PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk likely out for rest of playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's scary about Gronk is how the original fracture came on a play that raised a few eyebrows including mine. He's either bulking up too much and putting too much strain on his skeletal system via muscle torque or he's taking something that is weakening his bones.
Love Gronk but he needs to rethink how he's working out. Needs to lower the strain on his body.
What's clear is this team cannot count on Gronk going forward. Two years in a row he cannot stay healthy for the playoffs. Team needs to rethink how much they want to have this offense revolve around this brittle player.
The blessing in disguise for the team is how they've had to incorporate life without Gronk into their offense for a long stretch this season. That will help them going forward.

You've got to be kidding me. Yes Gronk has been injury prone as of late. The injury last season was totally some he couldn't avoid. But anyone with two good eyes knows that when healthy Gronk is hands down the best TE in the league!

You can count on Gronk being injured a significant part of the season, this is why we need another nasty TE on the roster.

Ballard says hi....:D

Ballard says hi....:D

He's a complete unknown at this point, I'd be very happy if he can be a contributor next year but I'd like to add Nick Kasa just in case.

A total drag, but a few thoughts:

1. Until it's official, I'm not quite ready yet to embrace this news as being 100% accurate.

2. Even without Gronk, I feel the Pats still have at least as many offensive weapons as the other three remaining teams.

3. Brady has won SBs with less.

My feeling (not that there's much disagreement) is that the Pats absolutely have the horses still to score enough points to at least hang with anybody.

Meh...so 2nd straight year no Gronk when it actually matters.

Time to start managing this guys snaps. And how the hell does he break that thing so easily again? I mean seriously what the heck is that?

Let's be real. He didn't just "fall" on it. He leaped into the air and had nearly his entire weight land on it. We don't know WHAT broke in it. We don't know if it was the surgically repaired bone OR the other bone.

Also, they only put pins in the first time. I can't find anything that says they put a titanium rod in lining the bone to help give it structure. Hopefully, they'll do that this time.

They don't pin it or put titanium rods in it... Chris Price talked to a local ortho about a month ago. They all know via the grapevine what each other is doing, not to mention what would be called for given the injury to an athlete. He said the fix was a metal plate affixed to the bone with metal screws attaching it at either end. He said it was always going to be a somewhat painful and difficult injury to deal with because there is so little meat on the outside of the arm that you can feel the fix (as you can feel that bone). Said for that reason he would probably have the plate removed in six months to a year.

For all the talk of fast healing youngsters hereabouts ours haven't been. Not sure what part of that is genitics and what part is how this medical team performs. I know Brady doesn't use them and Ty Law never would again... As the bone heals the actual spot of the break actually does become stronger at some point, although only for a time as part of the nature of the healing process. However at the same time the remainder of the bone becomes weaker over time because of inactivity. Not to mention the muscles atrophy. Water under the bridge now, but Tedy commented a week ago that he had seen lots of guys come back from broken arms in less time but he had never seen one play one armed as Gronk did in week 17. If he's smart he will get a second independent opinion before he undergoes any further procedures.

Just a note:

Texans receiver, Posey, tore his achilles in the game.

Meh...so 2nd straight year no Gronk when it actually matters.

Time to start managing this guys snaps. And how the hell does he break that thing so easily again? I mean seriously what the heck is that?

I was wondering if he did something during any of the practices that re-injured it. At least the Patriots offence has played good in his absence. Still...it sucks if he's done for the season.

Rest up big man.

We'll try to bring the trophy back to NE for you.

This is off topic, sorry gronk, but this has certainly turned into a scoring league!

The only game that even came close to a defensive game was the Falcons edging the Seahawks 30-28.

I'm not convinced that we won't see Gronk in the SB if we beat the Ravens

This sucks for Gronk if he reinjured that forarm. The kid wants to be on field so bad. But I'm not making any excuses. I hope the Pats do exactly what the Packers did in 2010 this year. I forget the number of players GB losted to IR that year. Rodgers just couldn't be denied.

No Gronk... no Super Bowl :cry2:

This sucks for Gronk if he reinjured that forarm. The kid wants to be on field so bad. But I'm not making any excuses. I hope the Pats do exactly what the Packers did in 2010 this year. I forget the number of players GB losted to IR that year. Rodgers just couldn't be denied.

None of the bums they lost come even close to Gronk. This is a guy who is arguably the best weapon in the NFL. If healthy he leads the league in TDs again this year.

Rob Glasskowski

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Nothing gold can stay. I guess it was too good to be true that we were entering the playoffs in virtual full health (no offense julian and Ras-I etc.). Hopefully our offense can overcome the loss and our defense can play their best football when it matters most.

No Gronk... no Super Bowl :cry2:

That's a rather ridiculous statement.

49ers beat us by NE coming out completely dead and it was still close without gronk,nvm losing Dennard and Talib during the game,
Ravens play us tough but we generally own them,i don't see that changing. Falcons D would get eaten alive and that team nearly choked a 20 point lead away.

Re: Rob Glasskowski

Someone once said; "Quit being a jack*****!"

That's a rather ridiculous statement.

49ers beat us by NE coming out completely dead and it was still close without gronk,nvm losing Dennard and Talib during the game,
Ravens play us tough but we generally own them,i don't see that changing. Falcons D would get eaten alive and that team nearly choked a 20 point lead away.

Just imagine the Pats winning the SB without Gronk & to have him return next year! The other 31 teams won't have a prayer.

Gronk will find you.

And he will kill you.

:)

I blame the doctors, now way he should have rebroke it if it was fully healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back