PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk likely out for rest of playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rob Glasskowski

It wasn't fully healed obviously. Meaning he should have been used as a decoy or in GL situations only. Bad move!

However, Vereen coming out was awesome. I'd love to see the Pats win the next two the old fashioned way. Running game and D!

Who would have thought that an already broken arm would be prone to breaking again?

Who would have thought that an already broken arm would be prone to breaking again?

This was obviously not a vanilla fracture. He had screws and a plate put it. Must have been a reason to make him 'bionic'... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Last year was unfortunate. But that he got hurt second year in a row... if it happens a THIRD year, he will totally earned the nickname "Rob Glasskowski" !

Obviously poking fun at the posters who criticize guys who get injured. Reasonable questions for the docs though, as we now know why he favored his arm so uncomfortably (two weeks ago): Gronk was obviously not ready to return. this is confirmed by the fact that the fractured opened again with a routine fall. 2 questions are: 1. why couldn't they see he was not healed? 2. why was the the surgery so ineffective after a period the thought he should be healed (6 weeks?)? A real shame to lose such an important player when everyone thought he should have been ready. Won't get these answers though.

he was "healed" but he was just very vulnerable to a rebrake. I don't think you can tell that from an xray although after the game Ty Law said the same thing happened to him when he broke his hand. I hear what you're saying though. I feel like the medical staff failed them.

Damn-it-all. It would have been nice to have this guy in the SB (assuming they make it.)

Sucks that we lost him, but we still have lots of weapons and Brady is playing at a ridiculously high level.

Last year was unfortunate. But that he got hurt second year in a row... if it happens a THIRD year, he will totally earned the nickname "Rob Glasskowski" !

So, in your book, someone who suffers a serious injury three years in a row while playing his guts out for the team is made of "glass." Got it. Thanks. :rolleyes:

MODS...

Please move this nonsense before it embarrasses all of us any more than it already has.

There's no parallel between Gronkowski and RG3. RG3 was limping around and obviously ineffective. Gronk was cleared and it was obviously hoped he would be ready to go.

But I would like to hear from any medical types on the board about how it's determined that a broken bone is "healed." From the googling I did, I saw things like this:

How Do I Know If My Broken Bone is Healed? « C. Noel Henley, MD | Hand Wrist Elbow Surgeon, Fayetteville, Arkansas

Which said:

"So, a broken bone is healed after the bone stops hurting and there is some evidence of new bone formation on x-rays taken in the doctor’s office."

So, I'm assuming this was the case? Or is that wrong? I've always heard that a healed broken bone is actually stronger than it was before. (Wait, now I feel like I have to google that. Feels like a myth all the sudden. Hold on.)

OK, apparently that's not true:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/health/19really.html?_r=0

This articles says: "Despite one misconception, there is no evidence that a bone that breaks will heal to be stronger than it was before."

So, my guess is that the arm was just beginning to be "healed?" But if that's the case, how could he play two weeks ago? Maybe this second break was really just a fluke? Are different people more prone to breaks? Will Gronkowski be any more (or less) susceptible to a break in the future?

So many questions. Qualified input welcome.

Last edited:
There's no parallel between Gronkowski and RG3. RG3 was limping around and obviously ineffective. Gronk was cleared and it was obviously hoped he would be ready to go.

But I would like to hear from any medical types on the board about how it's determined that a broken bone is "healed." From the googling I did, I saw things like this:

How Do I Know If My Broken Bone is Healed? « C. Noel Henley, MD | Hand Wrist Elbow Surgeon, Fayetteville, Arkansas

Which said:

"So, a broken bone is healed after the bone stops hurting and there is some evidence of new bone formation on x-rays taken in the doctor’s office."

So, I'm assuming this was the case? Or is that wrong? I've always heard that a healed broken bone is actually stronger than it was before. (Wait, now I feel like I have to google that. Feels like a myth all the sudden. Hold on.)

OK, apparently that's not true:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/health/19really.html?_r=0

This articles says: "Despite one misconception, there is no evidence that a bone that breaks will heal to be stronger than it was before."

So, my guess is that the arm was just beginning to be "healed?" But if that's the case, how could he play two weeks ago? Maybe this second break was really just a fluke? Are different people more prone to breaks? Will Gronkowski be any more (or less) susceptible to a break in the future?

So many questions. Qualified input welcome.

I had always heard that as well. That's why I had so much hope he would come back healthy. Oh well. Sucks bad to lose him, but next man up.

According to Mike Giardi Gronk was to be undergoing surgery already today. Info on Gronk is easier to come by because Rosenhaus trades favors with mediots. Too bad he doesn't spend more time looking out for his clients. Second optonion should have been mandatory in a case like this. Drew was probably too busy trying to sell an off season reality series for the family.

The Earlier Break must have been more Severe for all we know. Gronk was really favoring it in the Miami Game. Obviously if he was in so much discomfort he probably shouldn't have suited up for Miami. It's a good thing that we have adapted to playing without him.

if gronks arm wasn't healed enough to play yesterday then it wouldn't be strong enough to play this sunday or in the SB if the team makes it.

Last edited:
Gronk out usually means Brady won't throw crazy picks. Whenever Gronk plays, Brady forces a foolish hail mary to him at some point during the game either down the sideline or in the center of the field.

Now he has 7 months to get healthy. Hopefully one of these years he can stay healthy for a whole season. The way he plays though that is going to be hard to do.

I don't there is any question that he was brought back too early a couple of weeks ago...predictable and unfortunate

if gronks arm wasn't healed enough to play yesterday then it wouldn't be strong enough to play this sunday or in the SB if the team makes it.

Ding ding ding! Exactly. And unlike RGIII's knee I don't believe Gronk's injury poses a potential longterm threat to his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back