PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell and Belichick at Trophy Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB; "Cheat this Bee-och, I got your trophy swinging".

Disgusting thought but very Kraft-like.
Yes. No question if BB had it his way never seeing or speaking to Goody again would be too soon for him.

Instead he was polite, gracious and operated above Goody's petty antics

Yes. No question if BB had it his way never seeing or speaking to Goody again would be too soon for him.

Instead he was polite, gracious and operated above Goody's petty antics
We have no way of knowing he was polite and gracious.
For all we know he could have told him he is an embarrassment, a scumbag and he should get to f##k off the stage.
The one part clear is bb says ok and goodell leaves.

We have no way of knowing he was polite and gracious.
For all we know he could have told him he is an embarrassment, a scumbag and he should get to f##k off the stage.
The one part clear is bb says ok and goodell leaves.

God I wish he said that.

He asked him this...

Hey rog, do you have a micro wave?

He may have.

After watching that exchange a few times my gut tells me BB had a clear intention of something to say to him.

No way was it accidental. He sought him out.

After watching that exchange a few times my gut tells me BB had a clear intention of something to say to him.

No way was it accidental. He sought him out.
And the idea that it was a positive exchange because they were close and talking into each other's ear is meaningless because it was so loud.

I think it was the 2016 version of the 2003 "conversation" with tom Jackson.

And the idea that it was a positive exchange because they were close and talking into each other's ear is meaningless because it was so loud.

I think it was the 2016 version of the 2003 "conversation" with tom Jackson.

Speculation...

I think BB engaged Goody to say something along the lines of...

" Hey Roger .Thanks.....Y'know, we knew Tom was going to come through for us and he was as determined as ive ever seen him. He was really motivated this year. The whole team was."

Roger says yep, offers some disengaging remarks and they move on.

Speculation...

I think BB engaged Goody to say something along the lines of...

" Hey Roger .Thanks.....Y'know, we knew Tom was going to come through for us and he was as determined as ive ever seen him. He was really motivated this year. The whole team was."

Roger says yep, offers some disengaging remarks and they move on.

I agree that Bill sought out Goodell. My only hope that it wasn't a positive exchange was towards the end, around 4:05, Bill gives a little nod and looks pretty content/smug as he says OK in response to whatever Roger said.

I agree that Bill sought out Goodell. My only hope that it wasn't a positive exchange was towards the end, around 4:05, Bill gives a little nod and looks pretty content/smug as he says OK in response to whatever Roger said.
Yea I agree on the ending. God I want to know what the exchange was.

Nah, that's just Belichick's typical awkwardness and being done with the conversation. Anyone who is reading any ounce of blasting-Tom-Jackson aggression in BB's body language there is just plain wishing. Sorry, he kept it classy.

As far as Jonathan Kraft's "cold fish" handshake with Goodell, OK great. Be sure to observe when he and dad give him a bro hug next season.

Did anybody else notice the cold fish handshake that Jonathan Kraft gave and the look of contempt on his face.

Bob Kraft's body language seemed pretty dismissive of Goodell too as he took the trophy from him

Belichick was in an understandably euphoric mood following the game, causing him to do things like going on ESPN's postgame show unsolicited. He probably wanted to keep it classy with Goodell and probably shared an olive branch of sorts. If you notice, at first Goodell was going to leave the stage w/o shaking Belichick's hand, probably assuming that BB wanted nothing to do with him.
Nothing wrong per se with BB being in a good mood, as he had, for three quarters, subconsciously prepared for a post-loss press conference etc.

In contrast with the refreshingly direct "F*ck you, Tom" to Jackson.

Helpful to realize that for many years, BB worked for Parcells, a man not known for politeness and grace. Further, unlike Parcells and Carroll, he put up with Kraft, less so after Brady took over; but then entirely through the 2007-08 insanity culminating in his own forced apology on 4/1/08, immediately followed by Kraft's.

I think Bill Belichick has always simply been grateful for the opportunity to coach in the NFL, and he doesn't pretend to have any interest or involvement in non-coaching activities, and he possesses a personality which is not bothered by belligerent, disrespectful direct criticism from people he works for. He's an only child; maybe the lack of sibling teasing or rivalry somehow made him impervious to ridicule.

Yup.

Despite all the fantasy scenario put forth by many of the posters in this thread, the interaction was clearly warm and friendly.

I hated that.

My ex-wife and me have cordial conversations too. That does not mean we are both smiling at each other through gritted teeth. :)

Knowing Bill, he was probably talking about a potential rule change for next year.

Or else he was complaining about the blown call on the blocked extra point. :)

I know BB said, "Ray Lewis killed a guy."

What Roger said is unknown but it likely was, "Ray Lewis killed two guys."

BB: "Ok."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents