PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall of Famers: 72 Dolphins vs. 07 Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can not compare today's teams with yesterdays. A contest between the Dolphins and Patriots would be similiar to the Patriots taking on a Division II college team. Jim Langer, center at 250 lbs and Larry Little, guard at 265, do you think the front 7 would tee off on them. Lets compare the stats of Griese to Brady. Griese's career td to int is 192-172. In that unbeaten season he went 4-4. Brady is a lock for the Hall while maybe we should subtract two dolphins for Griese's sham. Warfield was a great receiver, tho he does not have great numbers, 85 td's and 1-1000 yard season. Moss has 7-1000 yard seasons and 108 td's and is not done by a long shot. I know stats can be deceiving, but not to this extent. Randy Moss will go to the HOF. Shula/BB. I liked Csonka as a football player, 3-1000 seasons, 64 td, 8081 total yards. Dillon:7-1000 seasons, 82 td's, 11241 total yards. Buoniconti is a given. By my estimation, Brady, Moss, BB, and Dillon should go, while it is too early to say whether Asante, Thomas, Seymour, Warren, or any of the youngsters will go. That's 4 and wait and see Patriots to 5 Dolphins excluding sham Griese.

Here's my list (including former players)

Complete Locks:
Tom Brady
Junior Seau
Randy Moss
Adam Vinetieri

Crimes that they're not Complete Locks:
Ty Law
Rodney Harrison

Likely to be a Lock:
Richard Seymour

Should Get Much More Consideration Than They Probably Will:
Willie McGinest
Tedy Bruschi
Mike Vrabel
Troy Brown

Too Young to Say but Future Looks Good So Far:
Asante Samuel
Vince Wilfork
Ty Warren
Dan Koppen
Logan Mankins

And being on a premier team and an All American coming out of College didn't help?

Lawrence Taylor 0.720 Sacks Per Game

Andre Tippett 0.662 sacks per game

Yeah, umm, that's nice but not quite the whole story. LT was feared, teams gameplanned for him.

You also should note that LT's second year (Tippett's first), 1982, was the first year sacks was an official statistic. You have 0 sacks for LT in 1981, when in fact he unofficially had 9.5 sacks, plus he was Rookie of the Year and DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (only rookie ever to win DPOY). He was defensive player of the year his first two years in the league and three times overall. Only player ever to win DPOY three times.

So, yeah, LT is in a league of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back