PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gomer Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me... but it feels like maybe he could have spoken up a bit more for his friend Tom during this whole mess.

Don't know what he could or should have said but I think whatever he did say would have had a lot of ears...

Yeah, Gomer has really stood up for Tom, after Gomer himself lobbied for he football handling rules to be changed.

He should have spoken loud and clear on that one point -- that their joint lobbying was about matters other than air pressure.

I seem to hate him less then before. It's like Bird and Magic...I hated Magic back in the day...but the respect was always there.

I'm always for appreciating worthy opponents. character wise, he's kind of a whiner, but you have to admit [unless it really kills you to do so] that he's a tough son of a bee and a fierce competitor. Not many would come back from the neck injury to play and play at a high level, even when his arm strength waned.

No doubt which of the two I'd prefer, but Peyton is a tough SOB.

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
I agree that PMs (the 's' is silent) does not naturally go out of his way for anyone other than himself, including teammates. That is why he is disliked by a lot of people, including myself. He does take the high road when commenting on other teams and players. Imagine if Brady said something about Revis or a Raven.

Honestly, Brady probably wouldn't have gotten involved either had the situation been reversed. But, it would have been awesome if Peyton had chimed in.

To show he really cares, Manning should throw a game-losing interception at the goal line to Malcolm Butler in the AFC Championship game in Foxboro in January, 2016. It wouldn't be original, but it works for me.

Last edited:
I've always had respect for Manning, and I believe that he and Tom are decent friends off the field.

I dislike the organizations that he's played for, the media attention, and the rules that have been changed to help him--but all in all, he's not exactly at the top of my list for NFL players that I don't care for.

**** that moonheaded sexual assault artist and legendary all time choker. I wouldn't pizz on his head if it was on fire.

and you can quote me on that on any platform , message board, twitter link, facebook page, flickr, instagram or any other access point to the web.

**** that guy. With all of the media talking about how "Brady" lobbied the league to change the ball prep rules as if it proved his guilt he hasn't spoken up once to say he was also a driving force.

There's nothing tough about Peyton Manning

Not a fan.

I could (almost) tolerate Forehead Omaha if he stopped making commercials. That doesn't look to be happening anytime soon, so eff him.

Oh yeah, forgot about that preplanned/choreographed little game of "keep-away" with the ball when he set the touchdown record. Eff him again.

**** that moonheaded sexual assault artist and legendary all time choker. I wouldn't pizz on his head if it was on fire.

and you can quote me on that on any platform , message board, twitter link, facebook page, flickr, instagram or any other access point to the web.
Well guys the voice of reason has spoken so we're done here!

There was a time when this would've been a joke...

when was that?..before he pinned a woman in the Tenn. training room and rubbed his testicles and penis all over her face against her will?...or was it that incredible Super Bowl where he put up the astonishing 24.5 QB rating?

Got nothing against PM, just the media fawning. I guess I can't even blame him that he started to believe it. He just wasn't the hype. Top player though. It'll be interesting to watch his performance this (and next?) season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes