PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grizzlies: The Offensive Front Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for these update OTG. My interest in guards has suddenly picked up now that Neal is on IR(and i think will retire) and they may not get Mankins back. We might see an o-lineman get picked with one of our first 4 picks, something I didn't think would happen until now.

Depending on how things turn out, especially if things keep going poorly for Oakland and we can land Dareus with 1a, I could see BB trading 1b back a bit to load up later on, one guy I'm really big on is Andrew Jackson out of Fresno, I don't know anything about how he is as a player, I just think his name is awesome.

Player Bio: Andrew Jackson - Fresno State Official Athletic Site

Well chosen, sir. Old Hickory, for my money, was our first GREAT President. :rocker:

TACKLE
The reality is that we are set at OT if Light re-signs. Vollmer and Light would be the starters for the next three years. We would have many players to pick from as backups: LeVoir, Maneri, Ojinnaka, and Kazcur. As you say, Kaczur has been under appreciated. He is certainly a fine backup. There would be no need for an early round tackle. TO put it another way, if we re-signed Light, we would expect him to start for a couple fop years at least. An early round OT will not be drafted with the expectation of being a backup for years.

If Light re-signs, I see OT as a strength with Vollmer, Light, Kaczur, and Maneri/Ojinnaka.

===
INTERIOR LINE
Let's look at you choices for 2011 and beyond. You are fine with Connolly, Koppen and Kaczur with Ohnberger and Wendell (or a late flyer at OC). I'm not!

Kaczur has never played OG. Koppen would be on his last year and Connolly is a solid backup. You expect all three to be solid starters in 2011 AND BEYOND. You don't see room for improvement except for one late round flyer (we'll try that on the OL every year no matter who we have as starters; Larsen and Welch were our 2010 choices and the binkies of many posters).

I have been thinking OT with one of the first 3 picks for a long time now, even with Light re-signing. Mankins has come back, but I think he is just playing the good soldier. IMO he bolts at seasons end.

Kaczur has been a better RT than most give him credit for. I think he could be a very good Guard. Connolly can play either side, so whichever side Kaczur is the best at he plays. I would assume that Neal retires.

The season starts something like this: Light-Connolly-Koppen-Kaczur-Vollmer

With an early round OT and a later round OC learning the ropes, and the best of Ojinnaka, Levoir, Maneri, Ohrenberger, Wendell... etc, filling in the last 2 or 3 spots.

TACKLE
The reality is that we are set at OT if Light re-signs. Vollmer and Light would be the starters for the next three years. We would have many players to pick from as backups: LeVoir, Maneri, Ojinnaka, and Kazcur. As you say, Kaczur has been under appreciated. He is certainly a fine backup. There would be no need for an early round tackle. TO put it another way, if we re-signed Light, we would expect him to start for a couple fop years at least. An early round OT will not be drafted with the expectation of being a backup for years.

If Light re-signs, I see OT as a strength with Vollmer, Light, Kaczur, and Maneri/Ojinnaka.

===
INTERIOR LINE
Let's look at you choices for 2011 and beyond. You are fine with Connolly, Koppen and Kaczur with Ohnberger and Wendell (or a late flyer at OC). I'm not!

Kaczur has never played OG. Koppen would be on his last year and Connolly is a solid backup. You expect all three to be solid starters in 2011 AND BEYOND. You don't see room for improvement except for one late round flyer (we'll try that on the OL every year no matter who we have as starters; Larsen and Welch were our 2010 choices and the binkies of many posters).

For OT if we resign Light, then I am OK with the OT spot for 2011. We if pass on Light, then I think BB needs to look at Ziemba of Auburn or Hix of Texas.

For OG, regardless of what happens with Mankins, we need to draft Boiling of Georgia and move him to OG. He is perfect for our zone blocking scheme and once he gets stronger, will be a huge upgrade over anybody not currently on our roster named Mankins.

If BB decides to bring in a center, then I think he needs to look closely at Kirkpatrick of TCU or maybe O'Dowd of USC.

Evidently, this needs bumping.

Grizzlies: The Offensive Front Line

A few Threads have come and gone, mostly because the authors have lives that are considerably more balanced than mine. If no one has any objection, and with the College season entering the stretch run, I thought I'd roll this thread out there ~ and a few others like it ~ as a means of consolidating the thoughts of anyone who wishes to make this Thread their own. Of course this is not intended to replace individual Threads; only to offer a One Stop Shop for each category.

My idea is to employ this thread as an Emporium ~ a gathering place ~ for any and all Rankings, Scouting Reports, Opinions, Arguments, and other assorted Random Thoughts that might occur to any of us on the subject, or that we might wish to pull in from other sources. I'll certainly be doing so, because it helps me to have all my thoughts on one subject consolidated, but if anyone else wishes to join in, or take over, I hope you'll feel free to do just that!!

I'll get things rolling with an overview...

Centers

This looks like a pretty weak class. I am a staunch advocate of drafting Grizzlies early and often. For instance, I would've jumped all over Marquis de Pouncey, last year. But although I am anxious to draft Dan Koppen's replacement as early as possible, it seems to me that it would probably be a reach, were we to touch anyone in the first few rounds, this year.

Top Tier

Steve Wisniewski, Penn State ~ 6.3/300 ~ 2-3rd Round Caliber. Technically proficient.
Kristofer O'Dowd, USC ~ 6.4/300 ~ Great tools, but riddled with injuries.

Some Day 3 Guys

Kevin Kowalski, Toledo ~ 6.3/300 ~
Brandon Fusco, Slippery Rock ~ 6.4/300 ~
Tim Barnes, Missouri ~ 6.4/300
Zane Taylor, Utah ~ 6.2/300
Jake KirkPatrick, TCU ~ 6.3/305
Ryan Bartholemew, Syracuse ~ 6.1/300
Alex LinnenKohl, Oregon State ~ 6.2/305
Ryan Pugh, Auburn ~ 6.1/300

X Factor

*Mike Brewster, Ohio State ~ 6.5/295 ~ High Grade Junior who might declare.

Binkie Alert!!

Brandon Fusco, Slippery Rock ~ 6.4/300

Brandon Fusco, in particular, is a guy I hear whispers about, as a potentially explosive Blocker: A Mauler with surprising athleticism who gets out to the next level consistently, but who's a Small Schooler ~ Slippery Rock!! ~ who's flying under the radar.

Guards

I'm none too thrilled about the Guards, this year, either. Give me the right guys, and I'll spend 3 1st Rounders on the O Line, if the D Line is set...But these aren't the right guys!!

Top Tier

Rodney Hudson, Florida State ~ 6.2/285
Mike Pouncey, Florida ~ 6.4/310 ~ As a Center, he makes one HELL of a Guard!!
Orlando Franklin, Miami ~ 6.7/315 ~ Left Tackle Conversion, I expect.
Benjamin Ijalana, Villanova ~ 6.4/320
Steve Schilling, Michigan ~ 6.5/310
Clint Boling, Georgia ~ 6.5/305
John Moffit, Wisconsin ~ 6.4/325
Justin Boren, Ohio State ~ 6.3/320

Some Late Rounders

Andrew Jackson, Fresno State ~ 6.5/295
Bryant Browning, Ohio State ~ 6.3/315
Will Rackley, Lehigh ~ 6.4/305
Zach Hurd, Connecticut ~ 6.7/325
Dave Arkin, Missouri State ~ 6.5/300
Keith Williams, Nebraska ~ 6.5/310

X Factors

DeMarcus Love, Arkansas ~ 6.5/315 ~ Possible Conversion. Many OT's are, this year, but he is the highest ranked: a possible 1st Rounder.

*Nate Potter, Boise State ~ 6.6/295 ~ High Grade Junior who'll probably come out.

*Ryan Miller, Colorado ~ 6.8/310 ~ High Grade Junior who might come out.

Binkie Alert!!

Benjamin Ijalana, Villanova ~ 6.4/320

Small School Raw Talent with enormous upside. Powerfull Punch. Strong Hands. Ferocious. Tremendous Lateral Agility. Exceptional Vertical Drive will win him the great majority of Leverage Battles when he gets coached up. Impressive athleticism on the move, and an aggressive, hostile regard towards Defenders. Raw as hell...and that's where we come in. Most teams will not invest a late 2nd Rounder or a 3rd on a Right Guard who's going to need a lot of work on his technique before he's ready to step in there...But most teams don't have Coach Bill's Vision...or Dante Scarnecchia.

