PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell and Belichick at Trophy Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he said "That James Lewis is one helluva a player, huh?"

It seems weird to me that (1) Bill would initiate and (2) he seemed pretty upbeat talking with him

I don't think it's that crazy. I'd be upbeat if I just won the Super Bowl and I'd be thrilled to talk to the people who tried desperately to get in my way.

I don't think it's that crazy. I'd be upbeat if I just won the Super Bowl and I'd be thrilled to talk to the people who tried desperately to get in my way.

Well, Roger was leaving and Bill calls out to him. To me that is slightly different than if they were all just standing around and the two end up talking. It indicates a purposeful action to say something. What was that purpose? (1) To rub it in or gloat? (2) Say thanks for...?, (3) Tell him don't feel bad about all the booing?

They begin talking at 3:42 and finish at at 4:04. That's 22 seconds of conversation. Seems like not a lot of time, but a lot can be exchanged; more than just a simple hello and congrats.

If it was gloating or anything, Roger's reactions are not indicative of that. As such, it has to be more cordial or friendly.

Did anyone notice that as Goodell was leaving the podium Bill pulled him over and they were talking to each other.

First, Goodell hands the trophy over to Kraft, then starts shaking Jonathan's hands and others to the right, then he heads to the left (presumably Bill or Strahan?). The camera pans out and when it comes back, Belichick is in the middle and seems to call Goodell who was about to step down the podium. Then they get close and start talking.

Can anyone read Goodell's lips?

I just thought the interaction was interesting given everything that happened.

FYI, relevant section begins at 3:27 min

OK, they were talking for quite a while there. As always, Bill Belichick doesn't seem to hold grudges against people he works for; he doesn't take abject, baseless criticism from superiors (Parcells, Goodell) personally. Of course, TJ does not fall into that category.

I'd speculate that Bill congratulated Goodell about how well the whole show/game was organized, perhaps comparing to how it was there back in '04.

I suppose some slack can be cut about how BB & Kraft [didn't] respond to all that happend in '07, due to how unprecedented and unreal the whole thing was, along with Kraft's obvious friendship with Goodell. It's a little shocking to me personally, how similar this dynamic is to what happened in my family, between my parents and my mom's siblings.

'07 was the shot across the bow (albeit with quite a lot of damage). Kraft didn't respond, or get it. He then paid for it in '15. People want to believe that winning on the field despite the attacks is victory in the war. It depends on how you look at it.

Like we agreed, after you wash it I want you to polish it with your tongue.

The blue one?

Yeah, the blue Escalade in the last row.

"And set the damn clock in it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results