The donkeys have a potent offense this year led by Cutler and Brandon Marshall. The Pats have their workd cut out for them and they have somethign to prove after being blown out by QBs like Pennington and Rivers respectively.

Actually I feel bad because it seems like Rodney and the team are somehow feeling hurt and disrespected by the media and fan criticism.

It'd be one thing if this team had a history of using disrespect as an energizer, but it's been proven that media or fan criticism NEVER has a positive effect on a team. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Think of this, when is the last time the opponent's biggest threat beat the Patriots?

Think of this, when is the last time the opponent's biggest threat beat the Patriots?

In our last 2 losses this year?

Vs Miami, the Pats secondary made Pennington looked like the reincarnation of Dan Marino and Ronnie Brown ran wild for umm 113 yards, 4 TDs and a passing TD.

Against SD, Rivers looked like the next coming of Dan Fouts throwing for over 300 yards and 3 tds.

So yeah the Pats D have something to prove. The thing with the Broncos is that regardless of who is the QB they usually run well. But now they have Cutler at the helm too. This is going to be a tough game for them. The gameplan has to be excellent and the execution just as good for the Pats to stand a chance.

In our last 2 losses this year?

Vs Miami, the Pats secondary made Pennington looked like the reincarnation of Dan Marino and Ronnie Brown ran wild for umm 113 yards, 4 TDs and a passing TD.

Against SD, Rivers looked like the next coming of Dan Fouts throwing for over 300 yards and 3 tds.

So yeah the Pats D have something to prove. The thing with the Broncos is that regardless of who is the QB they usually run well. But now they have Cutler at the helm too. This is going to be a tough game for them. The gameplan has to be excellent and the execution just as good for the Pats to stand a chance.

The Miami game... OK fine, that was just one of those things. I mean yea, forget that game and the stupid direct snap defensive meltdown lol.

The SD game... LdT and Gates are their best weapons, and neither of them beat us.

The Patriots under BB are very good at taking away the opponent's best weapon, which is why I expect Marshall to have a very mediocre game.

Having been to over 400 Patriots home game, I think I just might be able to carry on an intelligent football discussion, but see, with you, that word does not apply. Call me an idiot again and you will be the first poster on my ignore list, or is that your only idea of a conversation?

But you go right ahead on your road to getting yourself banned as you insult other posters and fill these pages with negativity. What will you be saying if/when this team makes it to the playoffs, with their "issues on "D" and your favorite QB - Cassel?? I suppose you will find some way to discredit BB and fans that choose to recognize what happens when a hall of fame QB is lost for the season. You would have already cut Cassel in pre-season, ruined O'Connell & Gutz and have had a parade of back ups leading us to a sure sub 500 season.

Look at this long-winded nonsense. I don't care if you put me on ignore, and I have been to two decades worth of home games, idiot.

The Patriots under BB are very good at taking away the opponent's best weapon, which is why I expect Marshall to have a very mediocre game.

If the Pats shut down Cutler and Marshall, I'd put the Pats chances of winning at over 67%. However I don't have the confidence they can do that with what I've seen thus far. I'd really like to see them prove me wrong though.

Our secondary and pass rush have been major concerns of mine. I never thought that we would be missing Rosie so much, but our backers haven't been able to get any pressure for us and the only person who has been "breaking on the ball" has been Meriweather. I think we will continue to improve and be alright defensively, but we need to get more physical up front and ultimately, I believe we could use a speed rusher for next season.

I still think this D has the potential to be very good, and guys like Wheatley and Guyton will only get better with experience. Still, it is tough to watch our 5'9" DBs matched up with a full team of 6"4"+ WRs/TEs like SD had (Jackson, Nanee, Osgood, Floyd, Gates etc.) I'm not saying guys like Hobbs and such can't get it done, but they have to be technically sound to make up for that height disadvantage.

Look at this long-winded nonsense. I don't care if you put me on ignore, and I have been to two decades worth of home games, idiot.

Since you have such a great time calling people names and crapping on my favorite football team - how about you pony up and pay your dues in here.

Or are you going to tell me you cannot aford to, yet can go to 2 decades of Patriot home games??

You are a miserable person......at least in here.

Since you have such a great time calling people names and crapping on my favorite football team - how about you pony up and pay your dues in here.

Or are you going to tell me you cannot aford to, yet can go to 2 decades of Patriot home games??

You are a miserable person......at least in here.

Who TF are you to demand that anyone "pay your dues"? To Who? You? Go away, little boy...

Take a spelling lesson. "Afford" Has to "f"s. Oh, here's the other one "FU"!

Having been to over 400 Patriots home games...

I don't think anyone's going to be able to top someone who's been going to Patriots games since 1958 and hasn't yet missed a home game!

:youtheman:

Last edited:

I don't think anyone's going to be able to top someone who's been going to Patriots games since 1958 and hasn't yet missed a home game!

:youtheman:

Uh, the Patriots did not yet EXIST in the 50s. Or am I missing a joke again?

Last edited:

Who TF are you to demand that anyone "pay your dues"? To Who? You? Go away, little boy...

Take a spelling lesson. "Afford" Has to "f"s. Oh, here's the other one "FU"!

I noticed you coose to freeload in here as well......in case you haven't read it, if a few more hundred members don't step up, then there wont be patsfans.com, BERT. Or did you think the VIP designation is because we think we're important.

I noticed you coose to freeload in here as well......in case you haven't read it, if a few more hundred members don't step up, then there wont be patsfans.com, BERT. Or did you think the VIP designation is because we think we're important.

I was "red squared" this week because I questioned the Patriots defense.

You think I am going to pay for that? :rolleyes:

Uh, the Patriots did not yet EXIST in the 50s. Or am I missing a joke again?

Team founded in 1959, played first game ....
9/9/60 VS Bronco's at BU Field (yes, I was there, I started really young).

When you try to get to my 400, don't forget to add in pre-season & playoff games.

The point to all of this is supporting a team through thick and thin and realizing if a leader of the 'D' says something that speaks to the discontent on the fair weather or bandwagon fans...he just might be right.

Refute this ....haters:

"“We all have an opportunity to play better,” Harrison said. “Whether you missed a tackle, whether you missed a coverage, something mental – the mental aspect of the game – we all can play better. Obviously, in a loss like that it’s disappointing, so it’s easy to sit back from a media standpoint or even a team standpoint and try to point fingers. We’re sticking together.

“We’ve been through times before. There’s a lot of football left. From week to week, people jump on and off the bandwagon, but it’s what the 53 guys in this locker room think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News