Tackles

There's a little more, here, to work with, but the Tackles, too, are pretty weak, this year. That could change, though, if some High Caliber Juniors and Red Shirt Sophomores decide to take the plunge...

Top Tier

Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State ~ 6.5/305
Anthony Castonzo, Boston College ~ 6.7/310
DeMarcus Love, Arkansas ~ 6.5/315
Nate Solder, Colorado ~ 6.8/315
Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin ~ 6.7/320
*Matt Reyonolds, Brigham Young ~ 6.6/320

Some Second Tier Guys

Jason Pinkston, Pittsburgh ~ 6.4/310
Marcus Cannon, TCU ~ 6.5/360

Some Day 3 Guys

*Blake DeChristopher, Virginia Tech ~ 6.5/305
Danny Watkins, Baylor ~ 6.4/310
Jim Carpenter, Alabama ~ 6.5/300
Marcus Gilbert, Florida ~ 6.5/320
Jim Brewer, Indiana ~ 6.6/330
Joe Barksdale, LSU ~ 6.5/320
Chris Hairston, Clemson ~ 6.7/325
Curt Porter, Jacksonville State ~ 6.7/315
Lee Ziemba, Auburn ~ 6.6/320

Late Round Dark Horses

Darius Morris, Temple ~ 6.4/310
DJ Young, Michigan State ~ 6.5/300
Cody Habben, Washington ~ 6.6/290
Jah Reid, UCF ~ 6.7/325

X Factors

*Tyron Smith, USC ~ 6.6/285 ~ An exceptional talent, Smith could vault ahead of the LOT of them, were he to declare.

*Al Netter, NorthWestern ~ 6.6/310...And Netter could, in turn, edge out Smith.

**Bobbie Massie, Mississippi ~ 6.6/312 ~ The top rated Offensive Tackle out of a class ~ 2013 ~ that is replete with Red Shirt Sophomores who are far more dangerous than their Senior counterparts at this position.

**Matt Kalil, USC ~ 6.6/295 ~ Smith is, potentially, the best prospect in this Class...and Kalil's addition to the USC lineup forced Smith to remain at Right Tackle. He is...very good.

**Tanner Hawkinson, Kansas ~ 6.36/295 ~ Yet another UnderClassMan with more FirePower than any of the Seniors!!

**Riley Rieff, Iowa ~ 6.6/300 ~ Rieff might be the best of them all.

If ANY of those 6 UnderClassMen declare, they’d be worth considering, because any of them could eventually go Top 10, if they hold off for a year…

Binkie Alert!!

Nate Solder, Colorado ~ 6.8/315

I think these guys are prime candidates to get over drafted. But Nate Solder does offer an absolutely amazing blend of Size, Power, and Athleticism. He, too, needs a lot of work, though, and, as with Benjamin Ijalana, that could play in our favor: The reluctance of 31 other GMs to invest such a critical Pick in a guy who's skills are raw ~ he's a recent Offensive End Conversion ~ could very well drop a 1st Round Caliber Talent to the mid or later 2nd Round...where we could pounce on him, put him to work in The Dante Scarnecchia School of Extraordinary Grizzlies...and spend the rest of the decade with, potentially, the best Offensive Tackle Tandem in the nation.

I am sick to TEARS of Nick Kaczur being misused at Right Tackle.

The man was born to play O Guard.

Of course, at 32 ~ as of next year ~ that ship's all but sailed.

O Tackle

Our best move would be to bring in Sebastian II: His name is Willie Smith, and he's currently projected for the 6th round, though ~ like Sebastian the Cruel ~ he'll certainly shoot up the boards all the way to the 2nd or 3rd...and STILL be an incredible bargain, at that point.

ReSign Matt Light for 2 or 3 years, develop Willie "Fresh Prince" Smith behind him, and Steve Maneri as Swing Tackle ~ and either Lee Smith or Will Yeatman as a P Squad Swing Tackle, with the other going directly to Tight End behind Alge Crumpler ~ and then TRADE Matt Light for a 4th Rounder or so, a year, hence.

I'm also intrigued by the notion of bringing in the raw but athletic and huge Eric Mensik of Oklahoma. He's a VERY recent O Tackle Conversion from Tight End.

O Guard

ReSign Logan Mankins. If he won't be reasonable, then FRANCHISE his @$$ ~ assuming the new rules allow for it, which I expect they will ~ and roll'm for a couple 2's. But for now, I'm planning on retaining him, thank you very much.

Right now, as before, I'm inclined to draft Benjamin Ijalana. He commands an astonishing blend of Force, Power, and Athleticism. He's raw as hell, but God knows Dante's up for that challenge.

He could be DOMINANT.

Center

If we'd followed my lead and Traded Forward with the Raider Pick for Marquis de Pouncey ~ as I was screaming for us to do, this Spring ~ we'd be getting ready for the Super Bowl, right now.

As it is, there's no sense in chasing any of the solid Centers in this year's Draft, when we've already got a solid Center in Dan Koppen.

As I've been preaching for years: Solid Blocking gets you IN the PlayOffs.

GREAT Blocking...WINS the PlayOffs.

I would think that 3 straight years of having our solid O Line come up short in the PlayOffs would make that crystal clear to ALL.

We can't improve on KoppenHagen, so we need not try: Better to improve the rest of the team ~ including bringing in the likes of Swing Backs like Marion Fannin and Henry Hynoski to pick up Blitzers that Koppen misses ~ and win that way...

And then in 2012 we can fix the Pouncey error...by drafting Mike Brewster.

I am sick to TEARS of Nick Kaczur being misused at Right Tackle.

The man was born to play O Guard.

Of course, at 32 ~ as of next year ~ that ship's all but sailed.

O Tackle

Our best move would be to bring in Sebastian II: His name is Willie Smith, and he's currently projected for the 6th round, though ~ like Sebastian the Cruel ~ he'll certainly shoot up the boards all the way to the 2nd or 3rd...and STILL be an incredible bargain, at that point.

ReSign Matt Light for 2 or 3 years, develop Willie "Fresh Prince" Smith behind him, and Steve Maneri as Swing Tackle ~ and either Lee Smith or Will Yeatman as a P Squad Swing Tackle, with the other going directly to Tight End behind Alge Crumpler ~ and then TRADE Matt Light for a 4th Rounder or so, a year, hence.

I'm also intrigued by the notion of bringing in the raw but athletic and huge Eric Mensik of Oklahoma. He's a VERY recent O Tackle Conversion from Tight End.

O Guard

ReSign Logan Mankins. If he won't be reasonable, then FRANCHISE his @$$ ~ assuming the new rules allow for it, which I expect they will ~ and roll'm for a couple 2's. But for now, I'm planning on retaining him, thank you very much.

Right now, as before, I'm inclined to draft Benjamin Ijalana. He commands an astonishing blend of Force, Power, and Athleticism. He's raw as hell, but God knows Dante's up for that challenge.

He could be DOMINANT.

Center

If we'd followed my lead and Traded Forward with the Raider Pick for Marquis de Pouncey ~ as I was screaming for us to do, this Spring ~ we'd be getting ready for the Super Bowl, right now.

As it is, there's no sense in chasing any of the solid Centers in this year's Draft, when we've already got a solid Center in Dan Koppen.

As I've been preaching for years: Solid Blocking gets you IN the PlayOffs.

GREAT Blocking...WINS the PlayOffs.

I would think that 3 straight years of having our solid O Line come up short in the PlayOffs would make that crystal clear to ALL.

We can't improve on KoppenHagen, so we need not try: Better to improve the rest of the team ~ including bringing in the likes of Swing Backs like Marion Fannin and Henry Hynoski to pick up Blitzers that Koppen misses ~ and win that way...

And then in 2012 we can fix the Pouncey error...by drafting Mike Brewster.

You need to go pick up Brewster's letter of intent to the Patriots.

Last edited:
TACKLE

===
INTERIOR LINE

I completely agree with everything in this post. If Light re-signs we are set at OT. Belichick said in 2009 that this was the deepest position on the team and that we have 4 starters but only 2 can play at one time (Light, Vollmer, Levoir, and Kaczur). Bill said he is comfortable with any of these guys starting. The OT class sucks this year too IMO. My favorite is Costanzo but even he didn't look so good in the Senior Bowl although he had a great week of practice. Solder got killed in the Senior Bowl game but allegedly had a good week of practice. I have seen Sherrod play a couple times this year and I thought he sucked vs Arkansas and blew the game missing a block which became a strip sack. Tyron Smith from USC is the best OT in this years class and if he can bulk up he could be like a Sam Baker. Hes not out of this world but he can become a solid OT if he gains 15-20 pounds.

At OG we need to find a starter next year. Neal is old and injured constantly despite the fact he grades out as usually one of the best run and pass blocking guards in the game. Dan Connelly was destroyed vs San Diego and vs the Jets in the playoffs and must be upgraded. Mankins is the second best OG in the game to Jahri Evans and needs to be resigned. I really hope we draft Boling from Georgia or Watkins from Baylor who is my personal favorite. Watkins is a plug and play guy. You draft him and he starts at OG for the next 7 years!

I know everyone gives Koppen a hard time here but I don't see that many centers better then him in the league and this class doesnt impress me. Koppen was listed as a Pro Bowl Snub this year by Yahoo Sports! I know he personally was responsible for 2 sacks this year in the Baltimore game vs Ngata and he does get overpowered at times by bigger NGs but is there anyone out there we can get who is better? ESPN Scouts Inc has only 3 centers in the league rated as better players then Koppen: 1) Mangold, 2)Kalil, 3) Mack. Bring back Koppen and maybe use a 4th or 5th on a project center.

I know everyone gives Koppen a hard time here but I don't see that many centers better then him in the league and this class doesnt impress me. Koppen was listed as a Pro Bowl Snub this year by Yahoo Sports! I know he personally was responsible for 2 sacks this year in the Baltimore game vs Ngata and he does get overpowered at times by bigger NGs but is there anyone out there we can get who is better? ESPN Scouts Inc has only 3 centers in the league rated as better players then Koppen: 1) Mangold, 2)Kalil, 3) Mack. Bring back Koppen and maybe use a 4th or 5th on a project center.

Sorry, but I gotta ask: Why waste a pick on a Center if you agree that there's nobody out there better than Koppen, this year?

Like I said: There are no Centers in this Draft better than "good", and we've already got "good" in Koppen, so burning a pick on Center would be a waste of Assets.

Better to draft a ferocious Guard like Ben Ijalana or Danny Watkins ~ though I would definitely pass on Watkins, myself ~ and a Swing Back or two: Full Service Full Backs like Henry Hynoski or a conversion like Mario Fannin...or both, if I had my druthers. These are guys who can pick up the Blocks when Koppen gets burned ~ again ~ in the PlayOffs, next year.

And then snag Mike Brewster, next year.

I watched Brewster closely during the Sugar Bowl. He was getting pushed around like a rag doll. I was very unimpressed.

Sorry, but I gotta ask: Why waste a pick on a Center if you agree that there's nobody out there better than Koppen, this year?

Like I said: There are no Centers in this Draft better than "good", and we've already got "good" in Koppen, so burning a pick on Center would be a waste of Assets

Have you gotten to see Zane Taylor, Ryan Pugh, or Tim Barnes at all? I haven't I'm wondering how they've looked.

Also, a reason to bring in a center is that he might very well be better than Koppen next year or the year beyond.

Why don't you like Watkins?

The guy at C I'm thinking about is Moffitt from Wisconsin. He played C for 2 years then moved to G. Wisconsin has a great C prospect Konz coming along and they wanted to get him on the field. So, they moved Moffitt to C. He's considered a road grader type. We usually go for the OL that's a little quicker and more athletic. But, with more and more teams going to the 3-4. Do you need a bigger C to handle those bohemoths at NG? He can probably handle RG if he can't make the conversion to C. Don't want to go too high on him. But, I'd take him at 92 if he's there.

Our hands are really tied at the draft if the CBA isn't resolved. Along with the whole league I guess. But, we won't know if Mankins and Light are coming back. If we keep both. OL moves back a little and Moffitt is fine. Maybe a developmental T like Willie Smith in the 4th. We can use the top 5 picks on the defensive front and to wheel and deal. Up/down and into next year.

The guy at C I'm thinking about is Moffitt from Wisconsin. He played C for 2 years then moved to G. Wisconsin has a great C prospect Konz coming along and they wanted to get him on the field. So, they moved Moffitt to C. He's considered a road grader type. We usually go for the OL that's a little quicker and more athletic. But, with more and more teams going to the 3-4. Do you need a bigger C to handle those bohemoths at NG? He can probably handle RG if he can't make the conversion to C. Don't want to go too high on him. But, I'd take him at 92 if he's there.

