PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Golic chat, Pats questions:

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Aaron (New York): hey mike, how do you think the patriots secondary will be now that harrison will be back? and do you think Maroney will have an impact in the rushing game this year?

Mike Golic: Harrison being back will be huge. He can stick some guys. You get Bruschi back for the whole season. Maroney might push Dillon a little bit. I like him a lot. I think he's going to be a good back. He's versatile to fit into that system. I think he'll have a nice impact on this team.
Del Rio,Tx: Mike, How are you doing? Based on the lack of the Patriots recieving core, do you believe they have a chance to compete and go deep into the playoffs. Thanks Alan

Mike Golic: Absolutely. I don't care about a lack of depth at the WR, Tom Brady will throw to guys that you've never heard of. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. Brady will get you the ball if you're open. I think this team will be right back in it this year.
Terrence ( Detroit): What would a top 5 Head Coach depth chart look like?

Mike Golic: I would say Parcells, Cowher, Belichick, Dungy, and John Fox.

Interesting stuff, 'though putting Parcells and Cowher over Belichick is the prime example of "how quickly they forget." Overall, though, a decent chat over at ESPN.com

Parcells, Belichick, Cowher < my order

Belichick embarrassed the Steelers in the 2004 playoffs, and won in the 2005 regular season against them...so how is Cowher rated higher...

Last edited:
How can Parcells possibly be ranked higher than Belichick? Who's won more Super Bowls?

In Parcells' post Giants years, 10 full seasons going on 11, I can only think of 4 years where his coaching led a team to perform beyond itself, the 94 and 96 Pats, the 98 Jets and the 03 Cowboys. Other than that, his teams have largly dissapointed.

Belichick, Cowher, Parcells.

Dungy doesn't make the top five, IMO.

John Fox, maybe.

Andy Reid has done a lot with blowchunks McNabb and Freddy X-Eagle. He makes my list.

Has Joe Gibbs forgotten how to coach? In the old days, he would have made the list.

Belichick, Fox, Parcells, Fisher, Reid, Cowher.

Maybe he was just naming them in no particular order? Remember, they answer very quickly during those chats.

Patjew: While is is true that Golic didn't sit down and work out his list very carefully, it is still interesting that he named Parcells and Cowher first. I think that shows what is on the tip of his tongue, so to speak.

I wonder about him leaving out some coaches in favor of Dungy, but like you say, this was all a spur of the moment response.

Patsox: Just for the sake of curiousity, why Fisher?

Last edited:
I think Bill Cowher is a great coach, but how could Mike Golic put him over Bill Belichick.

Super Bowl Rings: Belichick 3, Cowher 1.

Belichick's record vs. Cowher with the Pats: 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back