PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gosselin says Maroney best value pick of Rd 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a portion of what he said...

Picks of the draft

01:00 AM EDT on Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Dallas Morning News' Rick Gosselin lists the picks he thinks were the best value in each round of the NFL draft.

ROUND ONE

LAURENCE MORONEY, RB, PATRIOTS: Corey Dillon has hit the wall as an NFL running back. Maroney has the big-back size Bill Belichick likes (5-11 1/2, 217) and the durability to carry the ball 20 to 25 times per game. He'll ease the offensive burden on Tom Brady for years to come.

Gosselin picked out three of the players that I loved in the pre-draft workup: Richard Marshall in the second, who I wanted for the Pats, Mark Anderson in the 5th, who I wanted for the Pats, and Tim McGarigle in the 7th, who I wanted for the Pats. I cant believe any of them fell as far as they did.

He divided his logic into thirds. I'm hoping he's only two thirds right and Corey being done isn't part of Maroney's added value just yet.

Did you notice that Gosselin also said, "Any player off that 2005 Alabama defense is a good pick"? Since we have one of the Tide's starting LB's, Freddie Roach, Gosselin has indirectly pimped the Pats a second time! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News