PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell is at it again - suspends IK Enemkpali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you there for all the other guys who've punched each other in practice?

Also, not sure about working for the NFL. Pretty sure his checks were being signed by Woody.

Do you watch the nhl?

If so, did you support that Vancouver cannuck who was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for his hit on thorton?

IK should miss the same amount of games he cost Geno, it's not really debatable in my opinion.

When are we going to hear about Sheldon Richardson?

What for being in a high speed race with an 8 ball and an underaged tranny hooker in the car (or something like that)? It's just the Patriots and their fans being "petty" again. :rolleyes:

Smith laid hands on him first per reports.

I hope he appeals and it goes to federal court again. Another NFLPA victory against the Ass Clown would be fun to watch.

Maybe IK was fired by his team but that doesn't mean he was fired.

He ultimately works for the NFL and the teams are just branches of employment.

He deserves 4 games, he deserves more to be frank.

If one of our guys punched Brady I get the feeling no one would be too happy about it.

Uh, Goodell would promise the guy a career in the league office.

What about all those other fights between teammates where guys punched each other and did not break each other's jaws? The Idiot Goodell is opening a can of worms. Steve Smith would have many seasons of suspensions under his belt by now.
This is a great point, though I'm thinking Steve Smith might have done this Pre-Goodouchebag.

But what will we tell the children? I don't care about what's bargained or process or whatever, the guy punched a defenseless NFL player and deserves to be punished

At least there's some actual evidence of wrongdoing.

If I punched one of my coworkers and broke his jaw, not only would I get fired, I would most likely face criminal assault and battery charges. I guess we give a lot of leeway to professional athletes on workplace violence because professional athletics are inherently physical and sometimes even violent, and it can be difficult to distinguish where the game ends and "real life" begins, but breaking someone's jaw in a locker room fight should have at least some sort of consequence besides switching teams so that players are on notice that it isn't an appropriate behavior. I admit, though, I don't know what the appropriate policy should be for the NFL to handle workplace violence. Is there an existing player policy that specifies penalties for this sort of incident? As we saw with Peterson/Rice/Brady, specific player policies pre-dating the incident are the key question to what discipline is acceptable.

I'm not sure what the problem is

Dude broke his team mates jaw what would happen if you did that at work?

I hate goodell too but the dude deserves much worse than a 4 game suspension.
Shouldn't this be up to the Jets and not the league, unless I suppose the team has no suspension powers and instead only have the option to cut the player.

Maybe IK was fired by his team but that doesn't mean he was fired.

He ultimately works for the NFL and the teams are just branches of employment.

He deserves 4 games, he deserves more to be frank.

If one of our guys punched Brady I get the feeling no one would be too happy about it.

So where does it end? Can he dish out 4 games for a borderline hit that causes an injury in game?

Is Suh gone for 4 games next time he stomps? If anything, the type of on field bs Suh pulls should be subject to this Goodellian joke of power and punishment.

So now any training camp spat is open to league review, and possible suspensions? That's a ****ing joke. Ik should not be punished for the dysfunction that is the jets. I'm damn sure this doesn't take place in any other locker room. Hell, lets say some juiced up moron takes a shot at Brady in similar fashion, do you think there is a presser, or is it kept in house, since everyone knows gronk, edes, nink and mayo would be all over the punk before it got half as far. Hell, one of those guys probably leaves an envelope with the 600 and calls it a day.

That jest rant aside, the players should be wary of any sort of bs goodell pulls. Does Ik deserve some form of punishment? Absolutely. Problem is Goodell should have no right in instances such as these. And again, precedent and notice. Last I checked, there were no charges filed.

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
If I punched one of my coworkers and broke his jaw, not only would I get fired, I would most likely face criminal assault and battery charges. I guess we give a lot of leeway to professional athletes on workplace violence because professional athletics are inherently physical and sometimes even violent, and it can be difficult to distinguish where the game ends and "real life" begins, but breaking someone's jaw in a locker room fight should have at least some sort of consequence besides switching teams so that players are on notice that it isn't an appropriate behavior. I admit, though, I don't know what the appropriate policy should be for the NFL to handle workplace violence. Is there an existing player policy that specifies penalties for this sort of incident? As we saw with Peterson/Rice/Brady, specific player policies pre-dating the incident are the key question to what discipline is acceptable.

NFL players are employed by their respective NFL teams. They are not employed by the NFL. It's a distinction that should matter.

Also, the Jets, did fire him, and the police are looking into charging him. Beyond that, this should be none of the NFL's business.

I'm guessing Geno hasn't pressed charges.

Not sure why Goodell is upset. Didn't his Jets get better by not having Geno at QB?

Well this is stupid, he was already punished by being cut. Fights between teammates should be team punishments.

Sorry but Goodell is making the right call here. As others have said think about what happened if you punch out a coworker...the guy shouldn't even be in the NFL.

This is probably just a make up call for Goodell going easy on the Rats for tampering with and stealing Revis.

Sorry but Goodell is making the right call here. As others have said think about what happened if you punch out a coworker...the guy shouldn't even be in the NFL.
Yeah you get fired. Ik was fired.

Was this a 'fight' or an assault? Did Geno fight back? How can you only suspend the fighter who did the most damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST