PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Day for Us Around the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The Jets lost, increasing our lead in the division.

Indy beat Denver, so as of now we have the number two seed.

Seattle lost so our draft pick looks better.

Pitt lost....to the Raiders. They're playoff hopes are slim to none.

zippo59 said:
The Jets lost, increasing our lead in the division.

Indy beat Denver, so as of now we have the number two seed.

Seattle lost so our draft pick looks better.

Pitt lost....to the Raiders. They're playoff hopes are slim to none.
I watched a lot of the Raider game, actually rooting for them. For a defending champion to lose to a team coached by poor old Art Shell...man, that is poor. Shell seems absolutely out of it when he's interviewed.

It's hindsight...but they never should have started Roethlisberger! He was terrible!

Hawg 73 said:
It's hindsight...but they never should have started Roethlisberger! He was terrible!
He has been awful all season, he is digressing big time.

Roethlisberger now has 6 TDs and 11 INTs on the season.

He had something like a 27-3 record as a starter. It's now down to 28-8, and I wouldn't mind seeing it drop further. :D

The Steelers are a train wreck - you can forgive the losses to playoff-caliber competition but their normally-efficient QB gave up 14 points on picks today to a team widely considered the worst in the league.

Rothleisberger should not have been playing and Cowher knows it. This whole "play him if he's breathing" crap has killed their season.

Cincy lost, hopeully that gets them mad enough to contend with the Ravens. Pit losing to Joakland was sweet, now if that ticks them off and they take it out on Cincy and Balt that would be good.

Joakland getting some energy may be a great thing when Denver and San Diego go into the stink hole to play them.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Cincy lost, hopeully that gets them mad enough to contend with the Ravens. Pit losing to Joakland was sweet, now if that ticks them off and they take it out on Cincy and Balt that would be good.

Joakland getting some energy may be a great thing when Denver and San Diego go into the stink hole to play them.
denver plays pitt next week thats why i thought denver winning today wouldve been better specially since they have to play pitt and SD twice ..both losable
denver seems to have more losable games than indy so a denver win wouldve been better imho but everyone seemed to just think about the seeding at the end of this week for some reason and wanted the colts to win

Playing Indy in Indy or Denver in Denver...tough choice. :rolleyes:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Playing Indy in Indy or Denver in Denver...tough choice. :rolleyes:
if i were to choose(which means nothing obviously :)) i would pick indy in indy...at least its a defense which frustrate brady and gives us a chance to win
denver today tried to play like the pats D today in playing coverage and not running their all out blitzes and stuff and thats why they got 31 pts score on them..they are still a good D IMO

On a side note, regarding the KC-Sea game. I saw Ty Law got burned on a long TD play. I am really glad the Pats did not overpay for him.

FilPats said:
On a side note, regarding the KC-Sea game. I saw Ty Law got burned on a long TD play. I am really glad the Pats did not overpay for him.
The Jackson score?? HmmmmBut KC is looking better and coming on strong..

Ty got caught looking in the backfield. He was back-pedaling with the
wr and got juked on a pump fake. Jackson kept running and was 20
yds behind him. Deion Branch made a nice play with under 2 min left.
Seattle was trailing 35-28 and KC made an interception on a tipped
pass. However the stupid DL tried to be a hero. Instead of falling on
the ball. He's going to take off and try to score. Deion came up from
behind him and just ripped the ball out of his hands. Gave Sea.
the ball back and a chance to score. But, KC stopped them. Raiders
play at Seattle next week off of their 2 consec wins. Maybe, A.Brooks
can play. A.Walter has a long way to go to be a decent qb.

patsfaninpa said:
Maybe, A.Brooks can play. A.Walter has a long way to go to be a decent qb.

Funny . . . I thought you could say the same thing about Brooks. :bricks:

[At this point, it seems like almost a given that we're going to hear "The Oakland Raiders select Brady Quinn" next April. . . .]

We had a choice between Colts @ Broncos and Steelers @ Raiders last night; a lot of the key plays in the Raiders game happened when the other game was away at commercials.
Really enjoyed both games - to see a team beat the reigning Super Bowl champions with 98 yards on offense was very amusing.

SVN said:
if i were to choose(which means nothing obviously :)) i would pick indy in indy...at least its a defense which frustrate brady and gives us a chance to win
denver today tried to play like the pats D today in playing coverage and not running their all out blitzes and stuff and thats why they got 31 pts score on them..they are still a good D IMO

I'm with you SVN, I don't want to see Mile High Stadium ever again. They are just a bad matchup for us and Shanny is a very cerebral coach.

The Colts meanwhile can be bulldozed on the ground (and this year, the Pats' groundgame is their best ever) and Peyton's carriage always turns into a pumpkin in January.

I liked the Indy win yesterday. It officially made the Pats the masters of their own destiny again. At this moment, the Pats don't have to rely on anyone else to have HFA throughout the playoffs.

ctpatsfan77 said:
Funny . . . I thought you could say the same thing about Brooks. :bricks:

[At this point, it seems like almost a given that we're going to hear "The Oakland Raiders select Brady Quinn" next April. . . .]

Let's all pause and recall that Oakland had its choice of Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler in the draft, and picked a safety. Ditto for Buffalo. Now Huff and Whitner might be fine players, but neither of those teams is going anywhere without a QB.

Hawg 73 said:

I have a couple of good buddies who are big-time Steeler fans and I have been telling them Rothlisberger is just not right.

I have been saying for a few weeks that they are better off with Charlie Batch right now...

I don't think Rothlisberger is fully recovered even from the bike accident, much less the appendix, but more than anything, his head doesn't seem right.

Four picks, two for TDs, one on the goaline!

And pretty much ALL bad decisions on his part.

shmessy said:
I'm with you SVN, I don't want to see Mile High Stadium ever again. They are just a bad matchup for us and Shanny is a very cerebral coach.

The Colts meanwhile can be bulldozed on the ground (and this year, the Pats' groundgame is their best ever) and Peyton's carriage always turns into a pumpkin in January.

I liked the Indy win yesterday. It officially made the Pats the masters of their own destiny again. At this moment, the Pats don't have to rely on anyone else to have HFA throughout the playoffs.

I pretty much agree, though a couple of things, first, I'd still give the ground game edge to the 1985 Pats, and a couple of the teams from the 70's, one of which I think still owns the NFL season rushing record. Second, Indy on offense showed what the Pats tried to do last time out and couldn't due to lack of receivers, go after Foxworth. He is sub-par at best, and can be exploited if the line does a decent job against Denver's blitz packages. All that said though, I'd rather they both lose a few more and have to come here for a game!

How about Roethlisberger is one of the most overrated players in the league? It is not that he "is not right". He is right and he is just not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes