PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell and Belichick at Trophy Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

invasian

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Did anyone notice that as Goodell was leaving the podium Bill pulled him over and they were talking to each other.

First, Goodell hands the trophy over to Kraft, then starts shaking Jonathan's hands and others to the right, then he heads to the left (presumably Bill or Strahan?). The camera pans out and when it comes back, Belichick is in the middle and seems to call Goodell who was about to step down the podium. Then they get close and start talking.

Can anyone read Goodell's lips?

I just thought the interaction was interesting given everything that happened.

FYI, relevant section begins at 3:27 min

Last edited:
"Heads up, Coach... if you win it again next year, Jerry says I have to find a reason to kick you out of the league."

There was actually a microphone nearby that captured the audio, although it was somewhat muffled. In any event,,,,it seemed like a lighthearted exchange. Here's the transcript.

BB: Were you born stupid or did you have to study?
Roger: What was that??
BB: OMG ...Does blowing make you deaf?
Roger: Huh??
BB: Blowing make you deaf?
Roger: What??
BB: Never mind. Do you like apples?
Roger: What's that??
BB: I said, Do you like apples?
Roger: Yeah
BB: Well we just won our second in three years.......how do you like those apples?
Roger: Huh?

Last edited:
Seriously, if anyone has a friend who is skilled at reading lips should be able to detail Roger's part of the conversation.....
Goodell looked only slightly more uncomfortable than Arthur Blank did on the sidelines while his team watched a 25 point lead melt away.....

Seriously, if anyone has a friend who is skilled at reading lips should be able to detail Roger's part of the conversation.....
Goodell looked only slightly more uncomfortable than Arthur Blank did on the sidelines while his team watched a 25 point lead melt away.....

It seems weird to me that (1) Bill would initiate and (2) he seemed pretty upbeat talking with him

It seems weird to me that (1) Bill would initiate and (2) he seemed pretty upbeat talking with him
Right and on the other hand it would have fueled the fire if not a word was said.

I'm pretty sure since Deflategate and Spygate Bill and Goody have had a handful of brief conversations at owners meetings and other places.

With that said I think Kraft most likely nudged Bill to make peace and keep things cordial on the surface.

Yup.

Despite all the fantasy scenario put forth by many of the posters in this thread, the interaction was clearly warm and friendly.

I hated that.

Right and on the other hand it would have fueled the fire if not a word was said.

I'm pretty sure since Deflategate and Spygate Bill and Goody have had a handful of brief conversations at owners meetings and other places.

With that said I think Kraft most likely nudged Bill to make peace and keep things cordial on the surface.
Disgusting thought but very Kraft-like.

Belichick was in an understandably euphoric mood following the game, causing him to do things like going on ESPN's postgame show unsolicited. He probably wanted to keep it classy with Goodell and probably shared an olive branch of sorts. If you notice, at first Goodell was going to leave the stage w/o shaking Belichick's hand, probably assuming that BB wanted nothing to do with him.

Bend-over Bill

Well bill, you just lost another draft pick..

Oooh, im crushed

You just lost one more.

Like the breakfast club..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST