PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Day for Us Around the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stokes said:
Second, Indy on offense showed what the Pats tried to do last time out and couldn't due to lack of receivers, go after Foxworth. He is sub-par at best, and can be exploited if the line does a decent job against Denver's blitz packages. All that said though, I'd rather they both lose a few more and have to come here for a game!
i dont think denver blitzed, they played coverage like the pats did in the past or like tennesse did a few weeks ago and let the colts run and dropped in coverage to stop the big play and got burned...denver changed up their D and lost IMO..as some coach said "You are what you are".
One thing manning should get credit for of all things yesterday, he was patient throwing 15 yard pass rather than get impatient and throw long balls which has been the colts downfall in the past

SVN said:
denver plays pitt next week thats why i thought denver winning today wouldve been better specially since they have to play pitt and SD twice ..both losable
denver seems to have more losable games than indy so a denver win wouldve been better imho but everyone seemed to just think about the seeding at the end of this week for some reason and wanted the colts to win

My rooting against Denver had nothing to do with the playoffs. I wanted the Colts to come into our house riding high on thier undefeated season and get humiliated by us on national TV.

SVN said:
i dont think denver blitzed, they played coverage like the pats did in the past or like tennesse did a few weeks ago and let the colts run and dropped in coverage to stop the big play and got burned...denver changed up their D and lost IMO..as some coach said "You are what you are".
One thing manning should get credit for of all things yesterday, he was patient throwing 15 yard pass rather than get impatient and throw long balls which has been the colts downfall in the past

Yeah I agree they didn't blitz much, taking a play from the Pats playbook, but I was talking about another potential Pats/Broncs matchup, knowing that Denver does blitz quite a bit against us. Manning should only get credit for just looking to Reggie Wayne every time since he was just OWNING Darrent Williams. By the way I literally felt a little sick to my stomach watching Vinatieri put one dead center to win the game for the Colts.

edit: sorry I guess it was Williams not Foxworth, the other terrible Denver corner.

Last edited:
Denver is going to fold like a 2tent-they had a cake schedule to start out with, now it's getting difficult-Jake "The Fake" will come out again.

Pitt-was is it with their QBs since Terry? They've all had some kind of curse around them.

Miami-what in the world was Saban thinking when he traded draft picks for TWO NO GOOD QBs?

Philly-finally exposed for what they really are-FRAUDS. They were just a merely good team in an incredibly weak conference. Now the NFC has alot of very good teams. And to boot-teams have figured out Jim Johnson's schemes.

Dallas-Question for Pats fans-how much the OL criticized when Bledsoe was starting(prior to when Brady took over)? Can't figure it out-but with Romo, the Dallas OL just played INCREDIBLY better. For the last year-Dallas' OL has been the butt of everyone's jokes-Now, they played amazingly against a VERY dominant Carolina DL.

Giants-after getting through their toughest part of their schedule, they're going to run the tables(at least in the NFC East). Philly, OTOH, just finished their cake schedule part, now they're going into their toughest part.

DisgruntledTunaFan said:
Dallas-Question for Pats fans-how much the OL criticized when Bledsoe was starting(prior to when Brady took over)? Can't figure it out-but with Romo, the Dallas OL just played INCREDIBLY better. For the last year-Dallas' OL has been the butt of everyone's jokes-Now, they played amazingly against a VERY dominant Carolina DL.

What about Carolina? They were supposed to be by far the most complete team in the NFL and now they're an unimpressive 4-4.

If our boys don't beat Minny, this won't have been a good weekend. Duh. But yeah, I agree, it was a good day. Seattle, Denver, and Jets losing is all good. I'll put up with Indy, Baltimore, and San Diego winning as a tradeoff.

A McNair-led team with an excellent defense can be a tough out, but the Pats have dealt with that before.

I'm just loving the fact that that draft pick from Seattle looks better every week.

Stokes said:
I pretty much agree, though a couple of things, first, I'd still give the ground game edge to the 1985 Pats, and a couple of the teams from the 70's, one of which I think still owns the NFL season rushing record.

Excellent points, Stokes. I was going to start a thread comparing our RB situation to that of the '85, '78 and'76 and '74 teams (generally thought to be the four best Pats groundgames).

Note those previous years. All but 1985 had Hannah and Gray together. 1985 had Hannah in his last season.

The season is still young but, looking at this again, I think you're right. The 1976 and 1978 teams had unbelievable running games 3 or 4 FEATURE backs deep - - not to mention a SUPERIOR running QB in Grogan.

However, I do believe this year's running game is better than the '85 team.

Thanks for calming my hyperbole down!

Stokes said:
By the way I literally felt a little sick to my stomach watching Vinatieri put one dead center to win the game for the Colts.

......wait 'til you see the media drumbeat on this the leading up to next Sunday's game. If you felt sick yesterday.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News