PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell is the biggest troll this board has ever seen and we need to stop feeding him…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It is August 9th and you have to literally scroll down the entire page to find an actual football discussion. It sucks, it really does, the fact we have all fed into Roger Goodell’s ego by making him the topic of every discussion. Unfortunately we live in a society where being known or famous can be achieved by being a fraudulent attention whore. Goodell is savoring every moment of this, giggling like a school girl at the sound of it.

Last year there would have been 10 threads about the 53 man roster, the training camp note threads would have been 10-15 pages deep, this year they aren't even in the top 10. Much like Kim Kardashian, Roger Goodell does not care if he is remembered for the right reasons, he only cares that he is remembered, which is all that matters and we are doing exactly what he wants.

I do not expect everyone to drop the subject, but let's get this back to football discussions on some level, if Ian has taught us anything it is to put the trolls on your ignore list, and Goodell is the biggest troll of all, ignore it to the best of your ability.

So true.

In part because I wasn't able to attend as many practices this year but also in part to the fact that I thought it would be burried and thus not worth my time I did not create a thread for my SBB camp notes this year. Instead I just made a few comments in the regular daily thread.

e04a03da9c11f312f52b3ad740189e96_crop_exact.jpg

1177efb5bee1ccdcbc73d5a046c5e662_crop_exact.jpg

829b65d662d7c73b2c829f1c2551b80a_crop_exact.jpg

You just fed him a T-bone steak by starting another thread. Look, it's topical and I think there is merit to fanning the flames under R. Stokoe's ass. It's not going to subside until the Brady case is resolved anyway.

I agree. I hate to say it, but I have been paying far more attention to Deflategate updates compared to what is going on in camp. Goodell has destroyed my love for training camp time of the year. More reason for me to hate him.

You just fed him a T-bone steak by starting another thread. Look, it's topical and I think there is merit to fanning the flames under R. Stokoe's ass. It's not going to subside until the Brady case is resolved anyway.

I think it merits Goodell being taking behind a barn and shot. I'm pretty sure the footballs could have been filled with cocanie and the DEA could wrap up the investigation in less than 8 months.

I don't disagree with you here, I get the reasoning for the discussions but it seems to have consumed the board at this point.

Amendola is smashing the girl who is on Quick Slants so his on field performance is irrelevant I cannot speak ill of the man knowing he is capable of that.

I cannot imagine Goodell is loving this at all. I truly believe that he wishes he had never let this get this far.

I long for football discussions but I am enjoying the turn of events that have taken place over the last few weeks.

Besides, what else am I going to talk about at this point after reading 1000's of pages of defamegate BS. o_O

Maybe time to start pushing all these to the dedicated deflategate side-page again, so we can focus on football in the main site....That was a nice feature of the site, would be nice to resuscitate it...cough cough ian/mods :)

Then the sonova***** has the nerve to spew "Tom is a great player and a fine young man" or some such bile.

He and his butt-pals have effectively stained Tom's accomplishments for a long-time coming. The public perception of guilt may lessen over time but it will be a LONG time. Brady hasn't even hung 'em up yet, as long as he plays the specter will remain unless he wins a defamation suit.

However that wouldn't budge perception all that much. We need this **** to be over and get on the road to putting it behind. God Damn Goodell and the media jackals for dragging this out and making it 100000000000x worse. ****ers.

This is a once in a lifetime situation happening to the greatest qb of all time who happens to be on our team. He is being framed by the nfl for something he didnt do. We can talk about aaron dobsons vast improvement next year.

Maybe time to start pushing all these to the dedicated deflategate side-page again, so we can focus on football in the main site....That was a nice feature of the site, would be nice to resuscitate it...cough cough ian/mods :)
Really? When we're in the ninth inning?

Really? When we're in the ninth inning?

Ditto. While I was a big subforum booster, I also think anything Gatewise that has an "endgame" aspect belongs front and center.

It wouldn't be hard to find it. :rolleyes:

Use the Ignore Thread feature. I do.
yeah i have been...a lot (I've got carpal tunnel from it :)). But I actually want to see it sometimes, and in that case it would be nice to be able to visit a quarantined subforum.

Use the Ignore Thread feature. I do.
I forgot about that, thanks for the tip that definitely helps but it doesn't bring back the really good observations from camp and other educated football discussion that so many posters provide on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes