PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski Historically

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Obviously broke the record for TDs by a TE. It also puts him in a tie for 17th all time. If he can get one per game the rest of the way it will put him in a tie for 3rd tied with Sharpe and Clayton and only surpassed by Rice and Moss.

Gronk has 71 catches. Gonzalez has seasons of 102 and 99 and our own Ben Coates has 96. He's not getting there but some where in the mid 80's is still a hell of a season. Several other players have gone over 90, including Gonzalez a few more times, but for perspective Shannon Sharpe did 80+ once at 87 and Dallas Clark had exactly 80 twice.

1088 receiving yards.

Winslow 1290
Gonzalez 1258

67 yards per game for the all time records.

Throw in the fact he's a better blocker by far than anybody else listed and we are truly watching the best season by a TE ever and that's not hyperbole.

Obviously broke the record for TDs by a TE. It also puts him in a tie for 17th all time. If he can get one per game the rest of the way it will put him in a tie for 3rd tied with Sharpe and Clayton and only surpassed by Rice and Moss.

Gronk has 71 catches. Gonzalez has seasons of 102 and 99 and our own Ben Coates has 96. He's not getting there but some where in the mid 80's is still a hell of a season. Several other players have gone over 90, including Gonzalez a few more times, but for perspective Shannon Sharpe did 80+ once at 87 and Dallas Clark had exactly 80 twice.

1088 receiving yards.

Winslow 1290
Gonzalez 1258

67 yards per game for the all time records.

Throw in the fact he's a better blocker by far than anybody else listed and we are truly watching the best season by a TE ever and that's not hyperbole.

Had no idea he was that close to the yardage record. Cool stuff, especially if he gets it all in wins while we secure a 1st round-bye at the minimum. Also, at Gronk's production rate lately I could see him with between 19-21 reception TD's. He should easily break the record for most through the first 2 seasons, which is currently 28, Gronkowski has 26 total touchdowns.

GRONKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :eek:

man is a beast

Ill never forget that pre-draft video I saw where he said he wanted to catch passes from TFB and come to New England.

Gronk could hit close to 20tds???

theres still 3 games left in the season...its not unreasonable to think he will at least catch 3 more..TD's as he is bradys #1 target in the redzone

those are randy moss type numbers in a TE

Re: Gronk could hit close to 20tds???

I was thinking the other day he could match the 23 TD's by Moss, it'll take some doing but it's plausible with the way he's playing.

I'd settle for 20 though :p

Yeah and he got robbed of one already I forget which game but we were in hurry-up and the replay shows he caught it inside the end zone but the refs said he wasn't in. Brady didn't wait around and ran the next play before anybody saw the replay and saw it was a TD.

Prime Time is pretty funny, they were just reviewing the NO-TEN game, showed a Jimmy Graham catch and he states "Best TE in NFL.", Eisen brings up Gronks name and Primes response was "I didn't stutter" or something similar.

Jimmy Graham's Career: 106 catches 1,402 yds 13 TD
Gronks 2011 Season: 71 catches 1,088 yards 16 TD (15+1)

...what? I'd almost rather Gronk's season over Graham's career. You add in 2010 for Gronk and it's embarrassing to compare the two.

Graham is having a good year, but his scoring production is half of what Gronk has done in the same amount of time.

Last edited:

Yeah and he got robbed of one already I forget which game but we were in hurry-up and the replay shows he caught it inside the end zone but the refs said he wasn't in. Brady didn't wait around and ran the next play before anybody saw the replay and saw it was a TD.

Against Pitt, Gronk getting robbed of a TD stole 2 or 3 minutes off the clock as well, and forced us to do an unsuccessful onside kick. That call honestly stole any potential of us winning that game, considering we stopped Pitt after failing the onside kick, but it gave them a chance to kill too much time.

I really couldt care less about stats regarding Gronk.

Prime Time is pretty funny, they were just reviewing the NO-TEN game, showed a Jimmy Graham catch and he states "Best TE in NFL.", Eisen brings up Gronks name and Primes response was "I didn't stutter" or something similar.

Jimmy Graham's Career: 106 catches 1,402 yds 13 TD
Gronks 2011 Season: 71 catches 1,088 yards 16 TD (15+1)

...what? I'd almost rather Gronk's season over Graham's career. You add in 2010 for Gronk and it's embarrassing to compare the two.

Graham is having a good year, but his scoring production is half of what Gronk has done in the same amount of time.

Graham has 13 more yards than Gronk this year, but Gronk has 7 more receiving TDs. I'd take Gronk.

Last edited:

Graham has 13 more yards than Gronk this year, but Gronk has 7 more receiving TDs. I'd take Gronk.

Agree 100%, I couldn't believe that Sanders said that Graham was the best TE in the NFL.

I haven't seen a display like that in a while, epic day. He's the most exciting play maker I've seen in a while.

He's having a blast out there, carrying players around like King Kong, arial flips, power spikes, bull dozing blocks, he's toying with opponents. Man what a find, I'll take this kid over some field stretching WR any day, DaYum.

GRRRRRRRRRRONK!!!!!

Last edited:
How bout some love to Hernandez lol

How bout some love to Hernandez lol
It's interesting that Hernandez is quietly going about his business and is currently ranked amongst Tight Ends;

- = 6th receptions
- 8th receiving yards
- =8th TD receptions

All that with the number 1 Tight End in the NFL playing along side him.

Irvin - My man from the U

Sanders - Graham, he's got speed,vertical threat. Did he even watch last night's ******* game? Not to mention Gronks 15.3 average vs Grahams 13.1 or so.

Also no mention of blocking ability...something that figures in pretty largely in the job description for a TE

Gronk is clearly #1. 3 years younger and already a more complete player. Don't even need to mention the NFL record for touchdows. Or his impressive rookie season.

These biased former nfl players/analysts piss me off. I'm looking at you Marshall Faulk.

I was thinking the other day he could match the 23 TD's by Moss, it'll take some doing but it's plausible with the way he's playing.

I'd settle for 20 though :p

I'd settle for Gronk getting a superbowl ring this year, irrespective of his total number of TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back