Welcome to PatsFans.com

Greg Blue

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Jdubh3, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdubh3

Jdubh3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think that this guy is one player that will be on the Pats radar come draft day. BB and Pioli love there Georgia boys, and Blue is defiately a heck of a player. Didn't play that well in the BCS game against WVU, but then again who did for most of that game for Georgia. He'll be a first day pick more than likely. What do you guys think?
  2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +234 / 18 / -38

#50 Jersey

Blue is a heck of a player who didn't play well in many games this year. I watched two other games and I wasn't impressed by him or Minter. Blue does't like to wrap up. He likes to hit a guy and hopes that the guy loses his balance and falls.

Also, how does a free safety go his entire college career with only 2 interceptions? Blue didn't have an interception until this season.
  3. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

From a phyical standpoint, Blue would be an ideal fit to replace Rodney long-term. He's big with CB speed and is a fearsome hitter. Problem is he is a liability in coverage. I personally like him, but as an early 3rd round guy.
  4. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Blue stuggles a lot in coverage. He has very poor ball skills, hence the lack of interceptions. Not very instinctive.

However he could still make a team as a special teams demon. If he's taught to tackle a bit better, get his head across the torso and wrap up, he could be very productive on ST.
  5. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I like him. He's a physical presence back there, and a good leader on that Georgia defense. They're saying teams like the Colts with faster LBs will look to convert him, but I think he can progress into a very good strong safety. If we don't take DB with our first rounder, I'd look into taking him in the 2nd.
  6. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +148 / 10 / -8

Beli quote

Wasn't here a Belichick quote that went something like..." Don't give me a defensive guy who can't tackle. What would I do with him?"...
  7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +95 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Being down here in Dawg country, I get to see all the games, (becuase if you are not watching the game, you will be very lonely). Blue is one of those keep your head on a swivel players (like Rodney) that every reciever must think about. He hits like a truck! and Gerogia players seem to adapt well to the Patriots systems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.