PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg ****erson Says Rumor Branch is Changing Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumor is true than this is the perfect segue towards an extension of his contract. This whole team first to me first attitude is just wild. I would have never thought he could switch from one side to the other so quickly.

If this does happen and he does extend then the Pats win too because they now can solidify their message that the Seymour hold out was a special case and that that kind of strategy only works for very special cases. In fact I can only think of two players where that would work currently and that's Brady and Seymour.

****erson knows nothing, he throws things out there to make it sound like he has an in.

Ah... the old "blame it on the agent and move on" trick

a little transparent as a PR move, but let's hope that's what's in the works

I highly doubt it's true.

Interesting though in the fact that it is the one scenario I see where both the player and the team save face!

Willie55 said:
****erson knows nothing, he throws things out there to make it sound like he has an in.
You nailed it 55. He reads these things on message boards and then goes on the air and says "my source in Miami says..." He does it practically every night.

I hope it is true!!!

If you are a player looking for an agent, does Chayut look good to you??

Just like the postons, if you are a player, do you want someone that is going to create a huge problem, or do you consider him a "hard nosed take no crap" agent and hire him?

Pats67 said:
You nailed it 55. He reads these things on message boards and then goes on the air and says "my source in Miami says..." He does it practically every night.
maybe somebody here should post that they saw Hazel Mae at a bar recently and overheard her saying how ****erson was all hot and stuff and how much she would like to have at him.

then when ****erson reads this and calls her and gets all Pat O'Brien with her, she slaps him with a stalker-harassment suit

somebody should do this and see what happens

Attachments

• patobrien-thumb.jpg
    patobrien-thumb.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 231
Keep your fingers crossed....."Even a broke clock is right twice a day" or how about this one "Even the sun shines on a ducks butt once in a while" Maybe he gets this one right...sounds like the easier way out for all parties.

I think a couple of years ago, ****erson saw himself as becoming the next Glen Ordway.

He's kind of a kocky twit who desperately wants to be part of the sports media elite in this town.

The problem is unlike guys like Ordway and others, he's not that bright,witty or interesting. He ....and Tanguay, bring NOTHING to the table.

He has a habit of throwing out junk like this Deion's agent tidbit to make himself feel relevant.

More than likely, it's a bunch of hot air.

BelichickFan said:
He's the co-host of Sports Tonight on Fox Sports New England. Despite the stuff being said about him here, I like him - it's his partner Tanguay who I think is a bufoon.

I totally agree there...

****erson is a good young sports guy...

Tanguay is a jack@$$ who likes to play devil's advocate all the time because he thinks controversy is the only thing that will keep people watching his stupid arse!

(And he's right! Otherwise, how would I know that? LOL!)

By the way, the Urlacher rumor was not totally unfounded. The Patriots and the Bears had discussions about Urlacher.

Bill Belichick on the phone to Bears coach Lovie Smith: "Hey, Lovie. How's it going. It's Thurston Howell III! (Chuckles at his own archaic Gilligan's Island reference)"

Lovie Smith: "What's up, Bill? Still watching Gilligan's Island re-runs, I see."

BB: "Yea, I just wanted see how the weather is out there. My kids and I are flying in on Saturday."

LS: "Kinda windy. It's Chicago."

BB: "Okay, thanks. Talk to you soon."

LS: "Okay, Bill. By the way, Brian Urlacher just popped his head in to say hello and I told him you were on the phone. He sends his regards."

BB: "Oh, say hi to Brian for me."

LS: "You got it."

BB: "Take care."

Greg ****erson (who is standing in Belichick's office during the call): "Who was that, coach?"

BB: "Lovie Smith from the Bears."

GD: "Did I hear you mention a "Brian"? That wouldn't be Brian Urlacher, would it?"

BB: "Yes."

GD: "Okay, coach. See ya."

BB: "Bye, Greg."

Tanguay: TONIGHT ON NEW ENGLAND SPORTS TONIGHT - PATS DISCUSS URLACHER WITH BEARS....

Last edited:
as wrong as he might be, all we have left to do at this moment is hope he is right. as said a few times on here, it would be the one way both the player and team have left to look good and move on

I dont see anyway the team looks bad in this situation.

They have made him two offers. He doesnt want to come into camp. They dont bad mouth him. The players respect him and hope the best for him. Its Branch and his agent that come out looking like A holes.

kptmorgan04 said:
as wrong as he might be, all we have left to do at this moment is hope he is right. as said a few times on here, it would be the one way both the player and team have left to look good and move on
This MAY be a break that both need...if this gets done soon and reasonableness is again an option GREAT!!! I think all fans WANT Branch here and playing..and I also think this is the window gets done. And if so GREAT!! But I am not optimistic at all..and as for D and T?? Ugh!! I do watch them..they are just palatable..if that NOT as bad as Gresh..why have him on?? Felger..Mr negative young?? Mr big mouth... But enough of them..what is important is that an impasse might be broken...If not then simple see ya DB!!

Broomer said:
maybe somebody here should post that they saw Hazel Mae at a bar recently and overheard her saying how ****erson was all hot and stuff and how much she would like to have at him.

then when ****erson reads this and calls her and gets all Pat O'Brien with her, she slaps him with a stalker-harassment suit

somebody should do this and see what happens

Hazel Mae?

I f***ed her!

Oh!

http://www.geocities.com/kissingtheflames/adctheman.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Does not appear to be any truth to the rumor as per a certain sportswriter we all respect. He told me today, when I ran into him at the stadium, that he tried to get confirmation and there did not appear to be much to it.

fgssand said:
Does not appear to be any truth to the rumor as per a certain sportswriter we all respect. He told me today, when I ran into him at the stadium, that he tried to get confirmation and there did not appear to be much to it.
Ahhh....optimism shot down before it even gets a head of steam...Thanks for that update..even though not what I think all fans wish for. I think that WOULD break the impasse though. Was ****erson trying to start a rumor to make it happen? I wonder what Reiss will say at 2??

Pats726 said:
Ahhh....optimism shot down before it even gets a head of steam...Thanks for that update..even though not what I think all fans wish for. I think that WOULD break the impasse though. Was ****erson trying to start a rumor to make it happen? I wonder what Reiss will say at 2??

Methinks you just read it in Fggsand's post. ("A sportswiter we all respect")

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
I wonder what Reiss will say at 2??

If you are able to findout, please let us know asap.

I'm kind of figuring the only two sports writers that most around here respect are Curran and Reiss, so he could very well be the one he is refering to.

Sucks though. Certainly sounded to good to be true!

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be Curran....This from Reiss....

Sammime: have you heard rumors that Deion Branch may fire his agent? Don't you think that it would be better for him to start over with someone new?
Mike_Reiss: I did hear those rumors. Checked with the NFL Players Association this morning and they still have the same agent on file as representing Deion Branch. That paperwork can sometimes be slow to be processed, so it's possible that it's true. But I haven't been able to confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes