PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdubh3

Rookie
Reaction score
I think that this guy is one player that will be on the Pats radar come draft day. BB and Pioli love there Georgia boys, and Blue is defiately a heck of a player. Didn't play that well in the BCS game against WVU, but then again who did for most of that game for Georgia. He'll be a first day pick more than likely. What do you guys think?

Blue is a heck of a player who didn't play well in many games this year. I watched two other games and I wasn't impressed by him or Minter. Blue does't like to wrap up. He likes to hit a guy and hopes that the guy loses his balance and falls.

Also, how does a free safety go his entire college career with only 2 interceptions? Blue didn't have an interception until this season.

From a phyical standpoint, Blue would be an ideal fit to replace Rodney long-term. He's big with CB speed and is a fearsome hitter. Problem is he is a liability in coverage. I personally like him, but as an early 3rd round guy.

Blue stuggles a lot in coverage. He has very poor ball skills, hence the lack of interceptions. Not very instinctive.

However he could still make a team as a special teams demon. If he's taught to tackle a bit better, get his head across the torso and wrap up, he could be very productive on ST.

I like him. He's a physical presence back there, and a good leader on that Georgia defense. They're saying teams like the Colts with faster LBs will look to convert him, but I think he can progress into a very good strong safety. If we don't take DB with our first rounder, I'd look into taking him in the 2nd.

Beli quote

Ochmed Jones said:
Blue stuggles a lot in coverage. He has very poor ball skills, hence the lack of interceptions. Not very instinctive.

However he could still make a team as a special teams demon. If he's taught to tackle a bit better, get his head across the torso and wrap up, he could be very productive on ST.

Wasn't here a Belichick quote that went something like..." Don't give me a defensive guy who can't tackle. What would I do with him?"...

Being down here in Dawg country, I get to see all the games, (becuase if you are not watching the game, you will be very lonely). Blue is one of those keep your head on a swivel players (like Rodney) that every reciever must think about. He hits like a truck! and Gerogia players seem to adapt well to the Patriots systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back