Our hands are really tied at the draft if the CBA isn't resolved. Along with the whole league I guess. But, we won't know if Mankins and Light are coming back. If we keep both. OL moves back a little and Moffitt is fine. Maybe a developmental T like Willie Smith in the 4th. We can use the top 5 picks on the defensive front and to wheel and deal. Up/down and into next year.

The best center in college football is the current Wisconsin center Konz. If BB passes on a center in this draft, I think Konz will be on his draft board next year for sure.

Although Valahose from Alabama is another center that is smart and more than strong enough to have an outstanding career for us.

As for this year's draft O'Dowd and Kirkpatrick should be on BB's draft board.

Like I said: There are no Centers in this Draft better than "good", and we've already got "good" in Koppen, so burning a pick on Center would be a waste of Assets.

Better to draft a ferocious Guard like Ben Ijalana or Danny Watkins ~ though I would definitely pass on Watkins, myself ~ and a Swing Back or two: Full Service Full Backs like Henry Hynoski or a conversion like Mario Fannin...or both, if I had my druthers. These are guys who can pick up the Blocks when Koppen gets burned ~ again ~ in the PlayOffs, next year.

Have you gotten to see Zane Taylor, Ryan Pugh, or Tim Barnes at all? I haven't I'm wondering how they've looked.

Also, a reason to bring in a center is that he might very well be better than Koppen next year or the year beyond.

Why don't you like Watkins?

* I haven't see those Cats that you mention, as yet ~ at least: I don't remember seeing them. I derive 99% of my opinions from evaluating the Evaluators, anyway.

* I'm not YET aware of any Centers in this year's Draft that would improve on Brother KoppenHagen, which is part of why I was FROTHING for us to pick The Marquis, back in April.

* I LOVE Watkins...But his combination of short height and short arms puts him Beyond the Pale. When I see a guy with that Skill Set, all I can think of is that he's JUST the guy to get us IN the PlayOffs...and then help us LOSE.

SELL.

I love Moffitt, but I cannot be trusted on Wisconsin Grizzlies, as I love every one'f'm.

Moffitt, though, strikes me as too much of an Howitzer. We need TANKS.

The best center in college football is the current Wisconsin center Konz. If BB passes on a center in this draft, I think Konz will be on his draft board next year for sure.

Although Valahose from Alabama is another center that is smart and more than strong enough to have an outstanding career for us.

As for this year's draft O'Dowd and Kirkpatrick should be on BB's draft board.

Damned good point.

Konz would be a DREAM.

If we can get either him or Brewster, next year, to help us win our 2nd and 3rd consecutive Super Bowls, I'd be pretty happy.

Vlachos of Alabama ~ I assume you mean him? ~ is too short for my taste.

KirkPatrick is good, but I'm ALL SET on drafting Centers if they don't eclipse KoppenHagen. Again: Why waste the Asset??

Meanwhile, we can win our 4th Super Bowl ~ and go UnDefeated, by the way ~ with KoppenHagen, provided we take the next several steps forward in forging a FEROCIOUS D!!

* I haven't see those Cats that you mention, as yet ~ at least: I don't remember seeing them. I derive 99% of my opinions from evaluating the Evaluators, anyway.

* I'm not YET aware of any Centers in this year's Draft that would improve on Brother KoppenHagen, which is part of why I was FROTHING for us to pick The Marquis, back in April.

* I LOVE Watkins...But his combination of short height and short arms puts him Beyond the Pale. When I see a guy with that Skill Set, all I can think of is that he's JUST the guy to get us IN the PlayOffs...and then help us LOSE.

SELL.

Watkins is just under 6-4 with arms just over 33 inches, are we talking about the same guy?

Anyway, I'd prefer a guard shorter within reason, less height means better center of gravity and it makes it easier for the QB to see over them.

I've found that Wes Bunting is a pretty good evaluator. And based on what I saw in the Sr Bowl, I totally agree with many of his OL assessments. I'm nowhere near as sold on Solder and Castanzo as Kiper and the likes. The one guy I think Bunting is underestimating is James Carpenter. I think Carpenter will be a starter in the NFL.

SELL.

Watkins is just under 6-4 with arms just over 33 inches, are we talking about the same guy?

Anyway, I'd prefer a guard shorter within reason, less height means better center of gravity and it makes it easier for the QB to see over them.

Evidently, we are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes