PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grizzlies: The Offensive Front Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly a news flash but I saw this in Reiss' blog

"The offensive tackle is a very interesting board," he said. Part of what makes it interesting is that there is less concern with a group of tackles when projecting them to guard than what there would normally be."

Nick Fairley + New England Patriots = Pro Bowler | National Football Post

Patriots like players with flexibility along the line, watch those Tackles to Guard candidates closely in rounds 2-4.

Well said, sir: I am targeting two such conversions, myself, in those rounds, even though my game plan includes a ~ purely theoretical ~ rapprochement with Logan Mankins.

I was just about to post a questions "Should the Patriots have drafted a guard in rounds 2 or 3?"

The verdicts are mixed.

Fan favorite Danny Watkins is not doing well in Philly
"He has been a worrisome cog in a shaky offensive line, and he's also trying to adjust to life in a new city where his work life is closely dissected."

Eagles rookie Watkins: Transition to NFL "definitely overwhelming" | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/06/2011

but the Bengals are ready to give Clint Boiling a shot
"He’s a smart guy," Cook said. "Very athletic. He has a lot potential … whether it's games or practices or scrimmages or line drills, we’ve had a chance to work together, so I think we’ll be all right."

Bengals on guard for Sunday

In the short term Waters is likely better than any rookie, I am not sold on running backs in the first couple of rounds. IMO RBs are a dime a dozen, I would rather over draft for the offensive and defensive lines but that is qhy BB is 35 years in the league.

Holy CRAP, CJ!! :lol2: :rocker:

Timely and refreshing points, sir...

Give me a day or three for a more cogent response: I'm still working through the Malaise that Coach Bill The Mad's indecipherable cuts have imposed on my Spirit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes