PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Church be suspended to start the 2018 season for the hit on Gronk ?

When will the punishment be meted out ? Monday morning ?
lol, no. That was a typical unnecessary roughness hit. He will be fined accordingly. Why would he be suspended?

I'm not worried much cause it didn't seem overly concerning.

Considering what happened to Gilmore seemingly out of nowhwere that caused him to miss a lot of time, I'm going to assume Gronk is out so I can be pleasantly surprised.

If the NFL actually cared about preventing concussions they would adopt the "targeting" rule from the NCAA. Subject to video review the penalized player is ejected. Automatic incremental suspensions will accrue.
Right now it's a great trade to take a 15 yard penalty and remove the other teams best receiver.
The NFL could do the right thing but.......they don't give a shiite about player safety.

BTW Gronk will be the Super Bowl MVP:cool:

If the NFL actually cared about preventing concussions they would adopt the "targeting" rule from the NCAA. Subject to video review the penalized player is ejected. Automatic incremental suspensions will accrue.
I think I heard somewhere that it is going to be discussed with the competition committe

two weeks, gronk will be out there. some guy on the vikings was knocked out cold and was back the following week.

Plus, not that I believe in NFL conspiracies...but they don't want star players Not playing in the biggest game of the year.

Right now it's a great trade to take a 15 yard penalty and remove the other teams best receiver.
The NFL could do the right thing but.......they don't give a shiite about player safety.

BTW Gronk will be the Super Bowl MVP:cool:

Am I crazy or was that player celebrating the hit? Even after he got a big penalty? That tells you exactly how he feels about taking out Gronk.

Two weeks. I'd be absolutely stunned if he's not playing.

No such rule exists. There is nothing "automatic" about it. He will have to pass concussion protocol. I have faith he will.

Rob Gronkowski is not missing the Super Bowl.

Correct. They also need to be careful if they do allow the targeting rule from the NCAA, They should have a vote on it between like 5 people for calling it "targeting". I've seen guys ejected for bang/bang plays that were in no way that. I think it's pretty clear what Church's intent there was. He had time and the space to target his chest area there. He should have been ejected.

Am I crazy or was that player celebrating the hit? Even after he got a big penalty? That tells you exactly how he feels about taking out Gronk.

One of his teammates (Fowler) doesn't even believe it should have been a penalty, so you're not crazy. They are.

Yes. He he was. He is also a hack player Cowboys cast off, a former Romo teammate.

Nantz and Romo said nothing and all but cheered on/hoped Gronk was done.

I think he was close today but they played it conservatively. He'll be ready to go.
Question for you: who is "they". The neurologist is an independent. No?

Yes. He he was. He is also a hack player Cowboys cast off, a former Romo teammate.

Nantz and Romo said nothing and all but cheered on/hoped Gronk was done.

Nantz and Romo did no such thing.

Nantz and Romo did no such thing.

Yes, they did. They all but said Gronk was done for the game, when we had no official report. Romo was as giddy as a schoolgirl going into halftime.

Absolutely loved it and Jax's chances.

Stop the lying, please.

No such rule exists. There is nothing "automatic" about it. He will have to pass concussion protocol. I have faith he will.

Rob Gronkowski is not missing the Super Bowl.
GronkGate!

I bet he plays.

The guy that did that is a goon

Yes, they did. They all but said Gronk was done for the game, when we had no official report. Romo was as giddy as a schoolgirl going into halftime.

Absolutely loved it and Jax's chances.

Stop the lying, please.

I'm not lying, you just have an embarrassing level of bias and over-sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back