PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good chance Brady throws close to 50 tds

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the defense struggling and injured the way that it is, I would hope that we turn to the run much more than we have in the first few weeks to burn up T.O.P. as much as possible and keep the defense off the field. The fact that Belichick actually WANTED the defense to give up the TD yesterday says a lot. This team is all offense right now and the offense is all pass. If we stick to that formula and keep relying on the opposing offense to shoot itself in the foot in the red zone, we aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl again any time soon.

WITH that being said, all of these problems can be corrected. O'Brien can turn to the run more (I liked the way Ridley looked yesterday and was baffled when they took him out of the game) which will also open up the play action pass. On top of that, key injuries to the defensive front should be returning. Further, this is a great coaching opportunity for one of the best in the game, ala the Browns loss last year. I expect Belichick to act accordingly.

I agree with running the ball more, but I think we should still be pass heavy against the Raiders.

Last edited:
We also know that for some reason they are really not going to run the ball even if they are winning by a few scores. I think all of that translates into a ton of TD...

I'd rather the Patriots mix it up more after getting that early lead. Let's see more Ridley and more run game to shorten the game once we get up by 2 scores or more. Might not be as 'exciting' or high scoring, but I think it would be good to get into the habit of doing it more so that we can be confident we can execute that kind of gameplan in the playoffs. Just my thoughts.

As for Brady passing for 50 TDs again? It wouldn't surprise me. Neither would a 5,000-6,000 yard season. Tom is well on pace to shatter all-time NFL offensive records.

BTW Everyone knows now that Brady holds the all-time TD passing record in a season with 50. But did you also know that he holds the #4 all-time record for passing yards in a season with 4,806? Yes he did that in 2007. So Brady is ranked #1 and #4 respectively in those categories as well as recording the 5th most passing yards ever in a single game. Brady is at the PEAK of his career right now. 5,000 yards or more should surprise noone. Then that would mean Brady would have the most passing yards in a season (he'd need to top 5,084), and most passing TDs in a season. So if that happens, Marino who? Stat-wise how could anyone argue that Brady isn't the greatest of all time?

Last edited:
With the defense struggling and injured the way that it is, I would hope that we turn to the run much more than we have in the first few weeks to burn up T.O.P. as much as possible and keep the defense off the field. The fact that Belichick actually WANTED the defense to give up the TD yesterday says a lot. This team is all offense right now and the offense is all pass. If we stick to that formula and keep relying on the opposing offense to shoot itself in the foot in the red zone, we aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl again any time soon.

WITH that being said, all of these problems can be corrected. O'Brien can turn to the run more (I liked the way Ridley looked yesterday and was baffled when they took him out of the game) which will also open up the play action pass. On top of that, key injuries to the defensive front should be returning. Further, this is a great coaching opportunity for one of the best in the game, ala the Browns loss last year. I expect Belichick to act accordingly.

Our last 3 playoff games speak for themselves. If we can't run effectively, or at least TRY to run and make defenses respect us there, we are likely one and done regardless of how amazing the pass offense looks in the regular season.

You think the 3 scoring drives Buffalo had when starting with field position of their own 10 or worse had something to do with it too?

I know. What is it that these people are failing to see. Brady threw 4 INTs, but he also threw just shy of 400 yards and 4 TDs so I wouldn't exactly pin the loss only on him. Between the 93 yards in penalties and the Rice Krispie, "Snap, Crackle and Pop" Defense it's pretty obvious.

Last edited:
I know. What is it that these people are failing to see. Brady threw 4 INTs, but he also threw just shy of 400 yards and 4 TDs so I wouldn't exactly pin the loss only on him. Between the 93 yards in penalties and the Rice Krispie, "Snap, Crackle and Pop" Defense it's pretty obvious.

And just a note, but Brady would have had his 400 if that 30+ yard pass to Gronk hadn't been called back on a holding penalty. Brady went back to Gronk again but only came up with 15. Brady finished the game with 386 yards, so those 14 extra yards were lost due to the penalty.

Silly question, but you think maybe one of the refs had a bet riding that Brady wouldn't get to 400x3? Naaah, that would never happen, right? :)

"Good chance Brady throws close to 50 TDs" or "Good chance Brady breaks Marino's record" = good chance Brady gets worn down faster.

Also, we are at our best when the team doesn't rely on one player too much.

Lol..I hope the Pats win..Hopefully the loss decrease the expectations, so they can take the time to gel and put it all together for the stretch run! The Pats aren't even AFC champs, yet it seems the expectations are higher with them than any other team. I remember in 07 how the undefeated season became such a big deal that everyone was giving the Pats their best shot, and I think it eventually wore them out even before the playoffs. Now everyone can go back talking about other teams...hopefully....If the Pats play Top 20 defense, they are easily the best team in the AFC,IMO!

If the Pats play Top 20 defense, they are easily the best team in the AFC,IMO!

I'd settle for, better than 31st worst defense in the NFL. ;-) But yeah, BB has his work cut out for him.

Whether people like it or not,the truth is that we are now what we were laughing about over 4 years ago......we are the Indianapolis Colts of the mid decade.....all offense,little defense

I've been saying the same thing for a few years now. I think it applies to this year more than any other thus far.

I am in the same opinion of vjc. I have no problem with the Pats airing it out often but would love to see a lot more running when the game is under control. Imo Ridley is most certainly the anser. I love his running style and he seems to get two more yards than you expect on some of his runs. The only problem I see in his game right now is when he gets stood up straight he needs to just stop fighting and go down. That looks like a fumble waiting to happen.

i see people calling this pats team the colts... if this team was like the colts i would guarantee a SB win at the end of the year, cause at lest the colts know who they are Peyton going to get the lead so we will play zone defense and get two great pass rushers and get after the outher teams QB,

this front office and coaching staff is just throwing stuff out there with this defense and hopeing it sticks... 4-3 with out haveing any good 4-3 DE'S on the roster sounds good, man coverage with out a pass rush lets try that cut our pro blow FS and replace him with a JAG thats a great idea, im hopeing they get over this injury bug fast and Haynesworth becomes a force on this Dline cause this defense needs help bad

Whether people like it or not,the truth is that we are now what we were laughing about over 4 years ago......we are the Indianapolis Colts of the mid decade.....all offense,little defense

Except those Colts could rush the passer.

MUAHAHAHAHA

J/k

Not really..

i see people calling this pats team the colts... if this team was like the colts i would guarantee a SB win at the end of the year, cause at lest the colts know who they are Peyton going to get the lead so we will play zone defense and get two great pass rushers and get after the outher teams QB,

this front office and coaching staff is just throwing stuff out there with this defense and hopeing it sticks... 4-3 with out haveing any good 4-3 DE'S on the roster sounds good, man coverage with out a pass rush lets try that cut our pro blow FS and replace him with a JAG thats a great idea, im hopeing they get over this injury bug fast and Haynesworth becomes a force on this Dline cause this defense needs help bad

They are the Colts on OFFENSE. Certainly not on Defense, unless there is a Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis and Bob Sanders waiting in the wings in Cunningham, Brace, Sergio ma man

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes