PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greenway's pro day numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
According to KFFL, Chad Greenway measured at 6'2" and 240, ran 40 times of 4.58 and 4.62, had a 38 inch vertical, a 10 foot broad jump, and did 19 reps. He strained his hamstring and was unable to complete the shuttles.

Greenway is currently ranked around #20 on most draft sites. The team most likely to draft him seemed to be Cleveland, but they seem infatuated with Broderick Bunkley and Kamerion Wembley. Could this injury scare teams a tiny bit, maybe 3-4 spots down the board? If so, he could fall right into our laps.

Could this be Vince Wilfork all over again?

I don't think the Browns will take him as #12 would be a little high. A few weeks ago I thought be wouldn't be there at #21 but momentum seems to be moving him down a little. His biggest problem seems to be getting off blocks so I don't think he's our inside guy to team with Bruschi but if we're leaving Vrabel inside then Greenway looks like an excellent 3-4 OLB. As he plays for Belichick's pal at Iowa, Kirk Ferentz, you can be sure Belichick will know everything he needs to about Greenway.

He has dropped a couple pounds since the Combine and improved his 40 times, he actually helped himself despite the hamstring tweak. 3-4 teams will take a hard look at him because of his size, but the 4-3 teams will love him for his instincts and coverage skills.

I agree that the Pats will not want Greenway at ILB. He runs around blocks and does not show explosion in his tackles, although he is excellent in coverage. I also don't think he fits as a 3-4 OLB. He is only 6'2'' 240 lbs and is not a natural pass rusher, nor does he seem capable of stacking guards to set the edge on running plays. The Pats have never drafted a player from Iowa since BB has been in charge, which is curious. As far as Greenway as a 4-3 LB, to my eyes he plays a little soft and does not intimidate like DeMeco Ryans, Ernie Sims or DQwell Jackson. I realize I sound like a contrarian but just watching him he seems more like a Barrett Ruud-style second rounder than an impact 1st rd LB. I doubt the Pats are considering him at #21.

I think that the fact that his "leg tightened up on him a bit", will have an impact on how BB views him. BB tends to ignore guys with those type problems, although I think Woick (however you spell it) does a fantastic job of designing programs to help mitigate games lost to those type injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case