PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great dig at the Colts by BB re., QB philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you suck for luck and you don't have the worst record in the league?

You end up drafting Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer instead of Tim Duncan. "Suck for Luck" only works if you pull it off, obviously.

Great response. I'm sure you're going to tell me that BB never does something like pimping a player just shortly before cutting him, for example.
Pimping a player is different than taking a shot at another team for intentionally putting an inferior product on the field. Clearly you don't understand the difference.

Feh. First of all, what Deus said. Secondly, they've got their franchise guy, he puts up stats, and he's won a division. Fair enough, "suck for Luck" worked out, but we'll see if Luck ever gets a ring. It's worth saying at least. Hell, he could plateau at "gets you to the playoffs and that's it."

Thirdly BB specified the Pats' behavior at QB too, having somebody who they can get NFL-ready, referencing the Cassel season. He believes in being ready whether for injury or retirement. I don't think this would surprise Brady. The pick said more than the coach did either way.

Lastly, to anybody who believes that the Pats can only succeed with Tom Brady, I'd remind you that Drew Bledsoe got us exactly as far in '96-'97 as Brady got us in '07-'08 or '11-'12 (and farther than we got in other years since 2004.) I don't think Drew was better, that's dumb. I'm just pointing out the team nature of this game. I'll take a Belichick-coached team for the foreseeable future, and this move just allays one back-of-the-mind fear that BB might choose to go out on top when TFB goes out. Wouldn't that be a kick in the groin?

We'll get a real good look at a lad with a lightning-fast release, accuracy, arm strength, and some athleticism/escapability, who by the way idolizes Tom Brady. He might be our Aaron Rodgers.

But the really nice part about "early not late" is that we have up to 4 more drafts to figure out for "sure" that he's the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back